Wouldn't You Like to Beat a Pepper, Too?

4/8/2008 7:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who became famous with a Dr Pepper commercial -- as in "I'm a Pepper, You're a Pepper...." -- has pleaded no contest to domestic battery.

The incident occurred right outside Vegas shortly before midnight on January 28, when David Naughton -- who was so famous from the 1978 commercials he went on to star in "An American Werewolf in London" -- Hot Mugs -- click to launchgot into it with his wife of five months. According to the police report obtained by TMZ, the 57-year-old actor was arguing with his wife on the phone, which escalated when he came home, allegedly "grabbing her arms and throwing her around."

According to the police report, Naughton was arrested for "Domestic Battery, 1st offense ... due to the fact that he used willful and unlawful force against his wife by placing his hands upon her, grabbing her in a forceful manner and throwing her around."

The bad Doc, who scored the disco hit "Makin' It" in 1979, was sentenced to 30 days in jail. Of that, 28 days were suspended. He served one day when he was popped, and served his second day in the clink on Monday.

Frank

what an ugly old freak

Robyn

I LOVE that song. It was in my favorite guilty pleasure movie Meatballs.

zoso

Let's see, "I'm a pepper drink docter pepper, I'm a pepper drink doctor pepper, wouldn't you like to be a pepper too." Is that anything like: Steve Austin, astronaut, a man barely alive, but we can rebuild him, we have the technology, the make the world's first biontic man! Stop grasping for straws.

L.S

maybe she deserved it.....

sogal

Funny, I was just thinking of this commercial yesterday, I was thinking it was Steve Guentenburg in it.

lady48cat

Just hope his wife sticks to the charges and doesn't back out like alot of us do or did.

It' OK Buddy

Frank...

You're looking in the mirror again!

What business is this of any of us? I wonder what the whole story is and how many times she hit him first?

Sherri

I'm sorry to hear that this happened. He is soley responsible for me loving horror films today. I saw American Werewolf in London when I was 4 yrs old and that's all she wrote.

Kelli

lady48cat, you hit it on the head. I let someone ruin my life because I didn't stand up. I am still trying to recover. Good for her.

lady48cat

Anon the first time it took me 2 kids and 15 years. Never again. So now on second marriage and adoption of his 3 children
if he tries he's getting back. And been married 15 years and going strong.

Black Teef

Hopefully he got in at least one haymaker.

Kelli

Lady, I am far from that, but hoping for the best. It is worst than any nightmare. I have strong faith if I can just make it through. I am afraid to say I have beat your record of 15 years, won't say anymore though.

lady48cat

Anon I'm doing something I never do .....email me at lady48cat@gmail.com if you need to talk I can be there since I've lived it just don't want to put it all out there.

TS Mommy

She needed Dr. Pepper SPRAY!

Iskur

You gotta love people jumping to conclusions. There are scenarios where I would get physical as well, maybe he was morally in the right (even though legally in the wrong). Don't judge without knowing all the facts.