Cops to Brit: You Crashed, But Are You Smashed?

4/13/2008 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Brit Brit was the driving force in a minor three-car ax Saturday night -- but cops say she was dead sober when it happened.
Click to view the docs!
According to the CHP collision report, the popwreck drove her 2008 Mercedes into the back of a 2006 Nissan as she drove on the 101 freeway in L.A. around 8:18 PM PT. The other driver was a 21-year-old man from the valley -- his friends are gonna love this.

The report claims Brit was caught in stop-and-go-traffic when she "attempted to brake but failed to stop her vehicle." The Nissan was then, "pushed forward into another older model vehicle."

TMZ confirmed that officers on the scene DID perform one field sobriety test on Spears, which turned out negative.

So far, no injuries have been reported.

Stop Blaming the Paps For Everything Brit Does

You have to wonder what insurance company is willing to issue her a policy.

SHANNON BERGMEYER

SUNGLASSES AT NIGHT COULDNT POSSIBLY HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT IM SURE

HooplaOinkOink

The sheriff says one thing (that the bodyguard was driving) and the CHP says something else (that it was Britney). Given that the CHP was there, I'll go with what they say.

Also, no one hit Britney's car from behind. She hit the car in front of her all on her own, and that guy was then pushed into the car in front of _him_.

In any case, I still consider this to be a total non-issue. The fact that the TMZ writers are too lame to know when to stop already with their stupid "Ding dang" crap is much more worthy of a headline than Britney's minor fender-bender.

Baseball Junkie

kwajbay, I don't know if Britney is suffering from any mental ailment treated or untreated although it has been said that she is bipolar. However, doctors do not normally prescribe narcotics for mental illness. For bipolar, it is mood stabilizers or anti-depressants; narcotics are CNS depressants and definitely contra-indicated. For schizophrenia, she would have been prescribed anti-psychotics. The only illness for which she might have been prescribed narcotics would have been an anxiety disorder in which case she would have been prescribed lorazepam or another similar drugs. The dosage used to treat anxiety is very low however. While it is true that many medications say that "you should not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking this medication" they always continue with "until you know how it will affect you."

Harald (Wenk) Dr. rer. nat.; while I usually enjoy a discussion of english and its strange evolution, TMZ is not where I want to read it and you are even more boring than most. Many people say: "I'm not pompous, I'm pedantic." You, sir, are pompous.

Baseball Junkie

SHANNON, That picture was not taken at the time. We don't know if she was wearing sunglasses at the time of the accident.

Go Sox

HooplaOinkOink

To "Quick! Find someone to blame!" -- We can still blame K-Fed. He was using Long-Distance Mind Control and was beaming Evil Thoughts into the empty void between Britney's ears. He made her do it.

We can always blame K-Fed ... for _everything_, including the current economic recession, the crackdown in Tibet, and even the 9/11 attacks. Have you ever seen K-Fed and Bin Laden photographed together? That's proof positive that they are one and the same!

Baseball Junkie

Sergeant Sphincter of the Dirt Patrol, I dunno. I think I'd rather blame Tom Cruise or Heather Mills for everything that's gone wrong. K-Fed just isn't important enough for anything but the mind control.

Go Sox

madashell

If you look at the photos.. there is a shot of the fro nt of brits Benz and a rear shot with minor chipping of the paint, which would indicate that she was INDEED tapped from behind and thus nudged into the car in front of her, and that car into the car infront of it...

HooplaOinkOink

Yeah, I guess K-Fed is just a Tom-Cruise-Heather-Mills-wannabee.

By the way, what color Sox are you rooting for? White or Red?

Kelli

Has to be..

HooplaOinkOink

Well, if someone did hit Britney from behind, it must have been K-Fed.

Baseball Junkie

I'm a Red Sox fn, born and bled (sic).

Go Sox

HooplaOinkOink

Hey, I just looked back at the article for the first time in a while, and I notice that TMZ removed the "Ding dang" reference. Good call, Harvey.

I guess they decided to replace that staff member with a more experienced writer from the fourth grade.

HooplaOinkOink

To Baseball Junkie: Uh, oh! I'm a Yankees fan.

But I'm willing to overlook our differences, if you are.

Harald Wenk (Dr. rer. Nat.)

comment #93
First there are often verbal injuries in the "discussions" her in TMZ,
maybe for absent people.
Second I exopressed my tha bipolar often
measn only a little bit more creative and sensitive, as probably the case with our valuable Mrs. Britney Spers..
Our giant Nietzsche became nervous "pararaliyzed" from 1890 to his death 1900. It is sgenaral accepted because of syphilis.

Another very famous creative "mentall illl" German giant poet was Hölderlin,
For English speaking people we have the literal giant Virginia Woolf , who was "mental ill".
In France we have the most famous case of lAntoine Arrtaud.
This are some "western" examples.
Let me mention at last, that the last congress of philosophers in Germany was concerned with creativity.
The philosopher who handled creativity and mental, psychotic, manic psyholgical states found
that there is much less "illness" in it, than our psychatists and neurolgists say and do.

Therefore, not only in order to avoid (very light) car accidents, medical drugs are better avoided concening these
psychologicall states.