Jay Leno: I'm Sorry Gays

4/1/2008 8:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Tonight Show" host Jay Leno has apologized for asking a visibly uncomfortable Ryan Phillippe for his "gayest look" during an interview last week. Homey don't play that!

In a statement to People, Leno said "In talking about Ryan's first role, I realize that what I said came out wrong, I certainly didn't mean any malice. I agree it was a dumb thing to say, and I apologize."

Jay made the remark in a lame attempt to make light of Ryan's first acting gig as a gay teen on "One Life to Live."

Unfortunately, Leno has yet to apologize for 16 years of unfunny opening monologues.

OC Get A Life

#44, Given the fact that the internet has over 40,000 english entertainment sites, and you find TMZ so "lame" why on earth are you here at this time in the evening? Is TMZ "lame" or are you just a fat lazy slob living in his parents basement who has no friends except his hampster "Mr Binky"?

brahman

If Leno were ridiculing straight people for being straight, no one would be laughing and he wouldn't have lasted 15 minutes, let alone 16 years. He should be making jokes about homophobes instead.

It' OK Buddy

SEAL2,
I thought your comment was balanced and well thought out. I for one appreciated it. I agree that it is a simple fact that the majority of people hold certain opinions. I don't necessarily agree with it in entirety but largely did and I thank you for sharing it with us and for utilizing this forum responsibly civilly and respectfully to the rights and space of others. I say that as a semi-retired middle aged Anglo-American male as if that has some significance on this forum or should.......

BASHERUNABASHED

GAY PEOPLE SUCK !!!! WHAT ? THAT'S NOT AN INSULT , IT'S TRUE, THEY SUCK........SOMETIMES LICK

Kelli

Cheesy, you do to!! yum!

I am me

Leno is so whipped!!!

OC Get A Life

USB good to have you back, did the N.A.M.B.L.A. meeting break up early or are you fellows meeting later on behind the monkey bars? By the way we really appreciated your comments on the Woody Allen thread, I mean you went from being a male, to being a Professional, to having 30 years of experience, and then back down to having no knowledge at all, one of the guys was laughing so hard he nearly vomitted. For a pedophile, I think you may just survive in the general population because of your prolific ability to lie, now what are you on this thread, a former Navy General, or John McCain's sniper, we are all waiting?

Kelli

Why does this picture look like Jay is getting ready to attack, if ya know what I mean.

tk

How do you get 3 gay guys on a barstool?

Turn it over!!!

Kelli

HAHAHAHA!!!!!! Eww!

It' OK Buddy

Hi Kelli,

I'm back and I appear to be under attack again but this time it isn't a Scientologist but a new Stalker.........

OC Get A Life

DAMN RIGHT BASHERUNABASHED, so do your grandmother, mother, sister......oh sorry and your girlfriend.....and she swallows too....sorry about that brother....but you will have to wash her hair when she gets home.

kimora hater

jay sucks! can't wait 'til he retires!

Kelli

Huh? Don't know about you, but hope whoever you are #61 isn' right, yikes! Do I know you?

It' OK Buddy

You aren't the same Kelli who used to joke with me and Ken on the Heather Mills Blogs and Stuff. sorry....