Ben Stein: "Idol" Makes Me Puke!

3/24/2008 2:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

When TMZ asked Ben Stein about "American Idol's" David Archuleta, he was thinkin' we thought he was someone else -- but truth is, our guy was right on point.

Though he hates "AI," Stein was a judge on "Star Search" back in 2003 -- when David was named Junior Vocal Champion!

Kelli

Bueller, Bueller............:)

Liz

His voice makes me cringe!

Amazing T!

Ben Stein isn't going to vote for anyone who doesn't have a face full of Botox, size "EEE" fake boobs and more highlights than the Aurora Borealis! Didn't you see him get all creepy with that stretched out stripper on 'America's Most Smartest Model?'
uuuggghhh...Just thinking about it still makes me a little queezy!

Rita

Well, I guess we all can't be as.....cough, cough......talented as Ben Stein, eh?

tomaum

'AI' makes me puke too but i still cant help watching it. im sick, i need help.

LW

Wait a minute, you dog Miley Cyrus for not watching American Idol, but yet you don't dog him and he said he hates the show, what's up with that?

Christopher

Ben Stein is a miserable, old, conservative jew, who hates everything and everyone. Go jump off a cliff, Stein.

patty

Hey, check it out TMZ researchers, producers, whomever.....Back in the early 90's Ben Stein was on a twelve noon (?) talk show...I forget who was the hostess but do remember that The Duchess of York, aka Duchess of Pork or "Fergie" and another woman was having discussion about family, children/whatever...Ben Stein disagreed distastefully and actually gave Fergie the infamout "FINGER" AKA "BIRD." They immediately went to break..believe Fergie made some disapporving comment about his behavior..and when the show returned, they announced that Ben Stein had abruptly left and no longer wanted to participate in the show??

I have always wondered why this man never received any repremend, bad pubilitity for being on a National TV afternoon show where possibly young children could be watching and because the panel is not agree with his nasal filled discusting voice gave the big FINGER!!! I would love to know why he got off the hook for this bad behavior??

patty

BEN STEIN IS A JERK...A PHONY...HEY HARVEY, DO SOME RESEARCH WITH REGARDS TO A TV NOON TIME TALK SHOW WHERE STEIN WAS GUEST AS WELL AS THE DUCHESS OF YORK, "FERGIE" AND THEY WERE HAVING DISCUSSION ABOUT FAMILY, CHILDREN, WHATEVER AND WHEN THE HOSTESS, ALONG WITH FERGIE AND THE OTHER PERSON ON THE PANEL DISAGREED THIS A HOLE ACTUALLY GAVE THEM THE FINGER DUE TO ONE OF THEIR REMARKS...FERGIE GOT A CHANCE TO GIVE A SHORT DISAPPROVAL MESSAGE TO STEIN AND THEY WENT TO BREAK..UPON RETURNING, THEY ANNOUNCED THAT BEN STEIN HAD CHOSEN TO LEAVE THE SHOW.

WHY IS THIS A. HOLE, HIPOCRIT NEVER BEEN EXPOSED FOR THIS DEPLORABLE BEHAVIOR OR ANY CRITICISM BY THE PRESS OR WHOMEVER..ONE WOULD THINK THAT FLIPPING THE INFAMOUS BIRD ON NATIONAL TV BECAUSE THREE LOVELY YOUNG WOMEN DIDN'T AGREE WITH HIS PHILOSOPHY WOULD WARRANT SOME BAD PUBLICITY FOR HIM....BUT NOT SO..ANYWAY NOT THAT I AM AWARE..I WAS SHOCKED, DISCUSTED AND WATCHED FOR A REPREMEND OR BAD PUBLICITY WITH HIS DISCUSTING BEHAVIOR. I BELIEVE THIS WAS AROUND 92/93...BUT WITH THE EXPERTISE OF YOUR RESEARCH PEOPLE, IF YOU REALLY WANT TO, YOU COULD FIND THIS FOOTAGE..

Bettsie

On American Idol Michael Johns sang Queen the best. Most of the others were yelling.

hater

I want some of ben steins money....

i hate tmz

ben stien annoys the hell out of me.
what the heck does he even know about music anyway? why would they even ask him, he was a judge on star search fifty million years ago. with that bitch judd something or other.

but..uh.. what does he mean "your confusing me with someone else"
he obviously has heard david archuleta sing before, on star search.
he probably doesnt remember cause hes too OLD

Keri

Are you kidding me.I LOVE DAVID ARCHULETA!His voice is so pure, and comforting.Why are people soo jealous???I love his dad, and I love him, and his family.He is a great young man, well raised, and he has more talent than all of you combines.So keep your hate comments to yourselfdes, jealous brats.You make me SICK