OMG! What is Wrong With Her Face?!?!

3/18/2008 12:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Poor Amy Winehouse has got a lot on her mind. She has that filthy husband in the clink and that whole sobriety thing to deal with. But she's also got a lot on her face.

The hot mess of a singer is still battling her latest demon -- a bad case of impetigo, a contagious skin infection that has exploded all over her face.

Larry

Here's a question: If you looked like that, and the entire world watched your every move, would you go out and let the world see how degraded you've allowed yourself to become? Whether it's from filth, drugs, or HIV, this woman has no regard for others, since it is contagious if it's impetigo, and no pride in herself as a human being. Talent or not, she is one f'ed up individual. Addictions I understand, not giving a damn about the welfare of others, I don't. She is toxic and should stay home and heal, or go into a 6 month rehab.

Black Teef

I'd wreck that ass.

zoso

Here parents have to be going out of their minds with worry.

Jenny

If you're taking your medicine right, impetigo should go away in a about a week or so. How long have we been hearing about this now?

LOUIS HH GONZALEZ

Impetigo, a contagious skin infection that usually produces blisters or sores on the face and hands, is one of the most common skin infections among kids.

It is generally caused by one of two bacteria: group A streptococcus or staphylococcus aureus. Impetigo usually affects preschool and school-age children, especially in the summer months. A child may be more likely to develop impetigo if the skin has already been irritated or injured by other skin problems, such as eczema, poison ivy, insect bites, or a skin allergy to soap or makeup.

Good hygiene can help prevent impetigo, which often develops when there is a sore or a rash that has been scratched repetitively (for example, poison ivy can get infected and turn into impetigo). Impetigo is typically treated with antibiotics.

del

The weeping nasty lesions from MRSA are common among IV drug users.

Joyce

Drugs,,,,Drugs.....Drugs......Givem up!!

Cj

She is so NASTY!!!!

sickofperverts

My advice to her is to find something else she can stick in or on her face! At the rate she is going we won't have to see her ugly face much longer,,it will soon erode itself away! She is a certifiable idiot!

del

It's not Impetigo, It's MRSA. MRSA is rampant among IV drug users, who often lose limbs to it as it is so difficult to cure in those with compromised immune systems. It's also highly contagious and is often transmitted to healthy people in jails and hospitals. It is an absolute plague in jails right now, where it's very hard to keep the weeping sores from weeping all over others. In hospitals doctors who don't wear gloves and healthworkers who don't change their ties, jackets, gloves, etc. pass it frequently to post surgical patients, sometimes with fatal results. There's plenty of info on MRSA, and it's relation to drug use and threat to the non-infected community, online. People who use crystal meth are five times more likely to develop an antibiotic resistant staph skin infection (MRSA) than non users.

Tamie

My son had impetigo and it went away in a few days. What the heck is wrong with her that it won't go away! Nasty!!!

SwordsWoman

I had the same thing happen to me back in the 80's when I was still using coke and heroin...I ended up in the hospital for a week on heavy duty antibiotics...And I think that's what Amy needs to do...NOW!!! All I can think of is this: I'm glad it's not me! (Is that a crappy thing to think???)

Michelle LL

And on top of that she's a cutter. She's literally falling apart.

Cynic

OMG, I am a HUGE fan of Amy's, but that is way beyond worrisome. Those look like completely out-of-control crank sores at the very least....and at the very worst? I shudder to think about it. Listen, Amy, GET YOURSELF SOME HELP, NOW!

tiredofidiots

be kind....don't judge others...you never know what they are going through and someday Karma will run your tail over, then reverse and run you over again....if you haven't hit bottom in your life yet then just hold on...your crappy day will come too...