Jamie Lynn - Raisin' Baby in La., Not L.A.

3/13/2008 8:16 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jamie Lynn SpearsIt looks like lil' Jamie Lynn Spears is going to be raising her little man in K-wood rather than subject him to H-wood and the crazy media cauldron his aunt Brit subjected J.J. and Sean to.

A source tells MSNBC that J-Lynn is building a nursery in Kentwood, La., near the rest of the family, and that it's being designed by Petit Tresor, which also did J. Lo's nurseries. Apparently, Britney is paying for the ocean-themed room, and shelling out more than $30,000 for it (even though she's only getting $1,500 per week allowance.)

Of course, remember that Britney was going to keep Jayden in Louisiana for a while – but we all know that didn't really pan out.

Britney's Mom Meets "Met Your Mother"

So Britney Spears began shooting her guest spot on CBS' "How I Met Your Mother" yesterday in L.A., and, appropriately enough, Brit's mom came by to see her kid.

Usmagazine.com reports that Lynne visited Brit's trailer (insert socioeconomic zinger here), and that Britney was costumed up in what sounds like the most demure thing she's worn in years: a blue shirt, black heels, glasses, and a "secretary-style" skirt.

As TMZ reported yesterday, Alicia Silverstone, who was supposed to play the "Mother" of the title, backed out of the role when she learned Britney was involved.

Party Favors: $4,300 for "Kristen"? A Bargain in Vegas ... China Clamps Down on Connick, Jr.

With everyone talking about how high-priced Eliot Spitzer's call girl was, Vegas Confidential talks to a former madame who says that the Gov. was driving "a Saturn" when he could've been taking a Cadillac for a spin, at least by Nevada standards. ... Chinese authorities stripped Harry Connick Jr.'s show of much of its music after they didn't want the crooner singing certain songs – and forced him to play largely alone.

Lenn K.

Jack54, I guess you didn't read the whole thing. I said, that's up to her if she want to keep her child. She has the means to take care of a child with the help of her sister. But that's up to her if this is what she wants.

Britney needs to go away - for good

Good for Alicia Silverstone backing out once she heard Britney was involved. Britney is like a cancer & she sucks at everything - career, love, parenting, friendship, etc. IN OTHER WORDS, BRITNEY IS WORTHLESS!

lilmama

I feel that Jamie is doin the best thing by keeping her baby. UNlike the rest of us pregnant teens, she actually has the MONEY to raise her baby. I think she is a sweet girl and will be a great mother. I dont think she will turn out like her crazy sister britney. AND if britney wants to pay for Jamie's nursery i dont think that should be a problem. after all that is her little sister, and she probablly feels like she wants to help her out even if its just paying for her nursery.

Moe

Good to see things seem to be coming together for this family. About time!

les

The Spears family have done SO well by their children - it stands to reason that Jamie should keep hers to complete the cycle. I agree with Lenn. There is a couple out there who would be far better parents to this child than this disaster waiting to happen.

nick

I love the mature opinions in here. 'BRITNEY IS WORTHLESS.' That is great. Judging someone you dont even know, and someone who is already going through a hard time. I applaud you. Im sure you make more than $790,000 a month as well. Yup. Worthless I tell ya

Obama Hussein Barak is the Anti-Christ

Actually, the story goes that Alicia Silverstone didn't want to get upstaged by Britney.

I guess I grumpy today, b/c I'm also taking exception with the comment about the nursery. Luckily, through hard work, I am financially better off than my sister (by no means in the Britney financial universe) but I often do things for my sister. She has 4 kids and a husband who is ill but she refuses to work - she has the ability and the skills but she prefers to be home with her family. I work 60-70 hours a week and have done so for 30+ years. Yes, I think she should work, but that does not stop me from sending her and her family on vacation, buying them basic things like clothes, food, paying for home repairs, etc. Do you know why? Because she is my sister and I love her and would do anything for her. And, my brother is financially better off than any of us, and, guess what? No only does he share with his family but also many non-family members. We were raised in a loving family and giving family. If Britney wants to pay for a nursery for her niece/nephew, why do you care????

Twinker

For 30K, a college educated mother would benefit Jamie Lynn's baby a lot more good than a cute nursery...

Liz

jack54 - I think it is wonderful that you help your sister out. Family is very important! However, the post about Jamie Lynn spending $30,000 of Brit's money on a nusery really does not make any sense to me.

Obama Hussein Barak is the Anti-Christ

Dallas, it is all relative.

Teacher ... a college educated mother does not necessarily make a better mother.

todd lissner anti adult anti wholesomeness activist-----(kadintodd2@aol.com)

i like jamie lynn and brit but i thinkjamie lynn should ake her kid famous in hollywood wats life if your not famous IT SUX!!lol kinda sux if u r famous 2 but its more fun usually her parents aint so great y have them be around her baby!!!

aSiF

Who gives a flaming poo what she spends her money on. It's her money, if she wants to dig a big hole in the back yard and set it on fire.......DO IT!

Alicia Silverstone did not take the moral high ground - - she didn't want to be ignored like her last movies.

YankeesRule

Really, Jamie Lynn is already more mature and grounded than Britney ever thought of being. By raising her baby there, she's not only giving her baby a chance at a normal life... but herself too. I think it's been a blessing in disguise for her to see what her sister has become... because that really could have been her next. Now, I think she has a solid chance to make it, just so she doesn't end up anything like her pitiful sister.

aSiF

Yankee's Rule - "a blessing in disuise" are you kidding? Clearly, you've never had to deal with a family member who has a mental illness. The only blessing is if they can keep regulated by their meds. There is also no blessing in teenage pregnancy.

Jemima Puddleduck

Who the H*LL needs a $30,000 nursery?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments