Kristy Lee Cook's Twang Out in Dallas

3/15/2008 9:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

On March 19, 2004, "American Idol's" current hanger-on, Kristy Lee Cook, sang "The Star-Spangled Banner" before a Dallas Mavericks basketball game.

Good thing she didn't butcher the national anthem like she did "Eight Days a Week."

Go Away Paris......You are a SKANK

You are so hot!
Come and twang my thang anytime you want!

Call me!

Liz

I was at the game last night and she did a GREAT job! Very difficult song to sing.

Jaxon

Hey, she may have sucked on Idol but she nailed the anthem. That song is so hard to sing and you have to have a big range to make the high notes but she did it. Just goes to show how important it is to pick a song that goes with your voice. So far she hasn't had a song that shows her talent off.

Liz

Well, that didn't sound right....................not enough coffee yet. When I heard her sing at that game, she was great!

Blake

That's an old video.

Steve Nash hasn't been with the Mavericks in the last couple years

JoJO

Actually, I personally think she sings pretty good, and as for butchering the song 'Eight Days A Week',
is a ridiculous assumption....considering that they are instructed to put into every song their own
artistic slant, but then get bashed for doing so. I love most Beatle songs the original way too, but
Simon and the other judges tell them not to 'copycat' the sound. I WISH THEY WOULD MAKE UP
THEIR FRIGGIN MIND!

I can tell you one thing, this girl can sing A LOT BETTER THEN THAT AMANDA CHIC!!!!...you know, the
one with a monotone, bullfrog voice, yet still has not gotten booted off the show!

JoJO

EXCELLANT JOB on singing the National Anthem! KUDOS
to her!!! She almost sounds like LeAnn Rimes singing it....very well done.

Very hard song to sing too. If she gets booted off American Idol before Amanda
does, then I know something is definately wrong!

Kelli

Ok, whos wrong here Dallas or Blake? :)

Me in DC

She didn't butcher 8 DAYS A WEEK. She put another twist on it, and it was actually good! It was country style, what's the big deal?

anon

Off key by a half-note in three places.

DJ

I actually loved Kristy Lee Cook's take on the Beatles' "Eight Days a Week"!!! It was pure country, made ya wanna tap your feet or get up and dance. I bet that Ringo, who has put out country recordings of his own, would love it too. It was a great country version of a fun song and she was simply following the judges suggestions. Just cuz you may not like country doesn't mean it sucked! It was right up there with good toe tappin ' tunes like Boot Scootin Boogie. Country music is a unique North American genre and sells millions of records a year and those who lift their noses at it are simply snobs and elitists!

Music Lover

Kristy is a failed season performer that still doesn't know how to dress herself or stand like a woman. Her singing doesn't help her either. You would think after all the record deals and years of headlining that she would be apt to pick better songs. And what's with the dog story interview she gave...I mean come she drank out of dog bowels and her parents let her!! Weird...AI is a public voting SCAM! Another hack job singing promoted by American Idol!

simoncowell

Steve Nash looked bored out of his mind. This song was so drawn out I dozed off in the middle.

Jaxon

Actually I don't blame her for the Eight Days A Week nightmare. Beatles songs are unique and should not be sung by anyone except the Beatles. Everyone else just sounds like crap at it. Not one Idol contestant sounded good singing a Beatles song. Just can't be done. I cringed through all of it.

Alice

That country rendidtion was horrid. She needed to go. BTW, is any of you in the last 2 game this season?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments