Jake a Fake?

3/31/2008 2:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Returning home from a Mexican vacation, tantastic Jake Gyllenhaal hobbles after a charred Reese Witherspoon and her kids - then doesn't.

Looks like Jack Twist is about to get all Jack Nasty by finding a new use for those crutches - swinging them at a paparazzo's lens.

Reese's boytoy has been gimping around since getting hurt playing in a game of pick-up basketball.

darlene peoples

I need to be honest, a part of me was extremely jealous when the two of them hooked up. I had a big crush on Jake because he looked like my ex, who is just that my ex. anyway congrats to the couple, wish it was me.

jeg446203

My sympathy to the children who are enduring this stalking. Horrible for them. If you have ever had crutches they can be needed and not needed in the same day and sometimes especially needed when you have been seated for a while, as on a plane. I think they should carry cameras to take pictures of the stalkers. There should be laws to protect the children.

PeaceOut

He's probably just trying to get out of doing, "Nailed" starring Tracy Morgan and Jessica Biel. It looks like a stinker and no one wants to see war or political flicks right now. Sorry, but it looks like his name is on the dotted line and he has no choice but to do it.

Love them

Wow TMZ what an incredibly stupid and homophobic post you put up today.

Don't you find it funny how any time one has to register and/or have an account to post, you only get one or two hateful comments? But whenever you don't, you get one hundred? You don't think there are only one or two people who go around online and make all these hateful comments do you? No one could be that pathetic could they?

Anyway, you should be ashamed of yourselves TMZ for printing such intrusive photos and then making such homophobic remarks where absolutely none are warranted.

Biker 1957

Man, it really sucks these days without Brittany

Erin

Reese and Jake are not going to last!. Jake is only using her for the publicity, and has no interest in becoming a father to Ryan's kids. Hollywood stars use each other ALL THE TIME!

I think they even come to agreements beforehand so as to get the maximum publicity. Lord knows, both of them need it with all the flops and lack of star power they have.

jeff

I thinks its hilarious that their so pissed off at the paps. I dont feel the least bit sorry for any of them. Reese and Jake knew what they were getting into when they went into show biz. If Reese doesn't like it more now because of her kids, then she should stay home with her kids and leave the boy toy for someone else more suitable. These two are so ridiculous its pathetic. They think they will get privacy, but sadly they never will as long as they are together. Deal with it!!!!!

Love them

Erin apparently thinks she's a psychic. Not a good one apparently.

I don't know if it lasts or not. But these two shy away from publicity so much so to suggest otherwise, that they're doing this for publicity, is really kind of dumb. Besides they look like they really love each other when not being harrassed by paps.

TMZ, leave celebrity children alone, you sickos. Child exploitation like this is only one step above being a child molestor.

annie

JAKE IS OBVIOUSLY IN THE "IN-BETWEEN" STAGE OF RECOVERING. THERE'S NOTHING FAKE ABOUT THE CRUTCHES. HE'S LIKELY AT THE STAGE OF RECOVERY WHERE HE IS BEGINNING TO DO WITHOUT THE CRUTCHES AT TIMES. I'M SURE IT'S NOT AN EASY TRANSITION.

AND WHY IS REESE SO DUMB SHE DIDN'T USE ANY SUNBLOCK, ???

Hayley

to pattijen' yes they do indeed earn off of us, but NOT by having they're faces plastered all over the press and having their dignity swiped away from them, they are a respectable couple, who we should be looking up to instead of the likes of paris hilton etc who earn money from the tabloids, these are well respected actors, that is how they earn their money, when we buy the movies, they do anamazing job at it too, Family time should not be hell, it shoudlnt be hard to be able to get out of an airport, and your children out of an airport, them poor kids just want to have fun, i know youll say ooo 'poor' kids, they have amazing lives with all that money, to kids it is NOT about money, they want to play about and enjoy themselves, i hate how people think this is ok. if that was me, and my children were around, i would definately hit the paps, yes he may not be their real father, but at least he gives a damn about reese and the kids and wants them safe and for the kids not to be involved, it was their choice to be actors, not the kids, and it may come with some consequences but gossip now seems to just ridicule the well respected actors around who deserve credit for being brilliant basically,

Lynn

Hmmm, love Jack Nasty!

NY Mom

Even on crutches he's still HOT!

Glee (I'm baaaaack)

this is sickening. look at how that poor girl is hiding behind her doll. I hope all of you paps get your comeuppance for literally terrorizing kids.

ray

Monique you are pathetic. Just because they are public figures does not mean they deserve to be harassed by the paps this way. It also doesn't mean that TMZ should make such idiotic, nasty and homophobic comments. Especially since it is run by a gay man. They should be able to go on vacation in peace. I like them both (especially love Jake) and only wish these talented actors well.

GoGoGadjet

Oh shut up, Give me a break, you PR gimp. The whole point is that half the time celebs agents call the paps anyway to "snap them" just happening to come out of airports or cafes.

The kid is not terrified, she's used to pap fuss and could prolly knock 'em over with her toy.

TMZ is just doing the job that publcity-hungry Hollywood wants them to, and these stars are complicit in it. The. End.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2