2Pac's Shooting: Diddy Didn't Do It

3/17/2008 1:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sean "Diddy" Combs and James "Jimmy Henchman" Rosemond are furious over an L.A. Times article today that implicated them in the 1994 shooting of 2Pac.
Tupac, Diddy
The shooting -- which occurred at Quad Recording Studios in N.Y., two years before his "death" -- has never been solved and no charges have ever been filed. But an L.A. Times report out today claims the FBI has received new information that ties the shooting to two associates of Diddy: Rosemond and promoter James Sabatino.

In a statement, Diddy says, "This story is a lie. It is beyond ridiculous and is completely false. Neither Biggie nor I had any knowledge of any attack before, during, or after it happened. It is a complete lie to suggest that there was any involvement by Biggie or myself. I am shocked that the Los Angeles Times would be so irresponsible as to publish such a baseless and completely untrue story."

Sabatino is currently in prison for unrelated crimes, but Rosemond says he has never been questioned by police over the shooting. Rosemond attacks the writer of the article, Chuck Philips, by saying he "has reached a new low by employing fourth-hand information from desperate jailhouse informants along with ancient FBI reports to create this fabrication." Philips has been covering the 2Pac shooting and his eventual murder for years, but told AllHipHop.com this weekend, "I don't believe that Biggie and Puffy set Tupac up [to be shot]."

Rosemond added that he is "currently consulting with my attorneys about my legal rights regarding this libelous piece of garbage."

2Pac had long-claimed that Diddy and Notorious B.I.G. were involved in the shooting.

MACCAPONE

MYSPACE.COM/MACCPAONE1

MACCAPONE

MY BAD WRONG ONE HERE THE RIGHT ONE.....

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/MACCAPONE1

Edumacated

I am not really a fan of rap or hip hop, but I can honestly say that I believe Tupac was a true poet (and only beginning to reveal his talent). It saddens me that he is gone while an egomaniacal, talentless, thieving famewhore like Sean Combs
continues to flourish. What on earth does that say about our society?

He's Boring now

Edumucated:

Thank you Thank you Thank you for someone finally providing the "down low" list. Wow, what a list of charachters---talk about a double standard and Eliot Spitzer like hypocrites....whew, all those guys pushing the macho lady loving theme when all along they are wanting nothing more than to be with their man and boy friends.

Phoney Baloneys, every one of them. Oprah needs to do a follow up on her Original down low show and have some of these "men" on as guests who personally participate in it.

Pass this list around, we all need to know this kind of stuff

EMK

I have never been able to truly appreciate any of p. diddy's music due to extensive research as an outcome of despair I had grieving Tupac as a teenager. I covered the gangs from the the east and the west in previous months before the shooting occured. I Believe Diddy is responsible for Tupac, not Biggie. As the storie goes, Biggie and Diddys gang killed Tupac and then the other coast gang retaliated against the Westside gang by going after Biggie. As a result, Diddy used the publicity from his best friends death to make millions (Cause we all know if you have enough money, you can get away with anything) and clean up his act while sweeping all the gang violence under the carpet. Now that Diddy is what some people with idiotic ideals call a (Mogul) he has nothing in the world to worry about except where to spend his bloodmoney.

Jive

Jive

TUPAC LIVES!

See mah website, just add da dot c0m.

ROK DOC

EVERYONE KNOWS PUFF AND B.I.G HAD VERYTHINGTO DO WITH IT. BUT WHAT GO'S AROUND COMES AROUND ASK B.I.G THATS RIGHT YOU CANT HA! HA! HA!!!!!!!!!

Witness

Diddy is going down huh....... Well yeah he deserves it TMZ

%@$

Read Biggie's mother's book. Diddy has been shady for awhile. He was responsible for busting-up Biggie and Tupac's friendship, and ended up betraying him in the end. Big's mom had always told him to be careful. The only reason she isn't saying more, is because Diddy takes care of her. I also believe he sends Faith Evans some money on the regular, and that he will continue to take care of Shyne for taking the fall for him. I do not honestly believe that Tupac is deceased. The whole Makaveli album thing was his way of saying that he knew he had to get lost somewhere, or he would be murdered for sure. I am not buying the quickie cremation or burial or whatever the final version was. Too much of a coincidence, and too much "previously recorded" tracks that had not been laid down for way too many years. All of the stories sound just too fishy. I may be wrong, and hope I'm not offending anyone, but Pac is alive and well somewhere, I feel it. I do believe that Big is truly gone, though. I am also in agreement that Puff was not the devoted friend. I do not think that Diddy would have continued to be satisfied in a secondary role, even though he is an awesome producer. He wanted the SPOTLIGHT, and got it by any means necessary. I personally know people like that, and have been shocked to see the depths that they have sunken to, and the people they were willing to hurt along the way. Diddy will fall eventually, and TUPAC lives... Just an opinion

Granny Pants

Puffy only shoots girls doesn't he?

TMZFAN

My god, are you all retards?

Tupac was shot in 1994 (THE FIRST TIME), and survived. It was this reason that made him fall out with Biggie and Puffy in the first place. The one shooting that started the massive eastcoast versus westcoast feud to an entirely different level. For all of you that think this article is about the second shooting (his murder) then you are two things:

a) complete idiots that are commenting on something you know nothing about
b) incapable of reading

This news isn't "new", infact the last two years of Tupacs life it was all he would talk about, how biggie and puffy set him up, and that he wanted revenge because they are cowards. Its what the song 'hit em up' was about, the most famous diss song in rap. Everyone with the slightest bit of knowledge on the subject should know this story already.

Whats "new" is that for the first time they can evidence proving that Tupac was telling the truth the entire time.

fox

Diddy is credible

Cal Jordan

The title of this article is misleading, as if it's a fact that they weren't involved. Anybody who's studied the Quad Studio Shooting case can see that there's a lot more evidence pointing towards Diddy and Rosemond than evidence pointing away from them. I don't know how they deny all that evidence, and the FBI seems to think they were involved as well.

Frosto

Puff is a mutha***** lier he knew that henchmen hired dexter issac that year. matter fact this whole time ur telling me that he kept his mouth closed. 2pac is tha real deal not that fake ass suppose to be gangsta ass ***** puff. i will never buy that garbage that he makes nor anybody in Houston Texas. The truth will come out i promise and when i does its gonna be "Puf****ainst Tha World" cause there gonna kill him (no threats),but thats how this country works.Henchman U Too R.I.P TUPAC FROST

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments