Gary to Garner: My Bad!

3/18/2008 3:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gary Busey has apologized for his whacked-out, caught on live TV embrace of actress Jennifer Garner on the Oscar red carpet last month.

In a statement from his rep, Busey says "I meant no disrespect to Ms. Jennifer Garner when I met her at the Oscars and apologize if I made her uncomfortable."

Apparently he didn't realize that she was being interviewed by Ryan Seacrest live on the air (um OK). He says that by the time he realized she was was being interviewed, he tried to step away but "suddenly Ryan introduced her to me." Blame Seacrest!

"I simply greeted both actresses with joy and open arms, which is the way I would greet anyone I'm happy to meet," Busey said. "Everyone has experienced a handshake or hug which has turned awkward, and this was no different."

Tangie

Oh he just gave her a hug...she is a prude and stupid, anyway.

richard pierce

This guy is several quarts short of a gallon.

duh

I agree w/Me, I think she came across as way b#$chy the way she responded.

Makenna

She trapped her husband and has the nerve to act like an innocent prude.

wasted days and wasted nights

I concur, she kinda threw Gary under the bus with that 'holier than thou' reaction.

Shea

Everybody knows that Gary Busey is crazy - ever since he took that "header" off his motorcycle. I'm surprised Jennifer Garner and Laura Linney didn't scream "Security!" Unfortunately for him, this entire thing isn't enough to get him off the "D-List."

Lori

I don't think she overreacted at all! He was freaky! It made me uncomfortable and I was only watching! How would you like it if a total stranger came up and kissed you on the neck?

karencarpenter

it did look a little wackey..

More important!

Someone needs to shove Jennifer off her little pedestal. The guy was just trying to be friendly.

Liz

Gary Busey is very much the flirt! In '93 I was Marketing Director for several clubs in Dallas. One weekend, we were unveiling bust of several artist and one was Buddy Holly. Gary Busey was flown in for this event along with all his DRAMA! The Crickets were playing and Gary insisted on singing with them...............the Crickets didn't want any part of it. So, I stepped forward and it was agreed that Gary would sing one song only with the Crickets. When I was escorting Gary and his girlfriend (at the time) to there limo, something came over Gary and with one fell swope his hand went down the back of my jeans with his hand landing on my touche!!!!! I stopped dead in my tracks and said, "excuse me"! He laughed and apologized leaned forward and whispered in my ear, "great ass"! Everyday for the next week, I received flowers from Gary with a note saying "The truth will set you free"! When I saw Gary on the Academy Awards show I just died laughing and thought well, he is at it again! I don't think he means any harm, he just needs some class!!!!!!!!

pls

she way over reacted and I dont think he meant to kiss her on the neck its the way she moved like he had something catchy. I cant stand her now after seeing that what a *itch she was probebly the type in school that got off on making people feel bad. I wont watch anything with her in it who does she think she is.

Debi372

Gary's a little quirky ... but come on!! He was just having fun on the red carpet ... Jennifer needs to lighten up. He gave her a hug and a peck of a kiss ... it's not like he groped her! No apology was necessary ...

smartypants

I don't believe you dallas. Even if it's true, you were just panting to tell you "star" story. Get over yourslef, he probably thought you were a boy.

Kelli

Funny story D! I saw him get on stage with John Mellencamp a few years ago and he played the harmonica. He was only being himself and Garner didn't know how to take him.

D, can you believe the flooding today? Need a boat to get out!

Cammie

An addict who doesn't know his boundaries....

Where was/is her "knight in shining armour" when she walks these important Red Carpet events? I find Ben Affleck's public social behavior towards his beautiful wife appalling!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments