Gary to Garner: My Bad!

3/18/2008 3:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gary Busey has apologized for his whacked-out, caught on live TV embrace of actress Jennifer Garner on the Oscar red carpet last month.

In a statement from his rep, Busey says "I meant no disrespect to Ms. Jennifer Garner when I met her at the Oscars and apologize if I made her uncomfortable."

Apparently he didn't realize that she was being interviewed by Ryan Seacrest live on the air (um OK). He says that by the time he realized she was was being interviewed, he tried to step away but "suddenly Ryan introduced her to me." Blame Seacrest!

"I simply greeted both actresses with joy and open arms, which is the way I would greet anyone I'm happy to meet," Busey said. "Everyone has experienced a handshake or hug which has turned awkward, and this was no different."

it takes a molester

Hey Jennifer Garner what would you have done if you had been that lady in that other country who was hugged and kissed by Richard Gere? Remember their reaction. I also remember how Scarlett Johansson reacted when one of the interviewers on the Red Carpet several years back said something to her like " Are those real?" He then proceded to grab a handful of one of her top assets to make sure and Miss Scarlet just smiled and didn't even bat an eyelash like it was an everyday occurrence. Oh don't forget Diana Ross grabbing a handful of I believe Little Kim's ample bosom. I could keep going but you really over reacted. Ben probably laughed it off and said that's Gary Busey being himself.

oscar

I sort of think Jennifer Garner overreacted and tried to come across as this prude and innocent delicate flower which she isn't.

oscar

28. If I were Jennifer, I would be more concerned about where Ben is.

Posted at 4:43PM on Mar 18th 2008 by sheri11

I agree...somehow I just don't think he is that into her!

Tangie

Ben and Jen had a shotgun wedding. Right before they met, he was cheating on Jennifer Lopez with some stripper or somethin. He is not into her at all, you can plainly see.

Matt

so, apparently, this is what Gary was thinking that night...

Alexa

Thanks Matt, I didn't realize that he had hugged Laura Linney before he hugged Jennifer.

hater

Busey is a whack job!!!! BRING BACK " I'M WITH BUSEY" !!!! That show was great!!!

Raella

Jennifer acts like a shocked prima donna....does she not know her husband has a thing for strippers? Gary was just trying to be nice. Give an old guy a break & get off your high horse.

As for Ryan.....been tired of his smart insulting mouth for a long time.

Dan K

Ryan Seacrest and Jennifer Garner clearly overreacted. Jennifer, your husband did a video protraying himself as actively having sex with Jimmy Kimmel, but "that man" freaked you out? WhatEVER.

Gary was outgoing. So what. Everyone on that red carpet is whoring themselves out, but you want to nail Gary Busey to a cross for being outgoing?

Ryan managed to escalate things rather than reduce them. Weak interviewer skills. Basic to training with him.

FireEmAll

oh please. Busey did nothing wrong - the media turned it into a scandal, not the two of them. It was an innocent, awkward moment. Get on with your lives.

rachel

WHAT A NO TALENT FUGLY PIECE OF CRAP SHE IS!!! SHE SHOULD BE CONCENTRATING ON HER HUBBY, I'M SURE HE HAS LOTS OF LADIES ON THE SIDE!!! LOL I KNOW ONE FOR A FACT IN BOSTON!!! MY HOMETOWN!!! LOL

Su

Gimme a break! Gary Busey is a freakin legend, and Jennifer Garner is obviously a stuck up snob! I'm sure Ol' Ben wouldn't have reacted in the same way. Honestly, given all her really bad movies, this was probably the highlight of her career!

ria

Byotch needs to get over herself, especially when she became A-list because of Ben because she trapped him. I mean what makes her think that he would have preferred to marry her rather than Jlo, I bet if Jlo would have gotten pregnant we know who he would have been married to. He looks miserable in this marriage, but karma is a byotch!

fathead

GARY BUSEY WAS IN AN ACCIDENT THAT CAUSED MAJOR DAMAGE TO HIS BRAIN A FEW YEARS AGO...
HE HAS NOT BEEN THE SAME SINCE. BUT THE FACT THAT HE IS TRULY MENTALLY HANDICAPPED NOW DOESN'T OVERSHADOW THE FACT THAT HE HAD PLAYED SOME AMAZING ROLES BEFORE HIS ACCIDENT.

"35. I said it before and I'll say it again. No matter what you think about Garner, she should have turned around and given Busey a greeting of a knee in the groin. He surely was coked up, drunk, or just plain deranged, but he had no right to put his hands AND HIS FREAKIN SLOBBERING MOUTH on anyone ... TWICE!!

If that were me I would have planted my knee in his groin so he got up close and personal with the red carpet (where everyone was ignoring him, by the way), THEN I would have planted my lovely right foot with it's pretty little Jimmy Choo stiletto on his neck so his eyes would bulge and when he started to beg I would have explained to him that if he EVER touched me again without my permission I would turn his nuts into bags of Jello.

But you all know I would love that...

Posted at 5:15PM on Mar 18th 2008 by Your S/M Girlfriend"

I WOULD HATE TO BRING YOU TO AN INTENSIVE CARE UNIT OR PSYCHOLOGICAL INSTITUTION - YOU'D PROBABLY END UP TRYING TO ABUSE ALL THE PATIENTS IF THEY MERELY TRIED TO GIVE YOU A HUG.

TMZ - YOU GUYS NEED TO REPORT ABOUT THE FACT THAT HE IS SOMEWHAT MENTALLY HANDICAPPED DUE TO HIS ACCIDENT YEARS AGO. AND MENTION THAT THE WAY THE MEDIA PORTRAYED HIS GREETING TO GARNER AND LINNEY WAS EXAGERRATED AND UNFAIR TO BUSEY. THE WAY BUSEY HAS BEEN TREATED BY HIS FELLOW ACTORS, SEACREST, AND THE MEDIA AT LARGE PROVES OUR COUNTRIES LACK OF SYMPATHY FOR THE MENTALLY HANDICAPPED. IT IS HURTFUL TO ME PERSONALLY THAT PEOPLE DON'T CARE TO RESPECT THE HANDICAPPED (ALTHOUGH I'M NOT IN THE SAME POSITION AS BUSEY) AND IM SURE AS WELL IT HURTS ANYONE ELSE WHO SUFFERS MENTAL CONDITIONS DUE TO A TRAGIC ACCIDENT THEY LIVED THROUGH.

GROW UP.

What's the big deal!

What's the big deal! Mr Busey was just trying to be friendly.Even through he has had some issues. I don't believe he meant any harm to Miss Garner. Can't we all just get along!!!!! I personaly rather read your hear something about Miss Garner and Mr Alleck they always appear positive. I think the two of them make a cute couple. As for all of the personal attacks on both of the party's , what is the purpose of that. These people are trying to make a living like everyone else and as a society it seems all we care about is , were they eat, who there messing with,what party there invitied to and all the stupied s--t they do. it's rear to ever find anything positive,

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments