Dr. Phil -- Screwed from the Bottom

4/13/2008 9:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Dr. Phil's legal document wielding, cash-carrying, tough guy was not a supervising producer on the show. He was not an assistant producer. He was not a producer. He was not even close to being a producer. He was a production assistant. Think intern with a paycheck.
Here's the way it all went down: The good Doc's executive staff sent a seasoned producer down to Florida, along with a P.A. to chase the story of 8 teens who allegedly beat a classmate on tape. We're told the folks back home were horrified when they saw Mr. Large-and-In-Charge putting the smackdown on local reporters after springing 17-year-old Mercades Nichols from the pokey. We're told execs on the show were pissed that the experienced producer allowed the P.A. to be in a position to embarrass the show in front of the cameras.

The bigger question -- who hatched the plan to pay the bail for the woman accused of kidnapping and videotaping the brutal beating? The show issued a statement saying certain staff members "went beyond their guidelines," but the buzz on the Paramount lot is that it would be impossible for the producer to pay the $3,300 for the bail and put up $33,000 in collateral without the full knowledge and approval of higher-ups on the show.

The plan could have been pulled off, but after the P.A. mouthed off publicly, Phil's battleship was sunk somewhere off the Florida coast.

We contacted Phil's people an hour ago, who responded by saying they "have no additional comment."

blondie

Hey. Esq. The "rookie" media people were doing their jobs. And they can ask all the questions they want. Mr. Large was indeed blocking access to a legitimate news event in a public place. It is astonishingly unethical for a TV personality to spring an accused felon from jail - in effect paying her to keep her mouth shut to the legitimate media. Not illegal but grossly unethical. And if Dr. Phil is screwing the affiliates who air his program - then he's got a whole new problem!

annie

I'm fairly convinced that I had a class with Mr. Large and In Charge last semester... and I know he's interning in L.A. this semester. It's really bothering me that I can't remember his name.

Elin N

Dr. Phil needs to be accountable for this issue. It is in his organization.

canna

What a sad ordeal this has turned out to be. The young folks were totally in the wrong.(HOW COULD THEY DO THAT?) I can not fathom the pain the victim has been through. Hope her family and others can help her. Most of all her family has to keep that low life ,money grubbing, sorry excuse for a human from exploiting her anymore than he has. I hope he chokes on the $30,000 bail HE put up. Wonder how many of the guilty kid's parents will get paid to go on his show? SAD SAD

Twinker

I have 2 show ideas for Dr. Phil....
Why his botoxed bridezilla has collected HUNDREDS of wooden, stiff nutcrackers?
Why his son married a Playboy bunny? How does his "Mom"-ster rationalize THAT at all the Christian conferences to "empower women" she "preaches" at???hmmmmmm....

just wondering

OH BOY # 44......YA GOTTA LOVE THE STERNOIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..BREAKING NEWS!!!!...DANIELS DEATH RULED ACCIDENTAL...AND U CAN HEAR IT DEBATED OVER 2800 WAYS!!!!!!!!! YEEHAW!!!!

He's Boring now

The good Doctor has stepped over the boundaries and incensed his brethren Media with this stunt. He and his Harlot botoxed stepford wife may soon find themselves looking for new sources of income.

Unless CBS decides he is now of the Povich, Springer level. May Oprah forever be branded with this shucksters selection. So he knew how to pick out personalities for Jury selection. Whoever determined he could serve as a "doctor" of therapy should be held accountable along with the big O for creating this Frankenstein and his Bride.

His son married a whore, please reconcile how the Mother and Father preach to the rest of America on Morality. Texas Trash, the both of them.

canna

TO #35 You are so right! Why do people except his word? Can't understand his grip on folks. I say he has had his 15 minutes of fame. Got rich by humiliating people who needed some help. BUT please don't send him back to Texas, he isn't welcome anymore.

TuxedoBond

Who do these jerks think they are coming into our city (Lakeland, Florida) and bailing out that whore. Get out!!!

Kelli

DID EVERYONE DECIDE TO GO TO BED OR IS THIS POTTY TIME? WELL IF IT IS EITHIER RAISE THE SEAT AND DO NOT SPRINKLE. IF YOU DO PLEASE BE A SWEETIE AND WIPE THE SEATIE....

Baseball Junkie

canna, I have an idea. If you don't want him back in Texas maybe we should send him over to the Middle East. He could straighten out the Israelis and the Palestinians for a start and then move on to negotiate a peace between the Kurds and Turkey on one side and Iraq on the other. At least he'd be out of our hair.

hahaha, why do you think I call myself "Baseball Junkie"? My Sox just beat the Yankees to take the series 2 - 1. Baseball has a long season but there is an off-season. Spring training starts in February, regular season late March, playoffs in October and then they start all the trading in November. Baseball is pretty close to a four season sport. The significance of meeting someone in September is that if two teams who are still in contention play each other in September, their fans will be all over each other. I'm lucky. The athletes skipped my kids' generation. They tried soccer but didn't stick with it.

Go Sox

me

Has Dr. Phil ever heard of Shanda Sharer? Maybe he needs to read about the group of skanks who killed her, before he starts bailing out these useless evil excuses for human beings. They all need to rot in jail.

Put Mercades fat a$$ BACK in jail for Victoria and for Shanda.

anonymous

DR PHIL AND HIS STAFF ARE A BUNCH OF MORONIC JACKASSES. THIS KIND OF DEPLORABLE BEHAVIOR SHOULD NOT BE TOLERATED. I HOPE DR PHIL AND HIS STAFF ARE CHARGED AND THROWN IN JAIL FOR WITNESS TAMPERING.

DR PHIL YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

FIRE YOUR STAFF MEMBERS FOR THIS OUTRAGE.

I HOPE THE POOR BEATEN GIRL'S FAMILY SUES YOU TO YOUR LAST DOLLAR.

He's just another Idiot

Dr Phil needs a good Shrink to help him understand why he is such a loud mouth idiot ! Phil is as nutty as a fruitcake with all of his media whoring. I watched his show a couple of times. People warned me that he is a bore and he is so full of himself he's about to burst. His ego is as big as he is. I can't believe he wrote a book on dieting. Dr. Phil is a FAKE. When he is a guest on other shows, I have to turn off the TV because he is so repulsive.

just wondering

Basebal Junkie!!...w o w!!!!!!...ok.....sounds like my computer time won't be disputed...since all eyes on the tele!!!!!!!! ..i actually have been reading ur posts several months and have learn't more abt sports!!!!!!!!!!!! hahhaha