Sambora Could Be Charged with Endangering Kid

3/26/2008 6:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Richie Sambora could be criminally charged with child endangerment.

Richie Sambora was busted for DUI with his 10-year-old daughter Ava in the car, along with another juvenile and another adult -- a woman. If Sambora was driving drunk, he could be charged with endangering the two kids.

Police sources tell us Sambora has not been charged with endangerment but the Laguna Beach P.D. is "actively investigating."

And, police sources say, after Sambora was busted, the cops called Heather Locklear, Ava's mom. We're told Heather authorized the woman in the car to drive her daughter home.

CoolGirl2008

Re: Dallas' comment

"God only fires a few warning shots." WTF? God has a gun? Where did you learn that phrase? Marilyn Manson???

bon jovi fan

We should see what all the facts are before deciding that his parental rights are taken away. I wouldn't think he would intentionally hurt his daughter. Innocent until proven guilty.

del

I'm most disgusted by the sober adult in the car who got in the car with a drunk person, and 2 children, rather than insisting she drive herself.

CoolGirl2008

What? says:"I'm most disgusted by the sober adult ."

me too!

bonjovifan4life

Just how did he "get away" with ANYTHING?!?! He was ARRESTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reggie

#114 you have said it the best here to today on this forum ! Pain is Pain Folks !!!
We all have experienced it ! Stop judging ! He needs Rehab and Prayer
Stop the name calling !!! Jennifer, we feel your pain !

jetsgrl

God forbid Heather goes to get her kid. This is the same person who said she does not get up early in the morning with her daughter. I think Richie is hot

Robert

TamiHaney - He is not dead, and this isn't a eulogy. My dad died of cancer as well and I was only 19 at the time, but I never once even thought of grabbing a bottle, he is in his 40s or 50s. Thats what family or friends are for. What he did was inexcusible, his kids were in the car. I have been seeing Bon Jovi fans here posting ridiculous comments defending him, finding ways to pardon him. There is no pardoning here!! You drink drunk and drive, you'll do the time!

regina!

WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE?!
cant you people just leave richie alone?
i know for SURE that he loves ava and would never do anything to harm her.
just leave richie alone!

knucklehead

how could he do this? he's the perfect rock star. he's GORGEOUS. he got away from NJ. he screwed a dumb blond cali style.hung on to a name (jovi) that is so insignificant. why? why?.............first.

pebbles

whatever, by what, the bitch was a bitch for not pickinh her kid up....end of story!

TamiHaney

116. Tami, his grief will be worse if he kills his kid.

Posted at 7:08PM on Mar 26th 2008 by .

You're absolutely right! Which is precisely why I said get help before you kill yourself or someone else.

I don't condone what he did but I do understand why it could have happened. He is sick right now. I don't judge him and I don't think anyone else should either. Just like Disgusted said, He who is without sin cast the first stone.

It's God's place to judge him in the end; the Judge's place to deal with it on behalf of the State; and Heather's place to deal with it on behalf of Ava. It's not my place or anyone elses to convict him in any arena.

I just pray that he gets help and really tries to straighten his life out.

bon jovi fan

As a Bon Jovi fan, I am not defending drunk driving or anyone who does it. If he was drunk and put anyone at risk he should deal with the consequence. I think what we are trying to say is, lets get all the facts first. The media and paparazzi are not the most trustworthy people when it comes to celebrities and their problems. It is true that he has had a problem with alcohol and most certainly should get the proper help for that.

jetsgrl

Baby come back to Woodbridge. I will help you out

TamiHaney

Angry:

I'm not pardoning anyone. It's called "compassion". I do believe that he should go to jail if that's what the judge says. Maybe that would be the best thing for him to make him dry out.