Maria Shriver's HUGE Payday for Doing Nothin'

3/17/2008 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Maria ShriverMaria Shriver got paid a fortune by NBC over the last three years -- even though she worked exactly once for the network since 2004.

According to "statements of economic interest" filed in Cal-ee-for-nia, NBC shelled out "between $100,000 and $1 million," the L.A. Times reports, in each of the last three years, as part of an "exit agreement. " The network was uncomfortable about Mrs. Schwarzenegger reporting news while Arnold served as Governor and took her off "Dateline NBC" back in February 2004.

NBC felt there was a conflict of interest because she became first lady of Calif. -- so what's the deal with the sweetheart arrangement? Interesting.

Maria's chief of staff, Daniel Zingale, confirmed the payments to the Times, though he didn't indicate what her total windfall was. NBC was mum.

ChangeTMZ

What is going on with the Nicole Kidman news??? China daily actually posted the news of the bodyguard attack on a pap chasing him around 6am est. - non of the so called celebrity news sites have any story what so ever. Afraid of drawing to much attention to your pathetic and dangerous practices in getting these photos, clip, and story's???

Angiebaby

HELLO, HELLO... NBC... ANYBODY THERE? I can do this job. This is my dream job! I mean... if you want to pay a gal between $100k and $1M for doing nothing, no one can do nothing better than me! I have a plethora of personal and professional references who can attest to my level of experience with this qualifying job requirement. Did I mention this is my dream job? I'm getting on in years and there's talk of Social Security going broke. And, well, you know... Obama or Hillary may be on their way in, so.... And the SSA keeps sending me letters not to worry about the system bailing out, because if I don't get my ass back to work, I won't be eligible for SS benefits anyway. But working together (or actually you doing the work and me doing nothing), we can contribute to the nation's security, as well as my own. And you will have another stellar employee quite capable of doing nothing for big bucks! On a last note, I would like to mention this is my dream job! I will be watching TMZ for your response and resume instructions!!!

Connie

Severance pay, big deal.

babwa

Since when is "100,000 - 1 million dollars" a FORTUNE, especially by Hollywood standards?

jb

it was the buy-out of her contract, of course.

My goodness she's scary looking

Can you imagine what a child between Marc Anthony and Maria Shriver would look like? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

LongJohn69

Bury this woman, already. She no longer even makes for an attractive corpse. Arnie truly needs to "pump her up" because she looks absolutely terrible. Maybe too much pumping of the sexual kind has caused this energy deficient look of hers. In a short while she'll be qualified to be part of the "Body Works" exhibit that is traveling the country. Hey lady, eat a donut already.

Hugomania

I don't get it. They couldn't give her stories to report on besides hAh-nold or the West Coast? Geesh!

steveforbertfan

The rich get richer ---and the poor have babies!

Joe

Just another obscene cash grab by an extended family that has no problem cutting thousands of teaching jobs, justifing millions in sweetheart bribes, and then telling the public how to vote.

Me in DC

They bought out her contract? What is so unusual about that?

Meowch

Skeletorette.

Mik

Love is Blind! Good thing for Arnie

I laugh at other's misfortunes

The Kennedy Curse. The men get bullets in the head. The woman get ugly with age.

dean

Sge always got paid for doing nothing.Maria is one of the worst on air people ever.On top of that she is one ugly broad.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments