Richie Off the Wagon -- Popped For DUI

3/26/2008 1:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Richie Sambora was arrested for DUI in Laguna Beach, Calif.

Law enforcement sources tell us the Bon Jovi guitarist was pulled over by the Laguna Beach PD just before 11:00 PM last night. Cops say they observed him driving erratically in a black Hummer and pulled him over. He failed numerous field sobriety tests and was detained for DUI.

At the station, a cooperative Sambora opted to take a blood test rather than blow into a breathalyzer. Laguna Beach PD tells TMZ there's no indication of drugs.

Sambora was released around 4:00 AM this morning.

In 2007, Richie had not one, but two stints in rehab.

A spokesperson for Bon Jovi had no comment.

Story developing ...

Tangie

He has been very upset lately because more people aren't living in the 80's with him........

CoolGirl2008

Hummer= little wang

rosie

To #11 Tatted up Chick, I am with you. I am sick to death of the sympathy poured out on these idiots. Ritchie Sambora is in his 40's, he is a big boy now folks and he has been through rehab at least twice now. Time to grow up and be a man or stop driving period. He obviously does not give a damn about the lives of others, like all drunk drivers. No sympathy from me! My heart goes out to your lose of your best friend Tatted up Chick. Hang in there!

tinkerbell

Why is he not on the orange county arrest log? BTW only idiots drive drunk through Laguna. Guaranteed DUI.

Tangie

Are the people driving around Hummers live on another planet? Do they not realize there is problem with oil? I get pissed of when I see people who are still so irresponsible.
I'm wth savetheplanet....airhead trying to compensate a little pecker.

Black Teef

Dude looks like "Beaker" from the Muppets!

Buck Ofama

HE'S STARTING TO LOOK LIKE MICKEY ROURKE.

DUDE... SEEK OUT ANOTHER PLASTIC SURGEON !!!

Tangie

His face looks chopped up, like "silence of the lambs" ish.....

Buck Ofama

HE'S STARTING TO LOOK LIKE MICKEY ROURKE.

DUDE... SEEK OUT ANOTHER PLASTIC SURGEON !!!

Boris

what a fugly worthless lowlife POS

derek jaro

HE'S A COWBOY. . . IN A BLACK HUMMER HE A RIDES. . . HE'S WANTED. .(WAANNEEEED). . FOR 'D' double 'U' iiiiiiiiiiiiii

auramac

Sad to say- he obviously hasn't hit bottom yet- or has underestimated his disease. Get back to rehab, and start taking it more seriously! It's terminal unless you arrest it!

WTF

I just paid $130 a piece for nosebleed seats to see Bon Jovi so this dumbass can more than afford a freaking chauffuer!!!

Ritchie get some help now before Jon fires your ass!!

wondering

where is the makeup lady when ya need her. he looks 100% better with makeup.

Frank Olivo

Well, I can't believe there hasn't been another incident of a celebrity dui killing, like that dude from "Prison Break." Not for their lack of trying though. I can't fathom having all that $$ and being so depressed and woe is me. Hire your self a good shrink, stay on your meds...oh, yeah...don't drink and DRIVE!!! His kid's definitely going to be screwed up with him and Heather Locklear for P's.