Wouldn't You Like to Beat a Pepper, Too?

4/8/2008 7:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who became famous with a Dr Pepper commercial -- as in "I'm a Pepper, You're a Pepper...." -- has pleaded no contest to domestic battery.

The incident occurred right outside Vegas shortly before midnight on January 28, when David Naughton -- who was so famous from the 1978 commercials he went on to star in "An American Werewolf in London" -- Hot Mugs -- click to launchgot into it with his wife of five months. According to the police report obtained by TMZ, the 57-year-old actor was arguing with his wife on the phone, which escalated when he came home, allegedly "grabbing her arms and throwing her around."

According to the police report, Naughton was arrested for "Domestic Battery, 1st offense ... due to the fact that he used willful and unlawful force against his wife by placing his hands upon her, grabbing her in a forceful manner and throwing her around."

The bad Doc, who scored the disco hit "Makin' It" in 1979, was sentenced to 30 days in jail. Of that, 28 days were suspended. He served one day when he was popped, and served his second day in the clink on Monday.

pam

Yes, he was in My Sister Sam. and Yes, he is now a dirtbag.

JM

Someone ought to beat the bottom-feeders at TMZ. The headline says Naughton was "beating his wife" but the story says he "grabbed her by the arms" and through her around (not "down" not into a wall or to the floor, but "around". The "least unpermitted touching of another" may constitute battery - and his conduct as reported is still unacceptable and violent, but there's a lot of difference between "grabbing her arms" and "beating his wife". I hope it's enough to sue your insipid, trifling tails off.

wildbarry

He also starred in American Werewolf in London, great movie.

Fred Harris

And this proves what? That he can lose his temper and do something maybe he shouldn't? I certainly wouldn't classify what he did as "beating" his wife." We also don't know the other side of the story. For all we know, she grabbed him first. Men are almost always presumed to be the aggressor, and are more often taken to jail, even when there is no evidence that the woman has been assaulted. This is thanks OJ, and similar high-profile incidents, that have forced cops to take action, whether action is necessary or not. Often ruining someone's life in the process. Then again, there are spousal abusers that should be arrested, don't get me wrong, but just as with rape, false reports make real reports all that harder to prove.

Don

IMDB.com says Naughton was in 'My Sister Sam' for three, count 'em, three episodes in 1986 - 87 as Jack Kincaid. He aparently has done an episode here and there of various shows, some video game voices, and what I think were either direct to DVD or cable B movies.

KimyWimy

I remember that sitcom "Makin It" he was on. I used to think he was cute back in the disco era. LOL

BowerRules

I don't condone beating your wife....but I understand it!

Kelli

RJ, very impressive. To the person who called me "ghetto trash," you are a classy person. For the record, I don't drink sodas. Sorry Robert, goodnight! lol

Rod

well hes always been a nice guy that i know , lets try to put our selves in someone elses shoes , let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Gazderpha

Regarding this posting
19. maybe she deserved it.....

Posted at 8:16PM on Apr 8th 2008 by just kidding

are you also saying that all rape victims asked to be raped???

chris

ddforgolf IS David you LOSER. Thanks TMZ for deleting my previous post which wasn't even bad. I SAID that this idiot has a history of this just like others here have said. I also said he CHEATS on every woman he's ever been with and is a seriel sicko perv. he has an inflated ego and is only nice to you if you're paying him.

chris

oh and the "golddigger" ... I guess she found out he doesn't have barely a dime to his name. HAHAHA

Harry Assman

HE PEPPERD HER ASS LOL!

jan

he can't help himself - ever since he was attacked by the werewolf that killed Griffin Dunne, he's been filled with the urge to kill!

dakine

what do you say to a woman who has two black eyes?.........Nothing youalready told her twice!