Wife-Beatin' Bishop to Preach on Easter

3/22/2008 3:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Georgia Bishop Thomas W. Weeks, who gave his televangelist wife Juanita Bynum an almighty beating in an Atlanta parking lot last August, will perform Easter Sunday services tomorrow. WWJ think?!
Bishop Weeks and Bynum
Since choking, pushing and kicking his soon-to-be ex, Weeks has apologized to Bynum and his congregation for his fist-filled rage. According the ajc.com, Weeks will be back at the pulpit preaching on Sunday.

Weeks was sentenced to three years probation, 200 hours of community service and anger management classes.

It's almost guaranteed no one will be caught talking during Weeks' Easter sermon.

Kelli

*rolling my eyes*

I Would Mount Hannah Montana

Yes, sometimes the jokes tell themselves.

This guy has set black people back at least 50 years. What is it with black preachers recently? It's hilarious how nobody is calling them out, because that wouldn't be politically correct. Who knows, maybe Vivian C. Stringer will hook up with this guy and get a beatdown put on her.

It's amazing how we never hear from Al, Jesse, etc when ugly little incidents like this happen. Baby, I gots to beat you, 'cause Jesus done told me to do it!

Losers, all.

Meowch

What would Scooby do?

Twinker

The worst sinners are the ones in Church!

Pen

I would just like to say that we folks here in the Atlanta area are tired enough of hearing about these two goofballs ......now it's on TMZ too??? Find some REAL stories and get back to us TMZ!

Kelli

Everyone is a sinner. Church or not. Now go repent. :P

Mik

Deacon Blues?

dust

Better than the typical young boy rapers.

Mary

"I'm sorry " is the #1 overused excuse..and yet it still works Ain't life wonderful when there ain't no sin no more and nobody has to be punished because they said "I'm sorry."

Johnny Lawson

so he beats her and she sits there and takes it? she should've cracked his skull open with a baseball bat.

brown recluse

SOUNDS ABOUTLIKE A TYPICAL SOUTHERN PREACHER!wHERE IS HIS MISTRESS?

MH

It seems that the right thing for this man to do is step aside. Love and forgiveness are great but we also have to realize that there are consequences to our actions even if we are loved and forgiven. In this instance, a consequence of his actions should be that he has to forfeit his position for the greater good. Why would any woman want to step foot into a church and listen to a pastor who roughed up his wife and look to him for any spiritual guidance? As was mentioned, pastors are to be held to a higher standard and one of them is that they have a stable home life. Sorry, but it's true.

As with a lot of the stories that have cropped up here lately, I have to wonder what this has to do with "Entertainment News, Celebrity Gossip and Hollywood Rumors." Are they celebrities really? Did this happen within the Thirty Mile Zone?

Debbie

I wonder why I bothered to read the story because according to Obama since I am white I have an untrained ear and I wouldn't understand since it involves yet another black minister. You're right Obama, I never will understand how someone can accept such hatred toward people..you know that when you are against a group simply because of their color it is called racism.

I choose my friends and my church but according to Obama if you are black once you select your church you must stick with that decision no matter how disgusting the comments from the pulpit. It;s any wonder that other ethnic groups assimilate while blacks just continue to stay just where they are.

Tyra Banks

He needs to be killed.

jj

Religion is a very well paid career.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments