TSA:

We're Sorry About

The Whole Nipple Thing

3/28/2008 8:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Whole Nipple ThingGloria Allred 1, TSA 0!

The Transportation Security Administration has officially changed their screening process regarding nipple rings.

Today they acknowledged that they may have gone too far by having a woman remove her nipple rings during a stop at airport security clearance in Lubbock, TX.

The TSA posted the following statement on their website: "TSA acknowledges that our procedures caused difficulty for the passenger involved and regrets the situation in which she found herself. We appreciate her raising awareness on this issue and we are changing the procedures to ensure that this does not happen again."

Hooray for nipples everywhere!

MiMI

I just love being at the mercy of the minimum wage hacks with TSA badges. They have way too much power over people as it is. Lets hope more changes come

Scy

This is what you get when you hire buffoons to fight terrorism. Of course we elected buffoons to fight terrorism, but I digress.

tmz fan

yeehaw! kelli put your gold cones on, it's nipples week!

Kelli

No way 19. You can. Have fun. I was joking, don't have that.

tmz fan

so was i! sincerely, tmz fan

Kelli

lol, Is this what we are left with? Some people have no plans tonight. Nipple stories or Janices behind? Your making it hard to keep up a conversation and stay on topic. Some people have problems with these topics.

del

The TSA pays minimum wage or very close to it and is staffed by people with no education, as are most jobs that pay so poorly. You can't expect ill educated folks, not at all invested in their crap-pay jobs, resentful to the point of vapid hostility, to think outside the box.

del

I was told by a TSA screener that she was going to feel under the underwire of my bra. I said, "No, you're not. Here, I'll just give it to you," and took it off right there and handed it to her. The guy behind me said, "Ha! Feel that! I only get to take off my shoes!" Whatever that meant.

jack

Ok, I'm a male, but I hope this lady gets a boat load of money. Power hungry police state is what this country is becoming. I can tell you I won't be voting Republican in this next election

del

Traveling just after 9-11, we explained to the kids all that we knew at the time, which was that our shoes might be taken off, all our stuff xrayed, metal detectors, wanding, etc. As I stood zipping my purse, at the instruction of the Xray tech, before putting it on the conveyer belt for xray, my 6 year old was waved through / told to walk through the metal detector. I looked up and my son was on the other side of the metal detector. The TSA guy barked, in heavily accented English, "put arms out" and then ran his hands up and down my son's arms and legs and across his crotch. All of this occurred in seconds, literally. My son, who has been told like most little kids not to let strangers touch you, no one else touches your privates, etc. looked totally horrified. All it would have taken on the part of the TSA guy to avoid this was a "Mom, I need to frisk him. Explain it." Instead the guy was totally clueless that a child might be freaked out by this action. Better yet, don't motion a little kid through before the parent. The whole, ridiculous system is broken.

del

Ugh, Charles, they had no bombs. What lawyer? What Jew? "were" or "wear?" Have you suffered a head injury? Your typing and content would indicate that you have.

ken j

Harvey Levin, you are my hero. What a man! kb

TiredOfMoochers

As soon as judges and juries grow some gumption and quit awarding money for stupid crap to all these deadbeat "offended" people, the less you'll see of these headlines. That dumb broad could barely read her prepared statement and now she's sitting back thinking how much FATTER she's going to get at the expense of the taxpayer. An apology was enough. Period.

He's just another Idiot

Who is going to pay Gloria Allred's outragious legal fees? I don't want any money going to that silly woman who wore the nipple rings. You would have to be a dingbat to wear them in the first place. Just another Allred publicity plot.

He's just another Idiot

I thought only Strippers wore nipple rings. That old lady doesn't look like a Stripper.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments