Cops to Brit: You Crashed, But Are You Smashed?

4/13/2008 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Brit Brit was the driving force in a minor three-car ax Saturday night -- but cops say she was dead sober when it happened.
Click to view the docs!
According to the CHP collision report, the popwreck drove her 2008 Mercedes into the back of a 2006 Nissan as she drove on the 101 freeway in L.A. around 8:18 PM PT. The other driver was a 21-year-old man from the valley -- his friends are gonna love this.

The report claims Brit was caught in stop-and-go-traffic when she "attempted to brake but failed to stop her vehicle." The Nissan was then, "pushed forward into another older model vehicle."

TMZ confirmed that officers on the scene DID perform one field sobriety test on Spears, which turned out negative.

So far, no injuries have been reported.

ann

She was with her bodyguard. Sounds like it was no big deal, but I'm sure the media will try to make it one.

Kelli

Well if Adnan did get stabbed it probably had something to do with why Britney had a fender bender. I am sure he jumped in her way and mooned her or something?

Yes BJ,(funny initials) I have finished the dishes and have dishwater hands. I must turn in and go count the sheep. I am going to play the ponies tomorrow with my big brother. He is a horse racing fanatic. I luvz him though. I will place a bet or 2 and hope I "get lucky."

Sorry board for being off topic! Later gators.

Mrs Joe Jackson

"1. FIRST! :-)

Posted at 1:23AM on Apr 13th 2008 by Diana" ....... Diana with nothing to say.
Why waste your life like this dear?

Did she run over any paps???
Hope so.. then run over goons who post first and say nothing.

titty

I was on the freeway when this happened. I wanted to fix this information because some of it is incorrect. First off the accident was not on the 405 it was on the 101. The freeway was backed up and when i passed by there were about 15 paps surrounding her car, ON THE FREEWAY!!! These people are ruthless I mean can't they just leave her alone. It was probably bcause of them she got into this fender bener. Another thing is that she was not even driving, so i dont think that is recent picture. When i passed by i saw a white bauld guy get back into the drivers seat. Honestly people have to leave her alone.

geauxlsu

Do you people have other things more important to do than follow around every mistake she makes and them comment on her accident, if I recall she has made huge improvements over the past few months in trying to maintain her sanity, we are all eventually misled by somebddy and she got mixed up in the wrong crowd. Do we hang her for this? no, we try and support her and show her the right way to live, I'm from Louisiana, she just knows how to have a good time and remember we are one of the states with the worst drivers. Keep that in mind, it's in her blood!!

captain obvious

Hey, if she stayed off the roads the paps would have nobody to follow.. GET IT?
Besides, I thought she wasn't allowed to drive as part of the "treatment"
Sure glad I don't live and drive out there.
You know, if she just stayed at home, out of the spotlight for a couple weeks, the paps would get tired of waiting and move on to someone else. It just goes to show she has no intelligence whatsoever.
Also, it sure adds another piece of evidence to the already huge pile that she is incapablke of providing those kids with a safe environment.

Alotta Fagina

my my, what will they ever do to help this wayward girl find her center.. it's as if she is in a 24/7 Alice in Wonderland Fairytale, only it';s for real.....

Howard

Blinded by the paps again.. Old news.

Get better, kiddo

You can't handle her life is turning around - you are sad individuals, indeed, with TMZ being the saddest. So much hate in America!

noyankhere

THAT LOOKS LIKE AN OLD BRIT PIC. ANYWAY AS I SAID ALL ALONG WITH DADDY IN THE PICTURE THE PAPS HAVE BEEN FORCED TO EARN THEIR KEEP ELSEWHERE.. AND SINCE PARIS IS PLAYING GROUPIE ALL OVER THE PLANET AND NICOLE IS FIRMLY UNDER CONTROL OF THE NAPPY BRIGADE, THERE ARENT MANY ELSE TO CHOOSE FROM.. LINDSEY AND KIM ARE OVER EXPOSED AS IT IS.. SO NO SURPRISES THERE.. WHAT TO DO PAPS?. SOMEONE HAS GOT TO PAY FOR YOUR KIDS PRIVATE SCHOOLING AND THAT MERCEDES BENZ!!!WHATS THIS?. MYLE CYRUS!! OH OH.. SHE IS FAR TOO CLEAN FOR THE PAPS.. AND BORING TO BOOT.. MAYBE HSM3 CAN BRING SOME JUICY PICS THAT ARENT ON THE NET ALREADY.....

someguy

Douchebag still can't drive.

Party 'till you die!

If her brain was made of dynamite, she wouldn't have enough to blow out a birthday candle!

Tangie

This retard can't drive, sing or act. Britney Spears is crazy. She will always be crazy. The minute she stops the pills, or her dad is no longer conservator, she will be back to being an insane, dangerous parent. And that conservator ship will not last much longer. I can't wait! Watching her self destruct is enjoyable, because she treated her sons so bad. Karma is a bitch.

Here comes the judge

It's the med's she's on ya'all

Gina!

In L.A., this is not a big deal. No harm, no foul, see ya! Happens all the time. Sheeeit, that stop and go, stop and go, puts everyone in a trance. Glad she is ok.