Shia LaBeouf -- Wanted Man!

3/18/2008 6:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've learned a warrant has been issued for the arrest of Shia LaBeouf.

LaBeouf received a ticket February 18 in Burbank for unlawful smoking, a misdemeanor. He was supposed to appear in court at 8:30 AM, but neither he nor a lawyer showed -- so a $1,000 bench warrant was issued for Shia's arrest.

Shia was allegedly smoking on the sidewalk outside a shop called Skyblupink, a gift shop, when cops cited him.

We're waiting to hear back from Shia's rep.

Story developing ...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Sarah

IF THE CITY ORDINANCE DID INDEED LEAVE THAT MESSAGE THEN I HOPE THEY ALSO READ ALL THE COMMENTS POSTED HERE. THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WERE OFFENDED BY THIS STUPID LAW! I AGREE THERE ARE RUDE SMOKERS BUT IT IS STILL A PERSONS RIGHT. IF PEOPLE WHO SMOKE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SMOKE OUTSIDE IN THE OPEN AIR IS THAT NOT PREJUDICE? I HAVE BEEN TO BURBANK AND ALL OVER CALIFORNIA. FORTUNATELY I DO NOT LIVE THERE BECAUSE THEY HAVE MORE STUPID LAWS THAN ANY OTHER STATE. YET BRITNEY DRIVES AROUND WITHOUT A DRIVER'S LICENSE, LINDSAY DRIVES DRUNK UNDER AGE TWICE, GETS CAUGHT AND SPENDS WHAT 30 MINUTES IN JAIL??? WHAT IN THE HECK IS WRONG WITH THIS STATE? OH AND THEN THERE IS OJ! GEEZ CALIFORNIA YOU SHOULD BE EMBARASSED! IF YOU SMOKE AND GET FINED THEN I ALSO AGREE WITH FINING PEOPLE WITH CELL PHONES THEN BECAUSE THAT CAUSES CANCER TOO AND WE ARE JUST SCRATCHING THE SURFACE OF HOW BAD THAT IS GOING TO BE IN THE FUTURE WHEN PEOPLE START GETTING SICK FROM IT. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE SMOKING IN THE OUTISDE BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU WILL GET CANCER THEN YOU BETTER STAY INSIDE FOREVER BECAUSE THERE IS THIS THING CALLED POLLUTION!!

i love james iha

wow i know you guys are "trying" to do his movie creds but come on it was even stevens, holes, charlie's angels, transformers, disturbia, and most recently india jones he's a great actor and he stays out of the limelight as much as possible so he smokes ooooooo never saw a celb do that before lmao

Sue

Is it really against the law to smoke on the sidewalk? What a joke. What idiot made that law? What a waste of the justice system.
Didn't Ayn Rand write that one day the government will make so many laws that every one of us will be considered a criminal?

meme

Let's say you were in a 2 car garage with all doors closed. And you have the choice for 1 hour to be with a car running or a person who smokes, say, 3 cigarettes. Which would you choose?

Until cars are banned (and I'm NOT into that!), get OFF the backs of smokers. I mean, really.

lmwilker

It is ridiculous that in the United States of America, where 1 out of every 100 Citizens are incarcerated, the government and prison-industrial complex would create an entirely new criminal class out of people using a perfectly legal product. We are so screwed.

WTF

He was smoking out side. WTF

Donna

MY DAD WAS A VETERAN AND THE BEST SOILDER THEY EVER HAD. HE FOUGHT FOR OUR FREEDOM AND HIS. WE ARE NOT HONORING THEM IF WE LET THE GOVERMENT TAKE OUR FREEDOM AWAY. SHIA HAS MUCH RIGHT TO SMOKE AS ANYONE ELSE.

Jo

Imagine how much this whole stupid affair is going to cost the tax payers. I thought our UK justice system was dramatically flawed, but this pretty much takes the biscuit - he was outside...what's the problem?!

Jay

You can actually get fined for smoking outside now?! That's messed up, I can understand if he was inside the store or something, but just smoking on the sidewalk... These smoking laws are getting more and more ridiculous everyday.

LunaG

I as a Decepticon fan would even support this Autodog dude for smoking and now showing up in court!

Danielle

I definately do want this man!

TMZrulez

I heard something about Shia stopped smoking. It said he saw Keanu Reeves smoking & Shia thought it made Keanu look unhuman or something, so he stopped smoking. I wonder if thats really true. Hope it is. He is an amazing actor. He needs to take control of his career, along with taking control of his smoking.

Sara

he smokes? how gross
awesome actor tho

fox

unlawful smoking

LeslieLaBeouf

This guy has been y husband ever since I was 4 years old!!!!!

I'm his BIGGE fan EVER!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6