Sambora Could Be Charged with Endangering Kid

3/26/2008 6:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Richie Sambora could be criminally charged with child endangerment.

Richie Sambora was busted for DUI with his 10-year-old daughter Ava in the car, along with another juvenile and another adult -- a woman. If Sambora was driving drunk, he could be charged with endangering the two kids.

Police sources tell us Sambora has not been charged with endangerment but the Laguna Beach P.D. is "actively investigating."

And, police sources say, after Sambora was busted, the cops called Heather Locklear, Ava's mom. We're told Heather authorized the woman in the car to drive her daughter home.

del

46. Shut up, DAX! No one here said it was heathers fault, only how crappy it was of her not to go pick her kid up at police station. papparazi for these 2, please, only if by accident!

Posted at 4:50PM on Mar 26th 2008 by kandie

Kandie, the police would not have taken the child to the police station in the barf and pee covered back of a patrol car if a sober adult was there to take the child home, and the sober parent approved by phone. Read, people.

barbara

I should say that there are plenty of right-on comments, too...

But the poor drunk-as-victim, let's understand the criminal attitude makes my blood boil, meds or no meds, and laid or not. Anyone here who is a responsible parent probably feels exactly the same right now. There's just no excuse for this guy and those that are trying to excuse his behavior need to grow up.

But, that's only my opinion.

COCO

WTF he was either drunk or he wasn't drunk. What kind of investigation do you need? Give him the test, if he fails throw his ass in jail.

Liz

God will only fire a FEW warning shots.......................It is up to you RIchie. Get some help while your daughter is still young!

hadenough

Where was Protective Services? Why were they not contacted? What he did was incredibly STUPID! HE should NEVER have gotten behind the wheel, no matter how much he drank! You don't drink alcohol and drive, Period!! REALLY STUPID RICHIE!!!

Me

To those of you saying, "He loves Ava and would never do this to her": An alcoholic would sell his mother down the river for alcohol. That's what comes first...the drink. Everything else...including their own children, no matter how deeply they love them otherwise...comes last when an alcoholic is drinking. Period.

del

49. In all divorce decrees in the state of CA, there is a clause that
states neither parent is to drink in the presense of the child when
under their care and they aren't to take the child places where
alcohol is soley served.

Posted at 4:58PM on Mar 26th 2008 by No way..

Um, no. A child cannot go in to a place where alcohol is solely
served by law, not by divorce decree. And my CA divorce decree never mentions alcohol. That's
balogna that it's boilerplate part of divorce orders.

Lara

No, I have zero sympathy for him. I grew up with a dad who drank and drove with us kids in the car. We had several near misses and in fact one time landed in the ditch on an icy curve as he was drunk and speeding - ..Sambora drinking and driving with his child reminds me of what I went through and makes you wonder how many times this has actually happened, ya, maybe just the once or was this the time he got caught?

reggie

HE NEEDS TO BE BACK IN REHAB, END OF STORY !

Bubblebunny

My baby son was killed by a drunk in a hummer. He was just over the limit. Diane, you are an insensitive slug. Don't tell someone they need to get laid, when they are speaking truthfully on a subject such as this. Grow up. The pain is unbearable. The thought that someone else could die like this is just horrible. It IS preventable. Don't drink and drive and don't make fun of those who tell you not to. Love to all.

TamiHaney

For those of you who don't know, Richie's dad passed away very recently of lung cancer if I'm not mistaken. I know how hard it is to lose someone so close and it's understandable that he'd be acting out like this. It's miserable to miss someone you loved so much. There are still times I have the thought that I need to call my grandmother on the phone, then a moment of sadness when I have the realization that she's been gone 2 years now. I feel for Richie. He's long been one of my favorite musicians, and I pray that he is able to get whatever help he needs before he or someone else gets hurt by his actions. Richie you're in my prayers, and I hope the band rallies around you in your time of need. God be with you my friend. Please get some help. If anything happened to you, I for one would be devastated. Hugs and well wishes in your time of mourning.

knucklehead

this really gonna make the summer tour interesting

Bubblebunny

Shadow Rider Anna : You should be a screen writer. I was very moved by your post . Eloquent. Thank You.

bonjovifan4life

I am truly disgusted with some of these "holier-than-thou" comments ... I'm soooooo sure none of you have EVER done anything wrong in your lifetime? To quote a good book "let he who is without sin cast the first stone"!!!! Get a grip people!
Alcoholism is a sickness, and needs to be treated as such. I hope he goes and gets the help he needs finally!

del

Tami, his grief will be worse if he kills his kid.