Crazazy TV Contraption Predicts "Idol" Losers

4/10/2008 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TiVoIf you want to place bets on "Idol" in Vegas, we think we found a way you could score millions of bucks.

TiVo may have cracked the mystery of who gets kicked off and who doesn't. Company insiders say they can predict who's not connecting by TiVo usage.

Here's the deal. In a sample of 20,000 users, TiVo monitors traffic -- which contestants get replayed (a sign of popularity) and which one's get fast-forwarded.

You think it's bogus? Well, the TiVo system has nailed who got booted four weeks in a row.

And who does TiVo say is getting the ax tonight? Poor Syesha. Take it to the bank, people.

Tabitha from "Bewitched": 'Memba Her?!

Erin Murphy played little Tabitha Stephens on the '60s supernatural TV series, "Bewitched." Guess what she looks like now!
Bewitched

Hollywood Meatheads!

D.I.L.F.s ... Dudes we'd like to, ummm, er, see in more films? Yeah that's it! Click to see the buff boys of summer in all their manly glory.
Meatheads -- click to launch

K-Fed's Kids: Can't We All Just Get Along?

It's a modern-day Brady Bunch. Where's Alice when you need her?
Jayden & Sean: Click to watch
On an outing at the L.A. Zoo yesterday, Kevin's mama Julie had her hands full with the half-siblings, SPF and JJ from Britney and Kori and Kaleb from ex Shar Jackson ... though having a full-time nanny and bodyguard around can't hurt.

School Death Plot Targets ... Chuck Norris?!?

New Jersey cops have arrested two high school students after a teacher found a so-called "hit list" that targeted tough guy actor Chuck Norris. Holy Walker, Texas Ranger!

The students, both juniors at Pennsauken High School, didn't have any weapons on them. The note reportedly included the names of three students and, randomly, Norris.

The boys claim the list was a joke and the local prosecutor says "At this point we believe that this student did not pose any serious threat to any of the people on the list, especially to Chuck Norris." No sh*t.

Larry Craig Interns -- You're My Duty

Sen. Gloryhole Larry Craig is looking for interns -- and the webpage soliciting (yeah, we said it) his summer help is just pricelessly funny ... unintentionally, of course.

The site lays out his (wide) stance on intern work: "I prefer to offer a more diverse experience -- probably because I walked in their shoes back in 1969." Yes, he mentioned "shoes." It gets better: "Interns have the opportunity to gain a solid understanding of the inner-workings ... through hands-on experience." Our italics.

But remember: "Each participant is also assigned a variety of legislative duties." Duties: Those were his words.

Holy Moley!

The mole sees and hears everything in Tinseltown ... especially when it's on your face! Some stars choose to rid themselves of the unsightly skin discoloration -- while others make the most of their blemish.
Holy Moley! -- click to launch

COMMENTS

TRIT

BROOKE AND DAVID ARE TOO SWEET TO GO ALL THE WAY, THE INDUSTRY WOULD RUIN THEM. ISNT DAVID COOK THE FINGER NAIL WEIRDO? KRISTY HAS COME ALONG WAY BUT ITS TIME FOR THE COUNTRY GIRLS TO GO TO NASHVILLE. JASON IS A CUTIE BUT BORING. CARLY HAS HAD HER CHANCE. SYESHA AND MICHAEL JOHNS SHOULD AND I THINK WILL BE OUR TOP TWO, I HOPE MICHAEL JOHNS WINS IT ALL ITS A GUYS TURN.

gmaof10

Please forgive the typos on my above post. There is a personal reason for them.

catie

I think that Cristy will be on her way home and then it will be the dread lock kid. David Archuletta is in the running for the new American Idol. IMy personal favorite is Carly--she's got the whole thing!

Jen

I hate to say it but I agree with TIVO. I like Syesha but she is just not popular. As far as David Cook goes, I would prefer to see him win the whole thing. David Archuleta gets on my nerves. He can sing, but something about him just irrates me! Kristy Lee Cook shouldn't be there anymore. I would say it is definately between her and Syesha tonight. Carly, Brooke, David, and Michael are my favs. I DON'T see Brooke going home. To many people like her. Guess we'll all just have to watch the show tonight and find out who is going home! I think that David Cook is awesome..His song choice's have been great until last night. I love how he re-works the songs and make's them his. THat is what the judges want them to do. I am a big rock fan so his and Carly's style is right up my alley.

NOTAMERICANIDOLFAN--- TIVO has always done that. How do you think they keep up with what you watch. Anyone who has a DVR is being used to collect data for the networks and show times. It helps track ratings. What's the big deal. It's just a TV show.

sweetmusicman

i am still puzzled by some people whose prejudices against someone because of their hair will cause them to go so far as to try to taint others' opinions of that individual's talent. david archuletta and jason castro deserve to be in the top 2, and unfortunately the guys have out-done the girls by a land slide this season.

Missing34

How boring would our country be if all the kids were exactly like David A.

Beck

I like everyone BUT the crybaby David Archuletta. Voice-OK, but it seems he uses crying to win the little girls over.uggggg!

DJ

David Cook, Carly Smithson, Kristy Cook, & Dreads needs to go. I do not see Carly as an idol, nothing against tatoo's, but hers is not becoming at all. David Cook is arrogant, as well as Kristy. Watch Kristy roll her eyes if it doesn't go her way. Sayesha is ok, with a fairly good voice, she could make the top three in place of John.

I think the top three should be Brooke, John & David, with David being the 2008 American Idol. Brooke is a lot like Carrie Underwood, very precious, good voice and down to earth.

Nicole

The top three at the end will be David C., David A., and Michael Johns. It's time for Kristy Lee and Brooke to leave. Brooke cries at everything and it's getting annoying. I like Syesha, but I think she may be in trouble tonight. David C is a lot like Daughtry and takes chances; he knows who he is.

ann

I really wish kristy lee cook would get voted off this week, she really lost my interest when she turned one of john lennon's songs country. It just did not work. Now David Cook on the other hand is goin' places. He actually sounds a bit like the lead singer of hinder.

hokus

David Archuletta will be our next American Idol...he is the best idol model to come along for America since the show started. So innocent, humble, sincere, and genuine. He touches the hearts of the young and old and that is the gift a true American Idol should have. God bless you David Archuletta and God speed!

idolfan

Okay, I am not a fan of Syesha, but I do think she did better than some of the others, my favorite would have to be David Cook. But really the thing I wanted to discuss was the show last night. Okay dont think I am cold and heartless, I am not. Although the time spent last night focusing on problems in other countries made me irate. Yes, I realize they showed a few things here in the US, but really does anyone else think that instead of focusing on saving people in Africa, should we not first try to put back together people displaced or needing addistance in this country. IE the couple in KY they showed or the school in CA, these are not the only occurences throughout the country. I mean they showed a mother in Africa last night whose baby was in the hospital with Malaria, very sad indeed, but then they said she was a mother of 9 kids. Okay, first of all I believe the focus should be teaching these people how pregnancy happens and ways to prevent it from happening. I mean seriously. I did not give to Idol Gives Back last night because I cannot be guaranteed the money I gave will stay here to help people in my own country. Again I am not heartless but I prefer to help the here who need it instead of providing help to someone 1/2 way across the world. Okay I will get off my soap box now, sorry I just had to get that off my chest.

jctraveler

if you go to vegas and place a bet that syesha will be the next to leave the competition make sure that you don't wager more than you can stand to lose. i think david archuleta and syesha mercado will be competing in the finally

steveo

I realy hope that skanky-looking blond trailer park white trash looking girl gets booted.....shes a phoney and full of her self......that nasty looking bitch thinks shes so hot.... i think she ugly and all made up......Me and my family were watching her last performance...... with her hands riseing up in the air , made me sick..... shes a joke , I pray to god she gets booted..... I also curse her foeever more.

Looch

ALL THE GIRLS NEED TO GO. NOT ONE OF THEM SHOULD BECOME THE IDOL. ALL THE GUYS ARE GOOD, SO I CANT REALLY SAY WHO SHOULD WIN, JUST AS LONG AS IT IS ONE OF THEM. THE REST OF THE GUYS WILL ALL GET CONTRACTS. I WOULD BUY THEIR CDS HEY JUST MY OPINION.