Girl Scouts Leave Mary Ann Stranded

3/15/2008 12:56 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dawn Wells' arrest for pot possession is no laughing matter -- the "Gilligan's Island" star has been dropped from speaking at a Girl Scout event in Palm Beach because of it!

Although a third party claimed responsibility for the marijuana, the Girl Scouts of the Palm Glades Council have nixed Dawn from speaking at their April 5 luncheon in Palm Beach. TMZ spoke with Holly Policy, a Scout spokesperson (who found out about Dawn's arrest by reading TMZ), who said, "We didn't feel it was appropriate for her to speak under the circumstances."

Who knew that Thin Mints and the munchies don't get along?

Oh boy

30. And i should add, I don't hate Americans, in fact I like most Americans I meet. I think GWB has given them a bad name though and I'd like to see that improve for you guys.

Posted at 1:07PM on Mar 15th 2008 by Jamie is greedy, greedy, greedy

Thank you for that! I am one of the few that did not vote for bush and am so saddened by what he has done to this once great country.

Personally, I adore Europeans and Australians! They ROCK!!!!

stefano

This is what "Political Correctness" is all about. Pot is bad. Mary Ann/Dawn wasn't even convicted of having ANY pot but the mere mention of it means she's "not good enough."

We're behind you 100% Dawn. The Girl Scouts don't deserve you if they act like this!

valweezy

i want to buy my brownies from her :]

Area 51

This story, which should never have seen the light of day to begin with, is getting totally ridiculous. From all I can gather, Dawn Wells is one of the nicest people you would ever care to meet. If this, at the age of 69, is her biggest slip-up in life, then the Girl Scouts would be lucky to have her speak.

mja21

To hell with the Girl Scouts for treating Mary Ann like this. I'm never buying another Girl Scout cookie again!!!!

Blonde2TheBone

Greedy,

I appreciate what you have to say, but you will find many American's like myself, that no matter what others say about us.... we are Family. We are American's and we will stick up for our Nation.

I have NO need to travel abroad, although, I travel a great deal. I have EVERYTHING that I desire here in these States. And nothing, and I mean, NOTHING that you are any one else will say could or will hurt or sway my allegiance towards this, my country.

I could care the least that others HATE us. "Hate" only destroys the one that is feeling the "hatred in their hearts." It has absolutely no effect on me. So, who looses? Certainly not us... US = United States.

My point and question is “why do outsiders come to an American site and insult us?”

I borrow from Lee Greenwood:

I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.
And I’m proud to be and American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

Blonde2TheBone

If there are other insults, etc. directed at me, or my country, please know that my silence doesn't mean that you have won anything. I am leaving the building, because I do have a life. end of story.

me

Scarlet O...if you love America, then hopefully you also value freedom of speech. It may be an American site, but it doesn't mean it's owned by your country when it is out there on the WORLD WIDE WEB...it is meant to be, and is, broadcast worldwide, for all to read, and all to participate in.

And people are free to criticize your governments polices re the war on drugs, war on terrorism etc and I think it's good that they do. Do you think those opinions ought to be supressed or otherwise kept from appearing on the world wide web because they somehow insult you or your president? It's good you love your country, I love mine too. But I couldn't stand our last prime minister and just because something is law or policy in Australia doesn't mean I agree with it, and I certainly wouldn't try to stop others from speaking against some of Australian govt policy. Free speech is good and healthy for all. You shouldn't take it so personally. Because people oppose the War in Iraq or the War on Drugs, doesn't mean they hate all Americans. And it is well known that Bush only got in by the skin of his teeth, particularly against Gore, so many of your own country men also don't agree with GWB.

Anyhow, don't take this personally Scarlett O, but the Girl Scout's made a crazy decision here. But not nearly as dumb as the dorky cop who must feel like a super hero for busing a 69 year old lady for a few roaches in her car....way to fight crime mate. jeez, if you hadn't busted her she might have done something really crazy like eat a tub of ice cream, and we can't have that happening.

me

Ooopsss..."busting" not "busing"

Boycott Canadian Seafood

Canada supports the clubbing of baby seals,. Until those barbaric idiots stop doing that and learn a little humanity, I'm not setting foot in that country.

Scott

Foolish pride and arrogance, a real American should be proud of themself, not America.America itself has many problems as a whole it is your actions that make America ,America, many people on a mouse treadmill going around in circles it seems.Sounds like dawn made up a story but probably doesnt deserve this but sometimes things happen for a reason.Who knows?I do

me

Boycott Canadian Seafood...good for you, I disagree with what they do to the seals too and it's nice to see people take a stand. I don't know that you can blame the "seafood industry" though, I don't think they have anything to do with it, I think the value is in their fur for the garment industry??

And I don't mind if you boycott Australia for the way it treats child and other refugee status seekers (which hopefully is about to improve with our new PM)...I don't agree with that policy either. I don't blindly support my govt and all the decisions it makes, nor would I want anyone to do that.

And to all police who are proud of busting 69 year old women with minute quantities of pot, I don't agree with you either...try fighting real crime and cleaning up the problems all the people out drinking too much are causing.

Mariah

Jamie: A friend of mine and I went to London a year ago and almost did look into finding a maple leaf to where on our lapel or purses. LOL. It turned out we didn't need it. Londoners treated us very well as I am sure most people would in other countries, too. I can't tell you how many times we had to ask a random person walking down the street for directions somewhere and they happily obliged. I don't think any person with a reasonable brain hates ALL Americans nor do I think all Americans are afraid of other countries.

That's like how people think that just because some of us haven't liked French policies, that we should "Boycott the French". That's stupid, too. Just because I may not like French foreign policy, does not mean I dislike the whole of France. I wish people could differentiate between what governments do and what their citizens do.

Jewels

I'm no longer buying Girl Scout cookies to munch on when I'm stoned!!!!

Jewels

Scarlet O, you're a moron!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments