Parents Slam J.Lo Over Posh Nursery

3/29/2008 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

People mag's spread on J.Lo and Marc Anthony's newborn twins has shocked some staffers at Parents magazine.

The peeved peeps posted an open memo to J.Lo citing numerous baby safety hazards. But TMZ spoke to Kimberlee at Boo Boo Busters, a child safety company, and they say J.Lo is totally in the right.

Where Parents criticizes the nursery for having canopies and bows on and around the cribs -- suffocation hazards -- Kimberlee Mitchell, owner and found of Boo Boo Busters, says that for newborn babies like J.Lo's, this is not a concern. She says, "When your baby starts sitting up, at around six months or so, that's when you remove any canopies or mobiles." Emme and Max are barely a month old.

The blog's memo also went so far as to berate Lopez for not having window guards on the nursery's windows. Perhaps window guards weren't very photogenic? After all, in one of the magazine's pictures, Jenny from the Block is pictured feeding her baby ... in an evening gown.

Next time Parents might want to wait to nail J.Lo and Marc Anthony until they're seen driving erratically while dangling the twins out a car window.

Mamoo Dee

I think everyone is just jealous!! J Lo and Mark have worked for their money, J Lo has waited a long time for motherhood and whose business is it if she breastfeeds, has an extremely expensive nursery, gives to charity, etc. These babies are theirs and they can do as they please. The nursery is too fancy for my taste but it is theirs and good luck to them. I wish them well and I am extremely happy for them all, these babies will be loved beyond words.

stacy

Let her do what she wants. She has two nurses and assistants, AND the babies are only one month old, they can't even ROLL OVER. They will be FINE. More than FINE, acutally. Bless JLo and Marc, let them enjoy their precious babies in peace without all the drama and jealousy. Parents mag is just JEALOUS JLo did't go on their cover so THEY could sell more magazines.

K

She tried way to hard...girl your from the hood....

my, my, my

This is her money earned by the sweat of her brow. Back off. She can do anything that she wants with her money. That's what is wrong with people now. They always think they can dictate where it is none of their business. That is one of the reasons why Britney Spears sunk so fast when it came to her children. A lot of nosey people swiftboarding.

IhateJon

My problem with the nursery is the LACK OF COLOR!!!! I've heard in the past JLO demanded EVERYTHING WHITE in her dressing rooms, hotel rooms, etc. Guess it must be true because this is EXACTLY how she's decorated her babies' nursery. Granted there's a cream color thrown in there, but it is a TOTAL LACK OF COLOR!!! HOW BORING FOR BABIES!!!

Kelli

What bothered me the most about that article was the pictures of her all glamed up and him wearing that pink shirt. She was in heels outside pushing that baby carriage. I thought, oh that looks normal? If she wanted to appeal to the public she should have been in sweats and a t-shirt.

Astrid

This is a perfect example of what happens when someone with no education or class comes into money. The room is a terrible mess reflecting Mom's ego. There are some things in life money can't buy - sense is one of them and here it shows.

FreakHater

Awesome Nursery, even though I don't really care for JLo, this is her business, not ours, too many tree huggin" do gooders out there stickin' noses where they don't belong. Sure thing here is, there are nanny's with these babies 24/7 so I'm sure there is nothing to worry about. Besides, when I had my daughter, years ago, I would have loved to have a nursery like this. Looks pretty cozy to me!!!!

nena

What annoys me is that the whole spread is fake. I know that to sell a magazine you need glamorous pics. but lets be real do real mamas look like that. People want to connect not get annoyed of fake. We want to see real not what is totally set up for Hollywood. Although it is hard for someone to breastfeed their child..the thought of not even trying is silly. Especially if you know its the best thing for your baby. I am a JLO fan but this Magazine spread ANNOYED me I'm a parent and I know people or stars with money who don't over dramatize it like that!

Andi

Read the article, saw the photos. They have the right to decorate their children's room anyway they want (safety aside). It was way too OVER THE TOP for me! But this is what $6M will buy you! Marc, dump the pink sweater! Personally, I'm a Jolie-Pitt fan! Despite their celebrity, they appear to be just normal folk.

TJ

That nursery clearly shows the lack of class she has being brought up in the Bronx. Just because they have money does not mean they can buy class. I feel sorry for her children who will grow up in the shadow of her ego. That nursery was designed to please her over the top, garish taste...has nothing to do with the joy of creating a beautiful child's bedroom. The cover of People magazine clearly says it all...she has those babies dressed for a ball to impress as she is posing for the camera..not even looking into their eyes. What a poor excuse for a mother!

Kizzy

Geeze, according to some here, those of us that were deprived by our cold, cruel, non-breastfeeding mothers should be thanking our lucky stars we can walk and chew gum at the same time, and you people are taking the piss out of JLo over a fouffy nursery? And you "nurse thru the pain" witches?? You know how much YOUR pain hurt YOU. You DON'T know how much someone else's pain hurt them, so while you're rushing to pat yourself on the back, remember it's only a measure of how well YOU think YOU did with YOUR situation. It's amazing how the human race survived with those selfish, non-breastfeeding mothers out there. How about MY kudos for not being selfish enough to believe the world NEEDS another me? However, I'm with you on the cloth diapers, they can for certain afford the service.

regina

Obscene!!

Maritza

Wow she really loves white! I don't know but kids rooms should have color. That doesn't look like a nursery room at all, it looks like a hotel room with the exception that it has 2 cribs. Honestly, Jlo is such a snob!

annanicolestern

If it's true that she didn't even try to breastfeed her babies, then she is still the selfish fur-wearing ignorant b**ch she always will be. Eff this stupid nursery--who is she trying to impress? The babies don't care-but we all know this is not for the babies, this is for JLo to impress...She's an idiot--the BEST and MOST IMPORTANT thing she can give her babies is also the easiest and most natural thing--BREASTMILK! That's what your boobies are for JLo!! I don't care if she is busy, or that it "hurts" (which is only very temporary anyway), this is how you bond with and protect your babies from illness and allergies, show them love, what security and trust is, etc...I can't stand when women-esp. well-off women like JLo-don't breastfeed. It is the most beautiful and natural thing in the world, and only YOU can provide this...
what a selfish dumbass.