Fantasia: The Apple of Our Eye

4/18/2008 1:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Fantasia BarrinoFantasia Barrino can now join the long list of "Idol" celebs who have appeared at prestigious events.

She has been chosen to serve as the Grand Marshal of the 81st Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival. That's great and all, but It's no balloon festival, outlet mall or housing development opening!

The event takes place May 3 in Winchester, Va. She'll have until then to read up on the history of it.

BIRDMAN1

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT LAST NIGHT??? WORST PERFORMANCE I HAVE EVER HEARD....DIDNT KNOW SCREAMING WAS ACTUALLY SINGING.....I WAS SO EMBARRASED FOR HER I SWITCHED CHANNELS!!!

K

Well I dont know what performance you were looking at I thought she did well. The song was more of a rap not a song. She performed it the way it was suspose to be done. Why are you attacking her literacy. If you were to do some reserach you would find that she is doing something about it. But anyway who cares she is doing well in life and can probabley afford a tutor for her daughter. Leave her alone. She is sucessful and she is selling records. Wheather you agree or not people in the hood love her. So in case you have forgotten there is money in the ghetto. So she can continue to be as ghetto fabulous as she wants to be she will sell records and get paid. It's all about marketing..... So do your thang Miss Fantasia

Liz

She can read?

divalicious

do you losers LOOK for the most unflattering pics of certain GROUPS of people??? hmmmmm new TMZ poll..?

Just me

I knew you guys would enjoy this! Thanks for posting my "Hot Tip"!!!!!

Very Interesting

The absolute WORST American "IDOL" winner of all. How the hell she won still baffles me. I guess they just had to give it to a "sista"!

poobear

hopefully she'll do something with her hair..they may think a skunk is on the loose

Rachel

I actually live around there and was planning on going but not now.. i think shes a horrible singer and I do not want to see her there!

#1defleppardfam

YUCK!!!

jen

shockinly enough, the apple blossom festival, as corny as it sounds is a HUGE deal there. Shenendoah University is in Winchester and all the kids get baked and celebrate. its not as rinky-dink as it sounds.

JennInDC

Interesting. I'm from that area and just can't see Fantasia at the Apple Blossom Festival. Clay, maybe! My mom was an Apple Blossom Princess back in the early 50's!

me

I live in Winchester, VA. So I will be sure not to attend if Fantasia will be there. I can't stand her voice!!!! she always sounds like she is whinning.

Star

She is so freakin ugly her hair is nasty She just needs to go away!

J Doe

fantasia and macy gray have the WORST,,,,two voices i cant stand.

and what is fantasia doing bout herself being ILLITERATE? is she taking any classes to better herself in reading and writing,...most likely the answer is NO !

YES..SHE IS THAT STUPID.

if she cares so little bout her 'problem'...whos to say she wont give a dam about her daughters school work . she certainly wont be able to help her with her homework. mom cant read or write even the most simple words hat, cat, bat, sat.

her mom should of bought her a Dr Suess ABC book and a tutor.

Va Buckeye

Oh shut up. All of you "locals" who say you're not going to go to Apple Blossom because of Fantasia, you're full of it. Apple Blossom is the only thing you mountain folk have to cling to and there's no way you're going to miss it. If you ever left your boring town for even half of a second, you'd see just how small beans it is compared to the places 40 minutes East of you.

Get a life.