Mom of Former "Idol" Finalist Sings "My Way"

4/1/2008 4:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The mother of "American Idol" contestant Elliott Yamin died last night in Richmond, Va. She was 65.
Elliot Yamin
Claudette Yamin had been hospitalized over the weekend -- so far, no cause of death revealed. She recently returned to her home in Richmond from L.A., the Richmond Times-Dispatch reported.

Yamin finished in 3rd place in 2006 on "Idol," behind Katharine McPhee and Taylor Hicks.

Past Idols -- click to launch

K

I hope other entertainment shows pick this up and bury TMZ....This is an outrage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mes

I'm a huge fan of TMZ, but lately I've noticed that you've either changed writing staff, or just grown terribly out of touch with reality. Your comments here, and on other places (stars w/out makeup, for one) read as if you are the friendless loser in highschool that's trying to get attention by being as rude and obnoxious as possible. You don't have the experience, wit, or following of some shock jocks like Howard Stern, so stop trying so hard. This wasn't "shockingly funny" as I can only imagine you thought it would be. This was just a sad attempt at humor by witless loser. I hope this isn't your day job....

K

Don't watch their show cause it SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Advetisers Boycott TMZ!!!!!!!

godgirls

I'm sorry for his loss... he will be in my prayers. This is very sad.

hmmm

RETRACTION!!!! I too read every comment - I cannot believe the insulting and disgusting vulgarity from this single article - who the F*** do you think you are TMZ?

shana WEINER

TMZ, that boys mom died. The last comment on the article is pretty harsh, cmon man dam.

Heather

bad form TMZ.

Jane

Extremely inappropriate and insensitive.

I've never posted here before but your complete lack of sympathy for Elliot needs to be repeatedly addressed until you issue a retraction and/or apology to him...and to the readers.

K

Would hate to be the person who wrote and approve this. You are to far gone.

Bobbi

Wow. This article is unnecessarily rude. I'm embarrassed for you. No class, whatsoever. How would you feel if you saw an article like this after your mother's death? Wow.

Medical Girl

I don't even know who this guy is, but this is pretty close to a new low even for you TMZ. Perez doesn't even sink that low, and he gets pretty low.

Harvey and Company, take heed, what goes around comes around. Karma bites. Maybe your edit staff may want to re-think that last sentence before the bad ju ju comes around.

carol

She was so proud of him during American Idol. Condolences Elliott

annoyed

I have to agree 100% with the other posters. That was just tacky and very disrespectful. If TMZ does not issue a sincere apology for that tasteless comment, which was not even close to being clever or funny, I am done here. I will remove this stinkhole from my favorites and never come back. I believe in offering people a secpnd chance. What's it gonna be, TMZ?

mg

She had cancer I believe - TMZ should be ashamed for its poor taste.

Elliot has a great CD that is played on the radio all the time - he's much more talented than McPhee or what's his name

Arnold

The dysfunctional low-lifes you pick on in Hollywood have been superceded in tastelessness by the very people who write about them. These comments are fully pre-meditated in content. You probably thought you were edgy by saying these cruel things. Well guess what...Go To Hell!