Moses To Heston: Hey Lil' Buddy!

4/6/2008 8:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Legendary actor Charlton Heston, who uttered the best line in a movie ever -- "Take your stinking paws off of me you damn dirty ape!!" -- died at his Beverly Hills home last night at the age of 84.

The actor, who as head of the NRA once said you would have to pry a rifle from his "cold, dead hands," died with his wife Lydia at his side. He had been battling Alzheimer's.

joey

DAMM IT ALL TO HELL!

abidclb

He was my hero, I truly loved him, and I will miss him.....an example for all of us.

Hatred_Is_Purity

NRA lobbyist will Burn in Hell for eternity. Could not answer the hard question on gun control. Used his fame to serve the gun nuts.

joey

People are soilent green!

frank stevy

PER TIM'S COMMENT :an we get the gun away from him now?

Posted at 10:00AM on Apr 6th 2008 by Tim

AND GIVE THEM TO WHO, THE CRIMINALS ?

IF YOU THINK GUNS ARE GOING AWAY , YOU MUST LIVE IN LA-LA LAND

Peggy

A true American who stood up to what he believe in and never got caught up in the Hollywood BS.
God Bless - I'll miss you!

Wow

Alzheimer's is such an awful way to die. I recently lost a grandparent to Alzheimer's and I took care of her 24/7 and it was hard on her and hard on our family. I pray that his family will be ok and R.I.P., Mr. Heston. You will surely be missed by all. :(

fvshkatie

Never agreed with his politics but always enjoyed his work, especially as historical characters like Andrew Jackson in "The Buccaneer" and "The President's Lady". I did admire the way he stuck to his beliefs, even if I didn't agree with him. He will be missed.

frank stevy

PER TIM'S COMMENTS ......an we get the gun away from him now?

Posted at 10:00AM on Apr 6th 2008 by Tim

AND GIVE THEM TO WHO? THE CRIMINALS ? YOU MUST LIVE IN LA-LA LAND ? PLEASE ADVISE WERE THAT IS SO WE CANM MOVE THERE !

Drifter

So few are left with the character and integrity that he held. He led a life that shows there is still hope that a few can arise above the muck of our society. It doesn't matter if he was a republician or a democrat, what mattered was that he had convictions that he thought was for the bettering of mankind, and stood behind them. Oh how I wish we could forget this instant gratification world and have more people like Mr. Heston. I pray his family has peace knowing that he is now in a better place. God Bless.

gary renfield

The man, the icon, is dead... He led an exemplary life and will be missed...
He would NEVER be part of the tasteless and classless act of taking-a-shot (pun intended)
at someone (and their family) so close to the time of their personal grief.
You don't agree with someone's politics? His postition on guns? Fine...
Post YOUR beliefs at such a delicate time?
YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR LACK OF HUMANITY !!!
As opposed to Charleton who was a vocal supporter of Dr.King,
when it wasn't a very popular thing to do... TOTAL CLASS ACT !

RIP CHUCK from RIPRenfield.com

whocares

Why is it so hard for you to just report straight headlines for reportings of deaths. Every headline doesn't have to be (in your mind) witty and funny. Someone dies, say someone died. No joke.

Freda1966

I know I"m wasting my breath here, but I'll have my say anyway.

Love him or hate him, the man is dead and his family is mourning, so any ignoramous that comes on here and thinks it's funny to speak ill of the dead and make dumb-ass jokes is just a fool playing with karma.
What comes around goes around.

RIP Mr Heston and our condolences to your many fans, friends and loving family.

Jeeze

Some of you are such MORONS!!! 1. Good for you for being so hateful and disrespectful to a man who just died...real classy!!! 2. Everyone has a right to the own views and opinions weather they were what everyone believes or not. 3. If there weren't guns people would still find knives, bombs, and everything else there is out there used to convey violence. 4. Making fun of a man with a serious and terrible disease like Alzheimer's is just sick. There's really something wrong with you people. 5. He was a great actor no matter what hateful things are being spewed from anyone's mouth. He deserves some respect like most of you would want even though you don't deserve it.

NUMbnuts