Mom of Former "Idol" Finalist Sings "My Way"

4/1/2008 4:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The mother of "American Idol" contestant Elliott Yamin died last night in Richmond, Va. She was 65.
Elliot Yamin
Claudette Yamin had been hospitalized over the weekend -- so far, no cause of death revealed. She recently returned to her home in Richmond from L.A., the Richmond Times-Dispatch reported.

Yamin finished in 3rd place in 2006 on "Idol," behind Katharine McPhee and Taylor Hicks.

Past Idols -- click to launch

just wondering

..WELL YET A GAIN MISSION ACCOMPLISHED....# OF HITS= $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...PROBABLY ALL HIGH FIVING THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!

Kait

Wow, TMZ. I can get celeb gossip a number of places. I've been a fan here, but wow. I think I'm out...

Bran

How flippen RUDE! Just because you report gossip doesn't give you the right to be completely disrespectful! Show some class for once! AND just for the record, compared to Katherine McPhee & Rueban Studdard, Elliot Yamin has a great music career and I look forward to his next CD!

K

Why don't you just have daily list of people who died and make of fun of their families...
TMZ is nasty!!!!!!!!

Dee-Nice

Unjustly harsh don't you think?!! The man lost his mother. I know TZM is known for witty zingers but this is low class even for TMZ. My best to Elliot and his family during this difficult time.

Shame on you

How disrespectful! Do you not have any soul??? Elliott, may God help you through this tough time. There are many people out there that like TMZ but don't have the same humor as them... SHAME ON YOU TMZ!!!!

Chad

I ususally just read these articles for entertainment value and never comment. However, I feel that TMZ has crossed the line on this article. How does someone find humor in the passing of someone's mother? The writer of this article should be ashamed as a human being to publish such tasteless garbage. Is there no limit to how far TMZ will go for a laugh? I find it disgusting.

teacherdad

It is sad that in a public forum like this that someone has the audacity to write how, like his dead mother, Yasmin will never be heard from again. Do you guys have no editors? Sure, the guy isn't Mick Jagger or John Lennon, but he has an ok voice, seems like a sensitive guy, and doesn't deserve such crass comments from TMZ. You guys really should grow up and not foster a mean spirited nature that is not only morally wrong, but is cruel/mean spiritted. SHAME ON YOU !!!.

wendy

wow that last comment was horrible. keep that up and you will start to lose viewers.

Stephanie

I think that last comment was extremely disrespectfully!!!!!!!!!! His mother was a huge part of the show when he was on American Idol and she seemed like a very sweet and obviously supportive mother. You should be ashamed! May God bless you Elliott!

Monkeycox

Boycott TMZ! (And buy Elliot's album, the poor guy obviously needs some love right now).

Mark

wow, what a statement to make. you guys and gals on TMZ need to get a life.

Kathy Hilliard

This woman always made me cry "with joy" because I could feel her love and adoration for you Elliott everytime she was featured. You were her life and I thank you for allowing her to share the spotlight with you Elliott. She will live in that great smile of yours forever........keep singing for her.....and us!
God Bless you
Kathy in Danville, Virginia

Robert Landeros

TMZ has crossed the line!!! Jerks!

Cubs2009

WOW!! I can't believe you would say that. I'm not a big Taylor fan, but you took that WAY over the line. Please be a bit more respectful when people's loved ones die. What horrible people you must be!!