Parents Slam J.Lo Over Posh Nursery

3/29/2008 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

People mag's spread on J.Lo and Marc Anthony's newborn twins has shocked some staffers at Parents magazine.

The peeved peeps posted an open memo to J.Lo citing numerous baby safety hazards. But TMZ spoke to Kimberlee at Boo Boo Busters, a child safety company, and they say J.Lo is totally in the right.

Where Parents criticizes the nursery for having canopies and bows on and around the cribs -- suffocation hazards -- Kimberlee Mitchell, owner and found of Boo Boo Busters, says that for newborn babies like J.Lo's, this is not a concern. She says, "When your baby starts sitting up, at around six months or so, that's when you remove any canopies or mobiles." Emme and Max are barely a month old.

The blog's memo also went so far as to berate Lopez for not having window guards on the nursery's windows. Perhaps window guards weren't very photogenic? After all, in one of the magazine's pictures, Jenny from the Block is pictured feeding her baby ... in an evening gown.

Next time Parents might want to wait to nail J.Lo and Marc Anthony until they're seen driving erratically while dangling the twins out a car window.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

K

JLo looks like so much work...I remember from her 1st movie with George Clooney. She had a future as a serious actress...

What happened?

Ooooo Noooo!

How much did she charge for pictures of the kids bedroom?

Angela

The first time I looked at these pictures I thought okay .. those babies are going to pull those canopies down ... but come on people I truly believe the JLO is going to keep them up there? In about month half I guarantee that nursey will look completely different ... the 3-6 month nursing you could say ... then the 6-9 month nursery ... give her a break ... to you and me maybe that nursey is not the most practical but she has worked hard for her money and if she can afford to completely replace it good for her!! Is is what I would have chosen? no ... but then again they are her children not mine.

Bob. My name is the same forwards and backwards

I hope that room is just for show. Who in their right mind would have a nursery that stupid looking?

Seriously.

On a side note, I hear the babies are getting big and just about taller and bigger than her husband.

ArizonaLioness

I don't understand spending so much money on a blinged out nursery when the kid is too young to give a damn. How about using your money to do some goof for the many unfortunate mothers out there. The article and pictures made me sick. What a pair of pretentious asses. Once the novelty wears off, the kids will be spending 24/7 with their nannies, while their "parents" continue on with their self-absorbed lives and careers.

Jackie

It's amazing....This lovely woman and her very loving huband have dreamed of children together. JLo has dreamed of having children for years. Why shouldn't she do exactly what she wants and have her "dream" nursery? Does she complain that any of us aren't making our nurseries the way she would want? She ha the money (well earned I might say) to do what many dream of doing. PS - this is a photo shoot! Bars on the windows come when children can crawl and toddle....not at a few weeks old. How do any of you know what she will do with the money they get? I'm not a massive JLo fan, but I see so much sniping at these nice people and Brad and Angelina, and so many others....How about the truly selfish, self destructive ones. How about leaving the pretty good ones alone.

rose

The nursery is gorgeous and very glam. It looks like old school Royalty. If you've got the means by all means spend it . These are two lucky kids. Mom is over the top and good for her.

Superbeanie52

i used to like her. i read that article. she didnt even TRY to breastfeed her babies. that makes me sick. i know she can afford the extravagance. big deal. but what really pisses me off is not breastfeeding your baby, not using cloth diapers, and rampant consumerism. all that waste. bottles, containers of formula, and disposable diapers filling the landfills up. poor Mother Earth, doesnt anybody care about you anymore?

Liz

What a beautiful nursery!

Jlo Gave how much to charity last year????????

Virginia Mom

I LOVE the nursery! It is beautiful and serene and must be very calming at night for those late feedings. If I could have done the same, I would have. And a previous poster was correct, what it looks like now isn't what it will look like in a few months. My nursery and children's rooms have changed several times as the kids got older. Parents magazine needs to stop judging them based on a photograph. Rooms are always staged for magazine photos and considering Parents is a magazine, they should know that. Instead of criticizing the room, the magazine could have used the photo as a lesson in how the room needs to change as the babies age.

armysoldiergirl

that is a beautiful nursery!!! i love the color she picked. i recently had a baby girl and i wish i could afford to have a nursery like that, but i cant so i just went to wal-mart and got a 50 dollar care bear crib set. its cheap but looks nice.

Kelli

I read the whole article yesterday. People always get in an uproar when celebs are actually happy. Beautiful room!

Bird

She is a Diddy ex. What did you expect from her? To each his own I guess. Not to worry though. Just check out the Goodwill closest to her house in a few months and you can have all this stuff at a steal.

Kelli

LOL at 12. Care Bears ROCK! :) Congrats...

Nicole

This is absolutely ridiculous! There are so many children who have nothing and then there are children who have too much. If, in 18 years, we want to know why her children are spoiled rotten and believe they deserve everything under the sun, someone should give them this picture. Too much, too soon.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments