Madge -- Immaculate Collector, Ultimate Sellout?

4/2/2008 1:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Maybe the most outstanding thing about Madonna's new album "Hard Candy" is just how much cold, hard cash she's already made from it – and it's not even out for a month.

The Material Mama has sold more than half the tracks off "Hard Candy," reports the Telegraph, to sell everything from hairspray to cell phones to movies for companies from Uniliver to Fuji to Vodafone. Not only is it going to line Madge's already-deep pockets outright, it means that she'll get plenty of free play of the tunes for weeks before release.

Oprah's Dog Gets Her Own Show

Oprah Winfrey will be using her late, beloved cocker spaniel one last time – as the dedicatee of a show investigating abuses at puppy mills.

"Sophie gave me 13 years of unconditional love. She was a true love in my life," says Winfrey on Friday's show. The spaniel died last month from kidney failure; she wasn't from a puppy mill, but Winfrey says she would look to adopt from an animal shelter.

Last week, TMZ told you about how Winfrey set up an LLC called "Sophie's Penthouse" to buy a dee-luxe apartment in the sky.

Party Favors: Kanye Helps Schlep His Fans ... Eva's "Grounded" in a Good Way ... Got Botox on the Brain?

No, it wasn't an April Fool's Joke: Kanye West is launching something called "Kanye Travel Ventures," a "travel program specifically geared to serve the business and leisure travel demands" of Kanye's fans, at KanyeTravel.com. ... Eva Mendes says she feels "really good" and "grounded" after her stint in rehab, reports People. She's working out four days a week, amongst other random improvements. ... Dept. of Explaining H-wood Vapidity: A study in the new Journal of Neuroscience says that Botox – uh, Botulinum neurotoxin type A, that is – can move from its injection site to the brain stem. It could disrupt nerve cells and change spinal cord circuitry.

Awww, Not This Crap Again!

"Botox – uh, Botulinum neurotoxin type A, that is – can move from its injection site to the brain stem. It could disrupt nerve cells and change spinal cord circuitry."

Ya think?! B-b-b-ut, I don't have any wrinkles! Can't smile or show any emotion, but, hey, I'm wrinkle-free...hire me?! Please!

Vapid?! That's an understatement.

Kelli

Sophie had a good life Oprah. I am happy she didn't get botox for dogs to take away all her wrinkles. She was so cute! :P

anon69

as I have been saying all along, if you willingly have yourself injected with botulism, you deserve anything you get.

annoyed

Since when did Madonna's nickname become "Madge"? Having one name's not good enough, and three syllables is just too much trouble to pronounce?

"MADGE" ???????????

Come ON, guys.........really.

"And now, here's the latest single from 'Madge'.............Too Many Syllables.........on Lazy Records........"

Christopher

Madonna is so tired. Her thin, tiny voice is irritating and she has zombie hands. Now, her husband is a hot stud but wifey is so yesterday. I say flush Madge.

pauliev

WHY WOULD MADONNA NAME HER ALBUM HARD CANDY AFTER THE MULTI PLATINUM COUNTING CROWS ALBUM? IS THAT RETARTED?

whoever

pauliev: i don't think someone who can't spell "retarded" needs to be insultng anyone else's intelligence.

whatever tha fu*!/rockergirl

I know they've worked hard 2 get where they're at now ,but sometimes, these rich bi*#es need 2 get off their high horse of things they do !

rosie

I am so damn sick and tired of Madonna and Oprah. I will admit that both women were smart enough to market themselves and make a fortune doing it. But talent wise, Madonna is a joke. Her voice is like a nail going through my head. As for Oprah, she is the Queen of Interruption. The Queen of Know Italls. There isn't a subject she is not she is an expert on. I quit watching her years ago and wish she would just go away. As for the lose of her dog, I understand the pain of losing a beloved pet. We lost our beloved mini doxie this past Feb. She was 15 years old and was the best...and not a puppy mill puppy. We will miss her forever. Oprah is not the first woman to lose a pet, nor will she be the last. The thing that really gets me about the so called charities that Oprah and madonna donate too is this...all the publicity they seek over their donations. And yes the rest of the world's countries have their problems and when do we stop trying to save the world? How about the problems here at home? The poverty, the homeless, lack of education and the horrendous treatment that the U.S. Government has put upon Native Americans for hundreds of years? I do not admire Madonna or Oprah..they both are so full of themselves...

Standards are badly needed.

'Material Girl' is right. Maybe this is her big retirement fund push, but Madonna will always find a new way to make money, because it takes money to make money, and she has start up funds for almost any venture. Younger people who make ageist comments don't have to support her; she has her own demographic who do, and there's nothing wrong with working and enjoying what you do as long as you can do it. It's what keeps people vibrant and engaged, and promotes their longevity and enjoyment of life. Have a little respect and at least give her acknowledgement for her continued work in her chosen field.

Standards are badly needed.

Oprah doesn't have children, so she may be feeling the loss of her pooch more so than some due to heavier bonding. Give her a break. It doesn't hurt any less when you have money. Doing her pooch special is a constructive and healing way for her to give the loss meaning, and she is generous about sharing her life, which is something in today's world. Plus, she obviously has the forum to do so. It took me three years to get over the loss of my two dogs some years ago, as that's how dogs and I roll.

sheri11

What about the other dog Oprah lost to a choking incident just a few months ago. I have not heard any mention of thay ppor dog. It was one of the white one's he had on the show and on the cover of her mag.

LOL

#3, I couldn't agree more. Botox is a POISON that causes botulism. Why would anyone think it's safe to inject?

hmmmm..........................................

hoozat

People have been calling her "Madge" for a very long time. Where have you been?

I can't believe she has sold anything. She is so not good anymore. I truly think she is hanging on by a thread

Just call me trailer trash....

I always hoped Madonna would bow out gracefully after such a great career. Alas, no such luck. She is going to end up like Mick Jagger....digusting.

She already looks ridiculous wearing outfits for 20somethings...who cares what you body looks like you still look stupid.

Madonna time to hang up the g-strings and act like a middle aged adult, which is what you are!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments