Amanda Overmyer Is THAT Famous?

3/22/2008 7:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ousted "Idol" finalist Amanda Overmyer made her way through LAX this morning -- with the help of a security escort. She needs a security escort? Really?

Amanda told our camera guy she's not surprised she got the boot -- she didn't even vote for herself! Well, at least she has good taste.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Terri

I'm glad to see all the 27 people that voted for her are posting. She was one-dimensional Janis wannabe. America got it right.

tara

Finally that depressing bitch is gone! She had absolutely no range, no personality...And she's fugly!

cinnylynne

Amanda I love you and to me you are very unique. Do not give up on your ability. I have my own DJ & Karaoke business and I would be honored to sing a duet with you any time. You Rock.

Surferess

I think this poor girl is damaged somehow. She seems to have a bit of a borderline personality. I did see her sing on a morning show a couple of days after getting the boot. She was clearly unhappy and sang a song she had sung on the show before, except this time it was really slow, lifeless and definitely not groovin'.

It takes a special kind of person to be able to handle extremely difficult criticism and not be undaunted. I don't think this girl has the ability to handle the criticism w/o personalizing it. She was a perfectly good singer, but part of singing is projecting joy to your listeners. She was not exactly infused with joy.

Bless her heart though. Honestly it is a miracle no one has ever committed suicide after getting kicked off.

AmandaFan

Amanda is very talented young woman and has a lot of fans...evidently not here. For all of you spitting venom, people are a mirror of everything you have in yourself, whether it's a quality you own or not. Therefore, any comments you say about someone else, you're really saying about yourself. Any poison you spill into your environment, you ending up stepping in yourself. This girl ROCKS and deserves the BEST!!! I support her!

kovy

Amanda you rock ,all the ones who are putting you down have no clue what a chivk like you is about,but Whisky A Go Go knows what you are about,that's why you "Amanda" are performing there on may 24 2008,and i will be there flying from montreal canada,already got my ticket for the show,Whisky A Go Go that is where legendary bands have played like The Doors,Led Zepplin,Janis Joplin herself,and now Amanda Overmyer,A Legend Is Born.Love You Amanda.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6