Ed McMahon Alive, Bent Outta Shape

3/19/2008 3:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ed McMahon looks like he's in serious need of a dip in that pool from "Cocoon."

The 85 year-old was spotted sipping from a McDonald's cup while wearing a neck brace. The "Star Search" host took a nasty tumble last year which left him with a broken neck and two follow-up surgeries. He's currently seeking treatment in rehab, not the Lindsay kind, the physical therapy kind.

Hollyweird

I love Ed! LEAVE HIM ALONE!

Mike

I hope this guy dies a slow miserable death. The last year of my grandfather's life (1995) made worse by by is Publisher Clearhouse Letters stating that he was the winner of MILLION$. While alzhimers was destroying him, he held on to the fact that you can trust Ed McMahon and his letter says that he WAS the winner. I sent multiple requests to Publishers asking to be removed and they never did it. We had magazines for years after his passing. Our senior citezens deserve better especially from someone like McMahon. If I am ever out in CA. I might just go water his grave!

GoEdGo

Leave Ed alone! Surely there is better stuff out there to report on than an aging icon! He's FABULOUS! Take care ED!

cayman

Shame on you TMZ.....it's not nice to make fun of elderly people. I am all for making fun of trainwrecks, vah-jay-jay shots, British crackhead musicians and all of the othe stuff that makes TMZ so much fun. But I draw the line here. Ed McMahon is a gentleman and deserves to be treated as such. Best wishes Ed....and a speedy recovery. Shame on you Perez.

What-eva!

Jesus, he's 85 yrs. old!!!! Leave him be! He has way too much class to be attacked by you for no good reason!!!

Ilena

My father DAVID SAPERSTEIN wrote Cocoon! And yes, he needs to take a dip in my daddy's "dream pool"! My father wrote this major novel from visiting the g-parents in Delray back in the early '80's when everyone sat around the pool bitching about how old they are getting and dreamed of a better place.....ahhhh, Cocoon!!!!!!!!! Love you dad! Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You are 71 today Cocoon Author David Saperstein!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim Rocks

have some respect for the elders, leave ED alone tmz....

Nuff_Said

WHY IS IT THAT WHEN MEN GET OLD THEIR EARS GET HUGE? ANYONE KNOW???

LisaK

Shame on you TMZ for saying such stuff. This man does not bother you and he is not some freak show like some other celebraties. So leave him alone. Don't you have better stuff to do than pick on a senior citizen?

Bindi Your Mother Has Whored You Out

Ed and Johnny were irreplaceable on the Tonight Show. A great team. I was missing Johnny the other week, wishing he was still on the air. Ed looks good for his age. I'm glad to see people are writing positive things about him. He's also a former Marine and retired out of service (and the reserves) as a Full Colonel. We love you Ed. You hang in there.

TJ

Miss hearing you say: "HEEEEEEEERS JOHNEEEEEE". Thanks Ed for years of entertainment...we miss you and wish you well. (Ignore the immature kids on this site who probably make fun of their own grandparents!)

Alexa

What a shame. Hope he's better soon.

Jimmy Phillips

Ed is a "Gentleman & a Scholar" a real class act. I hope that look that good when I'm 85, hell I just hope I make it to 85!

tba

has anyone ever seen the staff at TMZ...they're a bunch of college dropout putzes that think they're journalist. They're nothing more than image snipers who nothing good to say about anyone. All you TMZ staffters...most of you won't make it to 85 years old so I would suggest you completment those who do make it to 85

3kids

I would like to see what Mr. TMZ would look like at 85. I doubt that he would look like Mr. Ed..

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments