Wouldn't You Like to Beat a Pepper, Too?

4/8/2008 7:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who became famous with a Dr Pepper commercial -- as in "I'm a Pepper, You're a Pepper...." -- has pleaded no contest to domestic battery.

The incident occurred right outside Vegas shortly before midnight on January 28, when David Naughton -- who was so famous from the 1978 commercials he went on to star in "An American Werewolf in London" -- Hot Mugs -- click to launchgot into it with his wife of five months. According to the police report obtained by TMZ, the 57-year-old actor was arguing with his wife on the phone, which escalated when he came home, allegedly "grabbing her arms and throwing her around."

According to the police report, Naughton was arrested for "Domestic Battery, 1st offense ... due to the fact that he used willful and unlawful force against his wife by placing his hands upon her, grabbing her in a forceful manner and throwing her around."

The bad Doc, who scored the disco hit "Makin' It" in 1979, was sentenced to 30 days in jail. Of that, 28 days were suspended. He served one day when he was popped, and served his second day in the clink on Monday.

Justme

We need the real gussip out there and yet we have to hear about pom poms and skating rinks. OHCRAP I knew it soon as kelli got on this Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhit when will I learn?

Come On Harvy and TMZ..................DIRT DIRT DIRT

Kelli

OhCrap? Now you tube Kool and the Gang "Celebration" What do you have against my pom-poms? :)

Frank, join in and feel better! He is a "tool" and creep, whatever that means?

Justme

GOSSIP BOARD, CELEBRITIES, UPDATES, LA HAPPENINGS, WHY HARVY IS PAYING HIS PAPS, IF THEY AINT DOING THERE JOB. THE OTHERE BOARDS TALK WHAT EVERYONES TALKING ABOUT AND YOU WANT US TO TALK POM POMS.?

Its called MYSPACE get one and use it caz your convos are OLD!!!!!!!!!

Kelli

Thanks TMZ! His song was annoying and our convos are boring! Get off your buns and give us some real celebrities! :P

Can you feel our frustration yet?

My pom-poms were purple by the way. Those were my favorite,

Robert

I'm not condoning domestic violence here, but how do we know dude didn't walk into the house to see his wife gettin porked by some sancho? rage is a spontaneous and intence emotion. who out there could controle thier actions in that situation?

Kelli

I am still with Kool and the Gang. "Get Down On It." at the moment. Fun memories!!

Twinker

I grew up next door to Sandy Duncan's parents here in Texas....I remember her mother telling my mother that Sandy wanted to do that commerical because Dr. Pepper was big here in Texas. We used to ride our "banana bikes" down to "Mr. Mancil Duncan's (Sandy's Dad) gas station and get cold Dr. Peppers and handfulls of bubblegum.

I gave my kids Dr. Pepper in their bottles when they were babies....

I thought David Naughton was gay...

conl1751

Also I know I spelled some things wrong. I appologize. It's just I am kind of in shock that our personal family life has come into the public eye. I just ask that everyone please be respectful of our privacy as it is a very difficult time in our lives right now.
Thank you all.

Robert

then mrs/miss Conlon, dude is a total dirt bag. my condolences to your mother and may I beg your pardon.

Stacy

Re: #52's comment:

First of all, Sandy Duncan with the glass eye wanted to do a soda
commercial? (I do know that DP originated in Texas).

Secondly, she gave her kids Dr Pepper in their bottles when they were
babies? Jesus Jones, that's child abuse! A baby should NEVER consume
soda!

Lastly, I too thought David Naughton was a big homo.....a big, gay
Werewolf from London who once pimped Dr Pepper....

His parents must be so proud :o)

Kelli

I could care less if all his wives were in bed another man, or she just "looked" at him wrong! Any man that would lose his temper and hurt a female is dirt. Respect and love each other or leave,period.

tomcat

The Dr Pepper ads made him well known first, then did "Makin It" and "Werewolf". But then career faded as he did a few "Murder She Wrote" spots and background characters. On Seinfeld, was one of Elaine Benis' 1000 boyfriends. Was never billed as a 'guest star', just a 'oh that guy' on many shows.

Robert

domestic violence is a growing problem, and it's not just men, but women are also perpetrators of this sad reality of your society.

Kelli

My uncle had a "soda fountain" in a small town. It had a case with bottles of "Dr.Peppers" in it as well as many other brands. I don't remember anyone taking one and beating the "pepper" out of someone though. He had a history with more than one woman? If he was gay or had anger issues he needs help. Hopefully he will get it.

I am going to go back to my skating and pom-pom memories. This blows, and it is fixing to storm here,

Dang TMZ, why so many serious issues?

Jack

YOU ARE FIXING TO BE A LOSER HERE KELLI???? GET IT??? YOU AND ROBERT CAN TALK TO YOURSELVES ALL NIGHT!!!! HAVE FUN Y'ALL