Shia LaBeouf -- Wanted Man!

3/18/2008 6:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've learned a warrant has been issued for the arrest of Shia LaBeouf.

LaBeouf received a ticket February 18 in Burbank for unlawful smoking, a misdemeanor. He was supposed to appear in court at 8:30 AM, but neither he nor a lawyer showed -- so a $1,000 bench warrant was issued for Shia's arrest.

Shia was allegedly smoking on the sidewalk outside a shop called Skyblupink, a gift shop, when cops cited him.

We're waiting to hear back from Shia's rep.

Story developing ...

DBL

Lana

I hate having to deal with the smoke and I think it is really inconsiderate of people to smoke in public places. However, outside of restaurants and public places I think you should be able to do as you please because the smoke is less bothersome. I'm sad that Shia is in trouble again. I figured it would be a one time thing since he said the thing at Walgreens was really embarassing :(

toomanydoggies

Lung cancer is cool. Wow, some dude no one haver ever heard of smokes. Dumbass.

I'll rent the DVD when it's done

WOW, the war in Iraq is over? We've won the war on terrorism? The U.S is crime free? We're out of a recession? If not, let's put government resources to good use, not on something as assinine as this. He wasn't lighting up in a dry forest preserve for pete's sake.

Lucy

Just you wait all the non smoking fat people out there. The law is coming. It will be against the law to serve you in a fast food restaurant because the government thinks you're too frickin fat! I'm serious. Check it out. Oh, and by the way, Hitler make smoking against the law. Check it out.

mapmap

Smoking...a misdemeanor? wfh!!!
He's so bad a**
I love that guy!

shia=the best

wow. i wouldn't have shown up for court either.
people are being killed and robbed and cops choose to give someone a ticket for smoking..
i'm amazed

Lucy

Cj

And of course there are no rapist,murderers,drug dealers,or child molesters that the police could be getting off the street instead they need to waste time and tax payers dollars by ticketing smokers? You have got to be kidding me!

pmc

Ok, I don't understand the law in California, apparently.

I understand that you cannot smoke inside public places. But are you honestly telling me that you cannot smoke outside, either?

I'm not a smoker so it usually does not affect me. But this is bizarre; If you can't smoke inside, and you can't smoke outside . . . WTF???

Joeythecatfish

Sue the city for writing this ordinance. Its time the Law need's to be taught a lesson. If the cops have so much time to chase this dangerous smoker then mabye they have to much funding and need to have it cut?

mikayla

i love him! hes perfect and he shouldnt have anything held against his sexyness

applestar

Yeah, this is pretty ridiculous, but I also want to say that people should just lay off smokers. My grandfather was a chain smoker and he died from a heartattack in his /70's/, which I believe is a pretty damn long life. So yeah, go find something else to bitch about.

annie

HE WAS SMOKING OUTSIDE ? WTF ? NOW IF HE INSISTED ON SMOKING IN THE SHOP...I COULD SEE THATBEING AN OFFENSE. WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL ABOUT SMOKING OUTDOORS ? IS THIS STORY FOR REAL ?

annie

71. Ok, so I just read the Burbank CA law that says you cannot smoke outside on the sidewalk. I don't smoke and even I think that's just overkill to the nth degree! If they want to have laws like that then why stop there? Why not some laws to prevent fat people from eating? Why not laws to prevent sunbathers and the skin damage cancers from the sun? How about one to prohibit the driving of motorcycles because of the possiblity of wrapping yourself around a telephone pole? Skydiving ?...forgetaboutit! Deep sea diving? No way!

HEY THAT'S ALL NEXT ! IF YOU DON'T THINK THE GOVERNMENT IS CRAZY, IT'S CALLED SOMETHING LIKE "INFORMATION MINING" OR "BACKGROUND MINING". SOON, AN EMPLOYER WILL KNOW IF YOU HAVE HAD TO USE XANAX FOR INSTANCE. ANY MENTAL STRESS ON RECORD, HEY MAYBE NO JOB FOR YOU. THAT SORT OF THING.
AND YEAH, IT'S INSANE. THERE'S NOTHING THAT THEY WON'T BE DIGGING UP ON PEOPLE, IN FACT IF YOU ORDER A PIZZA, AND YOU ARE OVERWEIGHT....THEY'LL CHARGE YOU MORE FOR THE PIZZA. NO JOKE,THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments