Oy Chihuahua -- Peggy Sue Got Caught Lying!

4/4/2008 12:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A London court ruled today that Kathleen Turner owes Nic Cage an apology and damages after making stuff up about her former co-star in her autobiography. Paging James Frey!

In her book, Turner states that Cage was "arrested twice for drunk-driving and, I think, for stealing a dog. He'd come across a Chihuahua he liked and stuck it in his jacket."

Lawyers for Cage said the allegations were false and had "caused damage to the claimant's personal and professional reputation." After all, nobody wants to date a drunken dog-napper.

The ruling in London's high court brings an end to Cage's libel suit. Turner and the two publishing groups accepted that the allegations were untrue and would pay the 44-year-old Cage's legal costs and make a "substantial" donation to charity.

Turner also rips on Burt Reynolds in her book, stating that he was a general a**hole - yet no suit has been brought by the mustached maven.

See Also

SuperStarSteve

Oh Kathleen, stand in the corner and smoke 3 packs of cigarettes!

fergie pissed her pants

just saw nic at subway in malibu and i dont think i have ever seen somebody so stoked about the $5 foot long deal in my life!!!!!!

Laura924

That was stupid. lol I didn't believe her in the first place & if he did still a dog, that was like 20 years ago. It would have made a difference in his personal or professional career, in my opinion.

TMZhires13yearolds

Well, she's gonna pay the consequences for lying. When is TMZ's turn?

Laura924

I meant WOULD NOT!!!

Anonymous 4.12.08 Expect us

Shame on you Kathleen. Your memory must have been a little fuzzy is all, right?
Just a big mistake.

Laura924

I agree, when is TMZ turn?!? I'm sure there is a lot of B.S. on here that celebs could take to court over!!! ;)

Loving it

Great! I just love it. The old saying goes, if you will lie, you will steal. So maybe Turner just got confused maybe she was the one who stole the dog.

LYELL

It's a MAN baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lenn K.

Kathleen, did you go to the Hillary Clinton school of story telling, or should I say didn't you both just tell flat-ass lies?

Funny Answers

Come on TMZ, this story is over a month old, it has been in all my trash magazines four weeks ago. For some unknow reason women have been writing tell all books about ho around, i.e. Valeria B., Peggy Sue, and many more. Then we have the younger women, taking nudes shots and calling it art for a magazine, seems that when careers sag, they want to be what we called me: Pigs, now the tables have turned. Katheen and the others should shut thier mouths, and that goes for Paris, LiLo and Tori. Who cares???

rpsjimj

Kathleen, instead of getting wiser with age, you seem to have gotten dumber. Do everyone a favor and just go away. I have no interest in you or your book, so you'll get no money from me. You could and should learn a lot from Ms. Teri Garr. She is and always has been a class act. When faced with life threatening health issues, she chose to become an advocate and help educate the public. She didn't tell lies in a book that no one wants to read.

Thats One Ugly Skanky Hoe

Nick Cage is so overrated as an actor.

Frank Olivo

Nic Cage is a whack-a-doo...what is the reputation of which he speaks?

scarlett

Apparently she "misspoke" like that fat lady who wears pant suits that is running for something in this country. You know, the one that could not tell the truth if her life depended upon it.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments