Do You Know Who This Person Is?

4/17/2008 11:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Walter MercadoIt's not Barbara Walters, designer Carolina Herrera or some Park Avenue society matron, but Spanish language television's resident flamboyant astrologer -- Walter Mercado! That's right, es un hombre! What's your, er, sign?!

The 76-year-old Puerto Rican sensation -- who is loved by every Hispanic grandmother from New York to L.A. for his horoscopes & flawless makeup -- is currently appearing on VH1's camptastic telenovela reality show, "¡Viva Hollywood!" Oh my stars!

Bobby Trendy, meet your long lost, lip-glossed Latin abuelita!

Area 51

I just threw up on Dean Wormer.

expat in mex

He takes some getting used to. But his wife is hot!

Cyn

i love him!!!!!!! i remember growin up and askin my parents if he was a woman or not...lol

Michelle in Clwtr

Frosted Lucky Charms! There magically delicious!!

Toria

I thought it was Leona Helmsley too before plastic surgery! Yikes, this is a guy? Are you serious?

just wondering

Victoria....STRAYING alert !!!....just curious if u r the Victoria that I use to yack with 6 months ago ?....sometimes abt OCD good comments and " Erica" use to yack with us too, I used " jr"....sorry for straying folks. hahahah

quags

looks like leona helmsley to me----im just sayin...................

Darla

Yes he has been around a long time, and there are stories about people who say bad things about him soon after having bad things happen to them. There are stories about people who met him in person who had really cool things happen to them too. I dunno, why risk bad karma by calling him something bad, the few times I have seen him on TV he has a creative way of saying your horoscope.

lindsay

his???????? is it a man or a woman??? i think woman

kerrybabyxx

looks like transsexual who has had the full operation to me.Looks like a older woman to me ,I would never know any difference.I trannies and like them.

Alma

I am a Puerto Rican born and raised. I grew up with this yo-yo and fyi he is NOT loved by abuelitas in San Juan... maybe in the States, but not on the island. Argh! Creepy shim... aka magical Pat!

WARDMAN3

He looks like Betsy Palmer a/k/a Mrs Vorhees from "Friday the 13th"

Stellanna

Looks like the actress from the old days---Betsy Palmer.

meltz11

Somewhere.... over the spoo rainbow..

I guess there is a pot of man-chowder at the end of every rainbow.

Don't get between him and his "lucky charms"

Ed U Kator

Walter Mercado is Puerto Rico's answer to Librace, if Librace did horoscope. Haven't seen him in a long time. I still remember his sign-off, or part of it... "Con much MUCHO AMORRRRRRR!"

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments