Do You Know Who This Person Is?

4/17/2008 11:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Walter MercadoIt's not Barbara Walters, designer Carolina Herrera or some Park Avenue society matron, but Spanish language television's resident flamboyant astrologer -- Walter Mercado! That's right, es un hombre! What's your, er, sign?!

The 76-year-old Puerto Rican sensation -- who is loved by every Hispanic grandmother from New York to L.A. for his horoscopes & flawless makeup -- is currently appearing on VH1's camptastic telenovela reality show, "¡Viva Hollywood!" Oh my stars!

Bobby Trendy, meet your long lost, lip-glossed Latin abuelita!

RON

WHY IN THE HELL DO THESE FREAKS WHAT TO LOOK LIKE A WOMEN? REALLY DISGUSTING!

nancita

I have come across this person a bunch of times while channel surfing, though not so much recently. I wasn't sure if they were a he or she really. I won't risk bad karma by saying anything negative about him, no way! In other cultures being of an alternate lifestyle is thought to be mystical and they are believed to have spiritual powers, such as for healing in Native American tribes and others. Maybe he DOES have a connection, he reminds me of KENNY KINGSTON, the Hollywood Medium who was always in touch with defunct celebrities and called everyone 'SWEET SPIRIT'. Say, is he still alive, BTW?!

Just Me

Dude looks like a lady.....lol his family must be proud !!

Lizard

KHANNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

douchebag3000

DUDE LOOK LIKE A LADY LOLO

NYC4EVER

um...why are so many latin men gay?????

caroline pope

I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THIS PERSON IS I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF HIM EVERI TMZ next time try to find someone that people have actually heard of! that would be great;) but i still love u TMZ

rjinchi

I am gay and extremely ticked by this.... WTF are only the queeniest of queens getting their shots out there? This "guy" makes us all look bad.

Max is a HOTTIE!!!

I totally thought this was a woman eeeeewwwww

Standards are badly needed.

The spirits should not have any trouble finding Walter to passon their messages with him dressed in this get , Lol. Then again, the orbs may see that suit and hide, or bounce right off of it. Paranormal is the correct descriptive word here.

Mayela

Your comment:

Like it or not, Walter Mercado IS a very admired and loved
personality among Hispanic people. He might be a little
"flamboyant", as you put it, but is also a person full of love,
compassion and wisdom... He is the kind of human being that only opens his mouth to say positive things. Unlike many of
us, specially those so-called "hispanic, born and raised", who prefer
to agree with whatever nasty remark comes from those unfamiliar and
disgusted with our ethnic group. Now matter how hard you try,
sounding like a red neck won't make you fit in, sweetie pie!

Fraulein_Steve

And THAT is my point, people. Latino people freaking LOVE trannies!!!!! They do. You will always see a man dressed as a woman on all their shows. Not to mention they love showing midgets hugging large-breasted models in bikinis for some reason too....what's up wtih that?

sandyduncansglasseye

I dont speak spanish but I love watching this guy on TV. It is a hoot!

Erika

Well....she looks great for 76 but someone should tell her that outfit makes her look like she if from the land of Oz...a.k.a. the Emerald City....a.k.a. Dorothy's ticket home to Kansas....lol

Denise Moreth