Liz Taylor Cruises in West Hollywood

3/21/2008 9:13 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Being confined in a wheelchair won't keep Elizabeth Taylor from happy hour with her gays.

The 76-year-old acting legend and her dog, Daisy, were caught getting wheeled out of WeHo restaurant/bar The Abbey yesterday -- where she was bombarded with questions about random longtime buddy Michael Jackson. Gladiator!

Joanne

I love Elizabeth. She is one of the few Class Acts left...

obama osama

I thought she was dead.

word.

crys

This might seem like nitpicking and politically correct mumbo jumbo, but it sickens me when people in the media write that one is "confined to a wheelchair." It makes it sound as if the person is chained to it and their life is over. The wheelchair does not define the person, nor does their life end when one is in one. The person is using it as a tool for mobililty, not a means of stating that there is a lack of mobility. One is NOT confined, but they are merely using a wheelchair. As one who is blind, I am not confined to a guide dog. I just choose to use one to get around easier. Have a little sensitivity. I mean, it's 2008, and it's about time to move past that outdated language and ideology.

niles

it's so nice to see Elizabeth out and about again. She is indeed a cherished legend, the last of the breed.

Sally

The papps can very cruel. They instigate and antagonize these celebs. She's very old and in ill health. The least the papp could have asked her was "how was your meal" or something other what the hell Michael Jackson is doing. He was trying to get something controversial from her. That's sad. I hate the papps.

river rat

Yes, it really is nice to see her out and about. I do have a question, though. Is the general populace allowed to bring dogs into restaurants or is that privilege reserved for those in the entertainment industry? Juyst curious. I love dogs as much as anyone, but I don't think I would want my golden retriever sharing a meal at the table.

MidlifeMom

The reflection of the pap in the window sorta looks like Pat Sajak............

FlBiker

Liz gave me herpes !

TMZ MAKES ME SICK

YOU GUYS JUST SINK TO LOWER DEPTHS EVERYDAY.

YOU ARE GOING TO TURN EVERYONE INTO HOLLYWOOD INTO RECLUSIVENESS,

WHEN A PERSON CAN'T EVEN GO OUT FOR A NICE LUNCH WITHOUT BEING HOUNDED IT'S SAD

IT'S ONE THING TO PICK HOUND A BRITTNEY, BUT TO TREAT A 76 YEAR OLD WOMAN IN FRAIL HEALTH THAT WAY IS DISPICABLE.

WOULD YOU DO THIS TO YOUR GRANDMOTHER? IF SOMEONE HARRASSED YOUR GRANDMOTHER I'M SURE YOU WOULD BE PISSED.

THERE IS AN OLD EXPRESSION, DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE DONE UNTO YOU.

KARMA IS A BITCH AND WHEN IT COMES ROLLING AROUND TO THE PAPPS I HOPE IT HITS 10 FOLD.

WHERE DO YOU GUYS HANG OUT FOR FUN, WITH RAPISTS AND MURDERERS? BECAUSE YOUR BEHAVIOR ISNT MUCH BETTER

TB

It's great to see Ms. Taylor out and her dog is adorable!

Mary Jane

I luv Liz, she is my very favorite. Now THAT was hollywood royalty folks.

JoJo

Oh she seems just lovely!

Carmen

TMZ photo guy look just so gay....he wants to be with her. TMZ you are so gay.

TJ

She is one of the last grande dames! She was a real movie star, a gorgeous woman who led a very adventurous and exciting life and has done so much for various charities. The "starlets" in Hollywood now pale in comparison. Glad to see she is still out and about enjoying life.

Concerned NOT

Why do you paparrazi try to "interview" these poor people you hound?? I have heard the dumbest crap being asked, baiting questions, ignorant personal questions. Your grammar is terrrible, revealing a total lack of education, but that is to be expected, since it is obvious you most likely could not get a job anywhere else. The questioning is totally unprofessional and nonsensical, a real reporter usually has tact and can question in an intelligent manner. Not you paps! I sure wish every city would pass a law to keep your fools away from celebs. I am doing all I can to encourage this.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments