Jay Leno: I'm Sorry Gays

4/1/2008 8:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Tonight Show" host Jay Leno has apologized for asking a visibly uncomfortable Ryan Phillippe for his "gayest look" during an interview last week. Homey don't play that!

In a statement to People, Leno said "In talking about Ryan's first role, I realize that what I said came out wrong, I certainly didn't mean any malice. I agree it was a dumb thing to say, and I apologize."

Jay made the remark in a lame attempt to make light of Ryan's first acting gig as a gay teen on "One Life to Live."

OC Get A Life

Now USB, you know that you have some disturbing predilictions and psychiatric dsyfunctions, and you are a prolific liar, and all we have asked for is for you to either provide a reasoned and principled academic and scientific journal or publication that supports your pedophilic tendencies as being based in rational medical theorey. And if not, then being a pedophile or registered sex offender, you simply report to the nearest police station so they can run an NCIC, CPIC, and INTERPOL check on you and that will aleviate any of the concerns everyone reading your postings at our office has this evening.

But, since your behavior is that of most pedophiles, post and run, there is nothing short of the Patriot Act which will get you, so keep posting, please.

Kelli

HAHA!! I am but you are on a mission. Have fun! Good luck seeking justice. Hope he responds.

It' OK Buddy

Thanks alot!

OC Get A Life

Thank you Kelli, and thank you for shutting him down as you did, all jokes aside, kids are off limits.

LA*SURFPUNK

I COVERED THIS ON MY SITE

REMEMBER LENO CROSSED THE PICKET LINE WHEN HE WENT BACK TO WORK

HTTP://WWW.LASURFPUNK.BLOGSPOT.COM

Robert

I'v climbed all over the world and with people from all cultures. and I'v learned to recognize a coward, but I think what we have here is a coward that's fascinated by child molestation, a real sick pup. one thing one can say about Jay is he's no coward. he stands in front of a nation and hacks on humanity, name face and hole body. right on jay!!!

Will

TMZ.com: "Unfortunately, Leno has yet to apologize for 16 years of unfunny opening monologues."

16 years on TV. If he wasn't funny, do you think he would still be on TV? TMZ, you need to get your head out of your ass.

TH

What's the big deal? Leno didn't need to apologize. If Ryan can't handle it, then he should just get out of the biz. I'm so sick and tired of all these whiner time-out kids who want nothing more than a nicey-nice kumbaya world. Oooo, so sorry to have offended anyone. Not!

He's just another Idiot

Most of us like Jay Leno. He has the highest ratings every night. NBC is NUTS for replacing him with that silly O'Brien.

Kelli

Only people that are not comfortable with their sexuality would have a problem with jokong around about it. Maybe this is why he couldn't make his marriage work with Reese. Come to terms Ryan and you wont be and look so unhappy all the time. I think the rumors of his affair was just a show to save what's left of his career. How would it look if the reason he divorced his wife was because he was gay. He should have laughed the question off instead of drawing this much attention to himself. Learn to take a joke Ryan.

OC Get A Life

Robert, the one thing that anyone who is schooled in proper debate etiquette will tell you is to never make an attack against an opponent unless you are certain of your facts and position. That, dear Robert, is a personal attack and unworthy of discourse between adults. Now, our interest in your pedophilic friend is not based in our own facination with the topic, quite the contrary, simply read our postings. Furthermore, for your edification, the majority of people who have actually travelled the world, let alone thoughout the United States of America, never say so, their experiences and discoveries naturally come through in their writing or dialogue. Now, I understand that you are upset with us for refuting your posting of the Hebrew faith havin a history of incest and polygamy, by utilizing a doctrinal and historical analysis, but that should not drive you to such rage as to question the courage of the inividuals whose logic defeated your own. But, this is America, this is a democracy, and with our public education system in dire need of repair, this is now the state of discourse in the US.

I wish you all the best Robert, and before you post again, please make certain that you have done your research and are prepared to defend your position. I have been debating since I was in primary school, and I do it now for a living and so do my collegues, this is mere entertainment for us, so please do not take it personally, you are not in our league.

Jack

YEEHAW HAHAHAHAHAHA

DEE

GET A GRIP GUYS! TALK ABOUT OVERSENSITIVE! THAT'S RIGHT IT MUST HAVE BEEN A SLOW NIGHT AT TMZ

Street racers are ass holes

I just heard that...now they not only have comedy traffic school they have gay traffic school, their motto, "EXIT TO THE REAR!!!"

Lara

I also dread the day Leno leaves and we're stuck with Conan O'Brien who is about as funny as a wet sock. I may also have to switch to letterman who I don't find particularly funny either. I am hoping against hope that Leno goes to another network where I can watch him.