Heath Worth a Helluva Lot More Than $145K

3/25/2008 5:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There have been news reports that Heath Ledger left a grand total of $145,000 in his estate, and, as a result, his daughter might not be taken care of properly -- BOGUS!

True, we know the will lists $145,000 in assets. But here's the deal. The will was drafted in 2003. Since then, sources say, Heath accumulated lots of jack, from movies like "Lords of Dogtown," "The Brothers Grimm," "Brokeback Mountain," "Casanova," "Candy," "I'm Not There" and "The Dark Knight."

We're told Heath has considerably more assets than the $145k. On top of that, sources say he lived all over the world and was smart enough to know all of his money shouldn't sit in the U.S., where taxes are a bitch.

On the other hand, one of Heath's uncles has said the late actor's estate is valued at $60 mil. We're told that's absurd as well (on the high side), and the uncle doesn't know jack since he's been estranged from the family as well.

Bottom line -- Matilda will be fine, and there's a lot of $$$ on the line.

Heath Ledger -- click to launch

YONKERS, NY

FIRST!!!

Keshia

Bottom line is to update your will people.

DS

Hmmm...noooooooo...I THINK you mean "The Dark Knight." Funny, how English spells things differently and stuff.

Theresa

Who cares who gets his money. Her mom will make sure she is taken care of

Kelli

Duh.........glad that rumor is cleared up.

Jennie

I think $60 million is probably way too high, but you're right, KESHIA, especially those with children should keep their wills updated. Also, isn't this the uncle who first claimed to be the family "spokesperson"?

Cj

I have read accounts that state that the Ledger Family are already bickering over Heaths estate, how horrible!!! They need to stop being so selfish and worry about this poor fatherless baby now!!!! But where a fortune in concerned people show their true self............... Matilda, my heart breaks for you.............

Melissa

Ummm, doesn't Michelle make enough money to support - hells ya

CRY ME A RIVER, that little girl probably has more in her bank account than I'll ever have AND I lost my father at a young age as well....

FlBiker

If you care about your loved ones, do estate planning.

*****Guy******

See, I was right! Boo-yah!

Liz

It is so very important to have a "Living Will" as well as a Will. Don't leave it to your loved ones to make decisions about you! Tell them while you are alive.

All American Girl

Michelle Williams = Gold digger

Nor Cal Reader

Is it in bad taste to make a pun about "Ledgers" and "Bookkeeping"? I would but I wonder if it may be offensive to people. Comments please.

Liz

I'm telling you Nor Cal you need to go to work for TMZ writing there TAG lines! Then we could eliminate the FRAT boy's they have working.

Curious

All American Girl, did you READ the article? How is Michelle Williams a gold digger when she is the only one that hasn't been talking about his money?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments