Siegfried to Roy: Nice Piece of Ash

4/5/2008 2:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

So the story goes like this ... when Sahra the tiger died of kidney failure a while back, Roy decided to have the tiger cremated. But here's the dilemma -- how do you stuff a tiger with full-on rigor mortis into a small furnace?

Siegfried and Roy's ex security chief, Jim Mydlach, is writing a "tell-all" book in which he describes the incident, according to Page Six. The way Mydlach tells it, Roy was dead set on having the tiger cremated and delivered to him, still warm.

Mydlach says he was ordered to cut the cat up, so he "dismembered the tiger's corpse, cutting off it's legs...one of the worst experiences of [my life]." The ashes then went into Roy's private collection, which lined his bedroom.

That's one hot pussy, delivered as ordered.

ITSBRITNEYBITCH

FURRSTTTTTT

GERRY PULL UP YOUR PANTS!!

TMZ...give me a break. No one wants to hear about this crap. Leave the guy(s) alone.

Calgary chick

I call BS on this story. Rigor mortis begins to manifest after about 3-4 hours after death, and lasts about 24 hours. Like they wouldnt have waited that extra few hours or so until the rigor faded. Gimme a break!

NUMbnuts

VERY PRIMITIVE!!!

TMZ1

Hey Rocket Scientists at TMZ!

How do you have ashes cremated as stated in your article?

Time for the Paps to start following around TMZ owner and staff.
We'll see how they like the intrusion into their personal lives....

There's hard hitting news and then there is this story.

OCD

"Roy wanted the ashes cremated".

Huh? If there are ashes, they have already been cremated, dummy-goat. I guess you could burn ashes again, but to what end? To make sure they don't come back and haunt you?

OCD

Hah-hah! Par 1, I think we're sharing a brain today....

Area 51

A white tiger? I'm shocked that TMZ isn't crying racism.

TMZhires13yearolds

Sorry, but Mr. book writer is spewing hogwash, and you idiots are running with it. A full grown tiger is pretty much the same length as a grown man, though heavier-bodied. I don't think they cut up humans when they cremate them. They have special furnaces, not a little woodburner like Grams and Gramps had. Common logic goes a long way in reporting. You should try it sometime.

Christopher

I heard a rumor that S&R are practicing Scientologists? Of course, Scientology is officially opposed to being gay, but they make an exception if the member is wealthy and agree to tithe the required 10% to the pseudo church.

bethany

Wild animals belong in the wild

Not toys for a couple of money grubbing freaks to pay for their plastic surgery

ruf

The way I see it, one down two to go...

Dancer

I don't believe this story for a minute. I've owned Irish Wolfhounds (tallest dog) and when they have passed they have fit into a crematorium with no problem. Somehow, I think the body guard wants $$$$.

pebbles

TMZ, can you not do or say anything, without it being completely vulgar. Harvey, You used to seem a little classier, on peoples court and stuff, but now I even have a hard time watching that, knowing that you are so vulgar when not in front og the cameras. Also, S&R, hey way to love your animal's!

Angiebaby

I'm sorry the details of putting Sahra to rest had to be made public. FYI... the ugly procedures involved in the proper care of a corpse is NEVER something you want to read about, especially when it pertains to a loved one. The work Siegfried and Roy do with White Tigers is incredible. I would love to have a White Tiger cub, but I know it would not be in the cat's best interest. Sigh....

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments