Mom of Former "Idol" Finalist Sings "My Way"

4/1/2008 4:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The mother of "American Idol" contestant Elliott Yamin died last night in Richmond, Va. She was 65.
Elliot Yamin
Claudette Yamin had been hospitalized over the weekend -- so far, no cause of death revealed. She recently returned to her home in Richmond from L.A., the Richmond Times-Dispatch reported.

Yamin finished in 3rd place in 2006 on "Idol," behind Katharine McPhee and Taylor Hicks.

Past Idols -- click to launch

MIDImom

Our thoughts, prayers and love are with Elliot and his family at this sad time.

yuranass

You are an ass----- and try doing your homework - - - he has had 2 top 10 singles!!!!

gr8grl7

So umm-- why do you guys have to take a "pot shot" at someone who just lost a family member? That's very distastful!

K

Eliot...Know for every sleazy reporter, you have 100's of supporting fans through this horrible time.

K

TMZ goes to a new low. They are the bottom feeders. We come to this site for a little fun. Do this again and watch as we stop coming....

annoyed

After that last comment, I seriously don't know how much longer I can stomach this place.

TMZ.........if I were you, I would issue an apology.........and fast.

Monkeycox

TMZ you are horrible, horrible people. The man just lost his mother! What kind of people make fun of someone who just died? They are saving a spot for you in hell, TMZ.

yeahyeah

oh & by the way, i met elliot and his mother before, and she was a very nice woman, and he was a very sweet man. i think it's completely out of line and disrespectful to say such a hateful thing about his mother. it's sad how much you guys DONT care about people's feelings in a time of loss like this. i guess none of your family members have ever passed away; or you just didn't care when they did; or else you wouldn't have said something so rude.

jmac

so its really cool to come up funny comments... but this time you stepped over the line.. unless
your releationship with your mother is so bad that you never what to hear from her again. One day
your going to come in contect with someone that has feelings and will have to go through the loss of
a mother or father and I hope it finally hits you what a stupid and thoughtless remark that was. But then
again I could be wrong and you just will never get it... but at least you can work at tmz

krnashville

Condolences to Elliott and his family.
Shame on you TMZ for reporting it in a tackey manner.

K

A families hearts are breaking...Are you enjoying that how low can you go...
Do not even wish that on your staff...

matt

with comments like that and angry viewers you offend with your rediculous stories TMZ wont be around that munch longer. you people really need to get a life, and stop worring about what other people are doing. are your lives that pathetic, that you report and make fun of people dying. you have lost a one time fan forever. GO TO HELL ALL OF YOU

hmmm

Completely rude and uncalled for! Like most of the crap on this site! I don't know why I bother visiting your site - I think it's with hopes that something POSITIVE will come from it - I'm always rooting for the people you put down. FOR WHAT? Rediculous!

Dan

Very disappointed that TMZ would make such light at the loss of Elliott's mom. Very poor taste!!! Just awful!

WHAAATTTTT

tactless, horrible, evil attitude towards the passing of someone's mother,TMZ. PEOPLE!! this is not a april fool's joke!! check the news... she really is dead. This is terrible TMZ... I am SO DISAPPOINTED in you guys! You make me sick. How can you be so cruel to anyone? what has he ever done to you? You make me sick. I never want to read anything on this site again. You guys are evil....