Mom of Former "Idol" Finalist Sings "My Way"

4/1/2008 4:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The mother of "American Idol" contestant Elliott Yamin died last night in Richmond, Va. She was 65.
Elliot Yamin
Claudette Yamin had been hospitalized over the weekend -- so far, no cause of death revealed. She recently returned to her home in Richmond from L.A., the Richmond Times-Dispatch reported.

Yamin finished in 3rd place in 2006 on "Idol," behind Katharine McPhee and Taylor Hicks.

Past Idols -- click to launch

OCD

Whoa, TMZ. That was way out of line.

There is no possible excuse for such an unacceptable and socially crass remark as that and it was offensive beyond belief.

To refuse to apologize on your website would only increase your audience's disgust.

learnsomegrammar

Yea, the TMZ staffer mom who wrote that last line would be so proud. Send a copy to her and see what she thinks. Rude is an understatement, you garbage-spewing ass.

k-dogg

Out of line on that one TMZ real low blow

LadyWithManners

Your last sentence was extremely rude and disrespectful. TMZ should be ashamed at the lack of sympathy for someone who has just lost their parent. If the shoe was on the other foot, one would expect the utmost compassion and respect from people, but apparently that is too much to expect from TMZ staffers.

Tired of it!!!!

I watched them on AI, she seemed so sweet and supportive of her son. To those of you that are bashing TMZ, don't read it. This is what they do and it keeps you coming back, besides I think it was a dig at Taylor Hicks not Elliott.

Renee

I know we all need a good laugh sometimes, but who ever wrote that was just rude and wouldn't find it funny if someone said that about their loved one.

GIANCARLO FORTI

I DON'T GET IT, HOW CAN YOUR COMPANY HIRE PEOPLE SO RUDE AND INSENSITIVE AND LET THEM WRITE STUPID THINGS LIKE THE COMENTS ON THIS POO WOMANS SON?? C'MON YOU ARE BECOMING REALLY NASTY.

Hillary

I normally love TMZ and find it hard to get offended at most things you post. However, the last line needs to be removed. Elliot is a good man who took excellent care of his mother during her illness and making light of her death is really rude.

Victoria

I am so sorry for his loss........my sincerest condolences to Elliot's family.

mikeybrbk

WAY out of line!!!! I won't be reading this site ever again, but before I DON'T, you owe the Yamin family a huge apology. Trying to be funny at the expense of a woman who has passed away is NOT humor. Get it???

cZarlos

That was uncalled for. Completly cold hearted comment. True Kat and Taylor need not make another album but his mom should not have been used in a smart@55 remark like that.

God bless you Eliott.

YourPresidentisanIllegalAlien

that's just mean and heartless TMZ.

Jennifer

I think the whole thing is an exercise in bad taste. Not cute, not funny. My prayers are with him and his family during this difficult time.

FRANCESCA

TMZ HAS NOT CLASS. HAVE YOU EVER LOSS A PARENT? THIS IS SOOO CRUEL!! YOU ARE HEARTLESS!!

tisha

That last paragraph was tacky and totally inconsiderate. This poor man has just lost his mom and the last thing he needs to hear or read is comments like the one you made in this article!