Poison's Rikki Rockett

Arrested on Rape Warrant

3/28/2008 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0328_rikki_rockett_fm-1The drummer for everyone's fave 80's hair band, Poison, was arrested Monday on a rape warrant out of Mississippi as he got off a flight from New Zealand at LAX.

46-year-old Rikki Rockett was busted by the Airport Division of the LAPD as he was going through customs. As the LA Daily News first reported, Rockett, a former hairdresser whose real name is Richard Ream, was transported to the L.A. County Jail, where he was booked on a felony fugitive sexual assault warrant out of Neshoba County, Mississippi. Where Rockett is exactly right now we don't know.

Information about the warrant and specific charges was not immediately available.

Rockett and singer Bret Michaels -- high school classmates -- founded Poison together. He was in New Zealand to reunite and perform with other original members of the band at Rock2Wellington, a huge heavy metal show.

dANtHAmAN

i AM HUGE FAN OF ROCK, BUT THAT HAIRCUT HAS TO BE THE STUPIDEST THING IVE EVER SEEN. i WOULD THROW HIS HAIR DRESSER IN JAIL TOO FOR RAPING HIS HEAD.

Lenn K.

Rape is bad enough, but to commit it in Mississippi, they don't play down there.

whatever tha fu*!/rockergirl

oh what else can they (poison) do of more hunger 4 fame/publicity !? bret michaels-rock of love. Ricki Rockett-scandalous rape chargers ! I guess that, cause they're getting old n ugly !

Kelli

JustDonna *wink*.

Ed W.

Oh no. Does this mean that "Talentless Aging Has Beens of Rock VII" will never hit the cable networks?

RaTBaSTrrD

ok kelli...not funny any more

.....

OMG! This guy looks like an idiot. I hate it when older men try to cling to their youth by dressing like young men. This guy looks goofier than Dog the bounty hunter...well maybe not THAT goofy...

this is nasty

This is awful if true. Rikki was diagnoed with herpes in the 90's, even Bret (BFF) has joked about it. That's why he turned vegetarian. I don't think she was rapped, I think she's burned and trying too get even.

Waldo

.. he should have kept his rocket in his pocket.. hehehehehe

Ned

I wonder what his fiancee SHERRY MARTEL thinks of all of this?? I have been backstage at several Poison shows and Rikki is definitely the HORN DOG of the band...No wonder Rikki has done so much work for animal rights and anti puppy mills as he is a DOG himself....whether it is some money hungry groupie or not with being engaged he should never have put himself into a situation where any of his actions could be used against him this way...let the justice system play out and let him have his day in court....if he did the crime then he will do the time........or as johnny cochran would have said "if the penis doesnt fit than you gotta acquit!!!"

Wildman

The "Boyz" in prison will just love the hair and tattoos! Perhaps you should start thinking of a Girl name???? What comes around,goes IN and around and around! NOTE TO FEMALE AND MALE DIVAS: Do not abuse people just because you've gotten rich and famous because of them and believe that you can do whatever you want to whomever you want! You give us HONEST and SINCERE Professionals in the Music Industry a very bad name.

Ned

oops.....his fiance is MELANIE MARTEL!!! sorry for the typo

lorri

wow you people are ridiculous. i bet kelli wouldnt find it so funny if it were her boyfriend being charged with rape, now would she ? or maybe she would she seems pretty twisted. rikki we are in support of you. im sure you will be proven innocent and we look forward to seeing you in july in st pete.

rosie

I too just don't understand these over the hill rockers who still try to dress and look like they did in the '80's. And the tattoo thing just freaks me out. I don't have a clue whether Mr. rikki Rocket, hell of a dumb name, is guilty or not but it would not shock me if he was. Alot of professional musicians are notorious for hanging around underage girls. A close friend of mine in the '80's was involved with a 17 year old..he was 34. He asked my opinion of it and I told him that if she were my daughter, I would have him arrested, which shocked him. After a 6 year relationship she dumped him...main reason was because she out grew him. Some of those guys just never grow up mentally. They cannot relate to a woman their own age...or they choose not to. I admit to watching "Rock of Love" and find it hilarious. Rocket's buddy Michaels is a complete moron and why any woman with a brain would want to be with him is a mystery. Men in their late 40's still thinking they are something special....too funny. I dated a professional musician for 6 years and left him in the dust. I outgrew him too. Glad I married a regular and nice man. Rockers are kooks!

Jeff D

Per Metal Sludge's "Long & Short Of It" rock star penis guide....
listing 101

Rikki Rockett / Poison
Rikki has a huge "rocket"! About 9 + inches! He's a gentleman. He opens doors, asks if it is o.k. to smoke or use your bathroom, and will go out to eat with you. He'll even give you his real telephone number! Very creative guy and I've never heard of him getting a bad report! Just like Bret, he doesn't like "his girls" to be with other guys while it's ok for him to be with other girls.