Parents Slam J.Lo Over Posh Nursery

3/29/2008 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

People mag's spread on J.Lo and Marc Anthony's newborn twins has shocked some staffers at Parents magazine.

The peeved peeps posted an open memo to J.Lo citing numerous baby safety hazards. But TMZ spoke to Kimberlee at Boo Boo Busters, a child safety company, and they say J.Lo is totally in the right.

Where Parents criticizes the nursery for having canopies and bows on and around the cribs -- suffocation hazards -- Kimberlee Mitchell, owner and found of Boo Boo Busters, says that for newborn babies like J.Lo's, this is not a concern. She says, "When your baby starts sitting up, at around six months or so, that's when you remove any canopies or mobiles." Emme and Max are barely a month old.

The blog's memo also went so far as to berate Lopez for not having window guards on the nursery's windows. Perhaps window guards weren't very photogenic? After all, in one of the magazine's pictures, Jenny from the Block is pictured feeding her baby ... in an evening gown.

Next time Parents might want to wait to nail J.Lo and Marc Anthony until they're seen driving erratically while dangling the twins out a car window.

mommyof3

I HAVE 3 CHILDREN AGES 2-6, AND I LOVE THIS NURSERY AND I SPOIL MY CHILDREN THEY CAN HAVE ANYTHING THEY WANT BECAUSE I FEEL THAT THERE ARE PARENTS OUT THERE WHO ARE SELFISH AND DON'T PROVIDE FOR THEIR CHILDREN. MY CHILDREN ARE ONLY YOUNG ONCE AND I WANT THEM TO GROW UP AND REMEMBER WHAT A GREAT CHILDHOOD THEY HAD. I THINK IT IS WONDERFUL THAT JLO IS GOING ALL OUT FOR HER 2 BABIES AND THAT IS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE!

dumb*ss

#7, get a grip, and if you want to rant about your "environmentalism", go somewhere else. I'll bet you've never had a kid,and if you do, your response will turn you into the A #1 hypocrite. BTW, cloth diapers are so environmentally correct, we have to use PLASTIC to store them, a LOT of energy to clean them, and if you use a diaper service, well...it's a bit of a wash one way or the other. Disposables are now made of a paper cloth that can be recycled.

When you have kids, come back and comment.

a-good-day

What struck me when I saw the pictures was the complete-glamorous look of JLO, in ball gowns and heels, hair, nails and make up perfectly done. It is unfair to millions of moms who have children of their own that feel the pressures to look a certian way after giving birth. It is unrealistic! I know I looked worse after having my children because I retained so much fluid afterwards. At least Brook Shields was completely honest with her experiences after giving birth. I respect her for being so frank and trying to help other women to learn about post partum and the day-to-day tasks of raising a child. All that matters is if you are a great parent, the look of the nursery, the clothes they dress the kids in, the toys they buy... If you are a good mom or dad, you have it all.

matthew

That's the first time I've seen a chandelier in a child's nursery. Why not install lighting that's more appropriate for infants-like maybe a frosted lamp cover featuring images of Barney.

lynne

Seriously. As a mother of twins I was in shock. They claim to get up every time the babies need to be fed , but have a fulltime nanny. That nursery will be in shambles the minute those kids are crawling. As for the bumpers in the cribs, as soon as the babies are able to roll over (about 4 months) the bumpers turn into a HUGE hazard!! The whole euphoric phase will come to halrt once they are left completely alone for any period pf time with the babies. Most of us had a husband ( or partner) who had to return to work and we were left ALL day to care for two infants, deal with post partum stress, no sleep and the everyday cooking,cleaning and running the house. I was as happy as everybody else when they got pregnat but, come on, it is SO far from the realities of having twins. Last time I wore my evening gown to feed my infants, they spit up on it......

Silly Lilly

wow the breast feeding issue.... and the judgement.... first of all no breast feeding is NOT for everyone and it is NOT best for ALL people especially and in particular if mom doesnt have the greatest dietary habits. There are PLENTY of women that just CANNOT give up the foods they need to and EAT what they DO need to in order to make breastfeeding work. And in those cases, if you are aware of yourself to that extent, then do the kids and yourself a favor and DONT NURSE. I nursed 3 children...gave up coffee, soda, alcohol, junk food, red sauce because my kids couldnt tolerate the acid, gave up ALOT of foods... so that they did not have gas and so that what they were getting was right... I believe in nursing... BUT HOW DARE ANYONE SUGGEST THAT IT IS WRONG TO CHOOSE OTHERWISE???? MANY of you have such crappy diets that breast feeding your kids is probably doing a level of harm anyway!!!! Why dont you all get a book and friggin read it on what you REALLY should eat when breast feeding. Most of you would start crying in a day.

FORMULA is still legal in this country and is still perfectly acceptable.

As for JLO being a diva... okay so what? Seriously how is this affecting you? How are the way her kids will be raised affecting your OWN little world?

How about keeping your eyes on your page and paying attention to what you do with your kids and worry about how productive THEY become as human beings instead of tripping out that your cards in your hand did not include being a celebrity on what you perceive as easy street.

a-good-day

Continued from #133, I was trying to say that all that matters is being a great parent, that the toys, clothes and nursery does NOT matter.

alex

if i had her money, i would probably do the same, but don't you think this pic was probably glammed up for the photo? i just don't like her, period. plus, this b!tch probably hasn't changed a diaper yet! that's what the nannies are there for, real hands on mother you are, j-lo! i mean, it's not like you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth, miz jenny from the block, you self-indulgent phoney.
anyhow, we're just commenting here, she doesn't affect our lives one bit...the ones we share with our actually handsome husbands and good-looking kids.

matthew

When I first saw the headline I thought they were talking about trees (nursery).

Claire's Mommy

When will we stop berating women for making their own choices with their children and their lives??? I admit, I didn't read the article, but if she's not breast feeding that's her choice. Free country people. You want to breast feed to 18 years old, that's your perogative. I tried, but when your nipples are completely inverted and nothing brings them out, then you do what you have to do to feed your child. Maybe J Lo has a similar nipple issue or is on meds that prevent her from bf'ing? THAT'S not something I'd advertise in People magazine. Leave the woman only to parent her child as she wants.

ps, that nursery probably didn't dent her wallet. Impratical, yes. Her taste? Probably. My taste? no. Our business? NO!

alex

i mean, afte lavishly furnishing this beautiful nursery, how much money can be left in her account? seriously.
her career has been in the crapper for what seems like years, seems folks have forgotten about her til she was pregnant. ..i suppose she'll live off the money "people" gave her for awhile, but then what? nobody really cares anymore about these two.

JB

It's a magazine photo shoot. It's never going to look the same at it does in real life!
I agree with others though - spend the money on worthwhile causes, instead of bling-bling for infants.
But really, should we really expect anything other than self-absorption from J-Low?

anita

She is a Scientology's and they are known for NOT breastfeed their kids, I don't care about the nursery @ all, I have money also but did never decorates my kids nursery like that.

alex

you know what they say about ugly babies? they grow up to be beautiful....j-lo may have the last laugh on y'all.

Mrs Joe Jackson

she should sell that junk... she will need it... her career has tanked.