Girl Scouts Leave Mary Ann Stranded

3/15/2008 12:56 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dawn Wells' arrest for pot possession is no laughing matter -- the "Gilligan's Island" star has been dropped from speaking at a Girl Scout event in Palm Beach because of it!

Although a third party claimed responsibility for the marijuana, the Girl Scouts of the Palm Glades Council have nixed Dawn from speaking at their April 5 luncheon in Palm Beach. TMZ spoke with Holly Policy, a Scout spokesperson (who found out about Dawn's arrest by reading TMZ), who said, "We didn't feel it was appropriate for her to speak under the circumstances."

Who knew that Thin Mints and the munchies don't get along?

chris

C'mon Girl Scouts! I hear they have a new marijuana-brownie cookie coming to a neighborhood near you in California! Just think marijuana cookies will drive those sells like mad! I feel that Dawn Wells should be the spokesperson for the new Girl Scout Cookie line! Sign me up for a few cases!

wasted days and wasted nights

The Girl Scouts are mishandling this one. I would imagine that Dawn is contrite and embarrassed, and she could do a world of good for the Girl Scouts with her renewed notariety and a sober reminder to all to not mix ANYTHING with driving. Don't drive impaired, period. And eat lots of Girl Scout cookies. Holly Policy should take a three-hour tour and get a renewed perspective.

niles

As a representative of former Girl Scout cookie eaters, I still love you Mary Ann!

Doctor Harvard.

I used to be a girl scout, now I'm a successful Doctor who smokes weed. HA!

Joy

And people really don't know this has happened for YEARS? That when Bob Denver was alive, he received "packages" at his home in WV that were allegedly from HER? Come on.... This is old news.

Winky Vitalic

Hey Doc UCLA - you are a stereotypical American - anyone who DARES say ANYTHING negative about know-it-all Americans like YOU are immediately idiots. No wonder your pal GWB has most of the world hating Americans. Thank GOD I live in Amsterdam (now on holiday in Montreal). Get over the pot phobia, idiot boy and try some - you sound like you need to mellow out!

Go Canada!

3kids

AS IF they dont smoke weed during their Girl Scout meetings--HELLOOOOOOOOO

Blonde2TheBone

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful trip
That started from this tropic port
Aboard this tiny ship.

So far... not a very good trip I would say.

Debi Medina

Nothing about this article bothers me.. except for one thing...HOLLY POLICY ?????? Oh I'm getting a visual... OH NO!!!! STOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

X-Girl Scout Leader

I'm so very disgusted at the moral stupidity of Holly Policy! What an idiot! Hello... take a negative and construct a positive! What do Girl Scouts stand for?????? This is an opportunity to teach a lesson, enlighten girls what others are capable of and to always be on guard. Dawn Wells should be allowed to use this incident as a tool in her speech! WHY ! Should she be the one damaged by her allowing a friend to borrow her car. Holly Policy wake up! You sicken me with your irritating lack of right from wrong.

Trophy wife Slim and Trim!!!!

She looks great... I am curious how she and her friend managed to get off the island...

me

Scarlet O...

Hate to break the news to you, but there are lots of us that don't really care to live in the USA and aren't at all jealous of you. I presume you haven't travelled. I'm from Australia, and if you've ever been there, you'd understand why we don't care to live in your country. Actually, I think many Americans are jealous that we get to live in a great country with a great climate and laid back attitude, and friendly people in Australia. Come on down under mate and open up your eyes to the rest of the world.

I'm in Canada at the moment too, which is also a very laid back great place to live, and there are lots more Americans trying to move to Canada than the other way around (statistically) which is not at all surprising. Hopefully Hillary or Obama can clean up GWB's mess, because what the others say is true, I've travelled alot and can assure you Americans are not popular at the moment, and in fact many try to pass themselves off as Canadians by putting Canadian flags on their backpacks etc.

me

And i should add, I don't hate Americans, in fact I like most Americans I meet. I think GWB has given them a bad name though and I'd like to see that improve for you guys.

Trophy wife Slim and Trim!!!!

Did Maryann from Gilligan's Island Have LBJ's love child?

Kelli

Are you sure thats all Jaime? lol America is great. I totally agree about GWB. Not sure if I see a change coming or not but I cant stand politicians or political talk.

I was a Camp Fire Girl myself.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments