Fantasia: The Apple of Our Eye

4/18/2008 1:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Fantasia BarrinoFantasia Barrino can now join the long list of "Idol" celebs who have appeared at prestigious events.

She has been chosen to serve as the Grand Marshal of the 81st Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival. That's great and all, but It's no balloon festival, outlet mall or housing development opening!

The event takes place May 3 in Winchester, Va. She'll have until then to read up on the history of it.

ME

Wat dad? The Shenindouh Aple Blosom Festibal?

sit down

*****WITHIN*******
*****THAT*******

Kat

Winchester Girl,

I am from Fredericksburg, and the Apple Blossom Festival sounds fun to me. I just might go this year.

Kat

I know many Winchester citizens who travel to D.C. to work. I highly doubt the town is full of mountain people but many professionals who commute to work. Who can afford to live in Fairfax County is beyond me. :) Winchester is a wonderful town, and I own some land near the mountains in Frederick County too.

CH

I think it's a damn shame that TMZ would make fun of someone who can't read. I don't really enjoy Fantasia's music, but she is far more famous than any of you loser geeks at TMZ. Every story posted on here is just another shot below the belt to someone, and I for one, am finished with TMZ.
Even if she is illiterate, she probably has more sense and CLASS than any of you.

cw

#12 You really sound like the illiterate one here. To all you judging this girl needs to stfu because theres only one person that will judge her and its neither any of you.

I'm pretty sure the festival won't be missing any of you who decides not to go because of whos going to be there. Apparently the people behind the festival wanted her to be there and thats all there is to that. Stay home and post on TMZ boards all day since thats what it seems like is your daily routine anyways.

Dayum hicks for you.

JennInDC

Just for the record, Winchester Girl, I'm a DC/NOVA native, born, bred and still live there. But there is nothing wrong with Winchester and it's not as small town and country bumpkin as you're making it out to be. This is for the benefit of those non-East Coasters on here. It's nice little town and the Festival is fun. And why call yourself Winchester Girl if you despise Winchester so much? There's far more life and "bigger beans" OUTSIDE DC, so maybe you should go find some, too.

nsha

I might have moved away from Winchester b/c of school and simple minded drama among ppl that hadn't grown up yet at the time but I still hold Winchester close to my heart. We are not mountain folk as #13 would put it. If you got that much of a problem with Winchester, then pack your butt up and move away. We don't need ppl like you with a negative sterotypical attitude about a lovely town living there. My mother has been commuting to Dulles airport for many many years, constantly driving away from the town and she prefers returning to Winchester every day over the hustle and bustle of the "elite wanna be's" of the city and nothern Va. Apple Blossom is fun, family friendly, and a time to mingle with outside of the box entertainment. It's good to see Winchester is getting some more exposure. Oh and another point.... many city ppl are moving to Winchester, so what does that say? HUH?

ME

#37 - NOT APPROPRIATE!

When I See U - 8 Weeks at No 1!

The TMZ Staff may not like American Idol but Fantasia Barrino ranks near the very top of the talents that have appeared and performed on the show.
Her two Albums have received a total of seven Grammy nominations and out of all the American Idols that have performed on Broadway only Fantasia has actually won the prestigious Theater World Award for Best Broadway Debut.

southerngyrl

TMZ you put black americans on here to start a race war!!! Stop putting up post about black americans plz! Everytime I read the comments about a black celeb, there are people posting racist comments about them. BTW, Fantasia didn't say that she couldn't read at all, she said she wasn't a strong reader.

Lucy Phoenix

3. The absolute WORST American "IDOL" winner of all. How the hell she won still baffles me. I guess they just had to give it to a "sista"!Posted at 12:39PM on Apr 18th 2008 by An honest opinion!

I think it was when she sang that "in the summertime" song. She played it to the hilt and nailed it.

Nelson

One bad apple can spoil the whole bunch.

L

Ugh-Enuf already-What an ugly talentless thang-
Fantasia wowed enough people to get where she is but what does she realy do-Ugh not much of anything.
Her musical talents are not so great-her looks are forgetable and her personality-Not enough to speak of there either-
Good thing for eual opportunity -Without that shed be sliggin hamburgers at a local diner-probably where she was before.
One girl who got lucky-
Her attitude is as big as Texas-Chick lose the ATTITUDE-You dont have alot of talent-Just alot of attitude.
Ugh-Makes me sick-

Dog and Beth Supporter

MAN I HATE THIS BITCH I HATED HER ON IDOL AND FEEL SHE NEVER SHOULD OF WON, LOOKING AT HER MAKE'S ME WANT TO PUKE WITH HER BIG ASS LIP'S AND NAPPY HAIR GO AWAY

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments