Katie Couric Gets Moonves'd

4/18/2008 4:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

CBS honcho Les Moonves did his best to squelch rumors that Katie Couric was jettisoning the anchor chair, but there's a story behind the story.
Katie Couric and Les Moonvees
Moonves, Couric and Sean McManus (CBS News Prez) addressed the troops in the newsroom, saying Katie was there for the long term.

Nice, Les, but we know Katie's reps have already been talking to CNN and others, because she's frustrated with her current gig.

As we first said, she'll definitely be there through Election Day. We're hearing earliest exit now is after the inauguration.

Stay tuned ...

the charleston kid

I love Katie Couric!!! She is a tremendous journalist and ideal for the evening news. She's better than stiff Charlie Gibson. Moreover, she is attempting to reach out to us--the young demo--by broadcasting her evening newscast on the internet. Stop being so mean to her-- give her a chance!

Catherine

Can we tell it like it is?
CBS is letting save face -- they WANT her to go.
And it's something that can't happen soon enough.

Audrey

It makes me feel ill to hear so many comments of this nature about anybody. What ever happened to "Love your neighbor"?
What ever happened to "bear one another's burdens"? Let's learn to love each other....even the ones that we find unlovely......especially those..

popculturecrazy151515

THAT LES MOONVES IS THE BIGGEST JERK AT CBS. FIRST, HE HAD AN AFFAIR WITH JULIE CHEN WHILE
HE WAS MARRIED WITH CHILDREN. JULIE CHEN IS HALF HIS AGE AND WORKED FOR HIM. HE PROMOTED HER
TO EARLY SHOW NEWS ANCHOR AND GAVE HER THE BIG BROTHER GIG. UNBELIEVABLE THAT A CEO CAN GET
AWAY WITH THIS. AFTER HE AND CHEN MARRY - HE LURED JULIE CHENS BIGGEST COMPETITOR (KATIE COURIC)
TO CBS. HIS WIFE IS STILL IN 3RD PLACE ON THE EARLY SHOW. YET, JULIE CHEN STAYS BECAUSE
SHE IS LES MOONVES WIFE. KATIE COURIC, ON THE OTHER HAND, WILL BE GETTING THE AXE.

Totally!! Whoever thinks Julie Chen is good at her job must be drunk!!! She is where she is because she slept with the boss!!

Liz

I'm a Charlie Gibson fan!

Blissfull

I hope she goes I can't stand looking at her. I find her very very unappealing and I don't need to see her at all much less in HD. Yuck!

Harriet

I am not a Katie Couric fan. But I am not a fan of network news either. I was not a fan of Dan Rather but to replace him with such a little talent person was a shame. He was a real journalist - Katie is not.

Kelli

Everytime my mom sees her I have to hear "I want Dan Rather back." It's so annoying.

Al

Bet she wishes now she kept the Today Show gig. Meredith is doing a wonderful job.

Sydney

I'm appalled by Katie's lack of skills. She must have slept through Intro to Journalism 101. When she's finally gone, I hope CBS will have the good sense to hand the anchor chair to Russ Mitchell.

Bubblebunny

Katie is just palin BORING.

sarya

who watches evening news? so why the big brooohaha over this? The rumor mills say Matt Lauer wishes he still worked with her and he is looking for a different gig-maybe they will team up again. They did a good job together and I can't stand her replacement on the Today Show.

Twinker

I get all the news I need from Tmz...

Lucy Phoenix

You can tell who TMZ likes and dislikes by the picture they chose to run. Notice how Katie looks like a retard. They do the same to Hillary, but that's only because you can't get a good picture of Hillary. Isn't Katie married to someone important?

Lori

I heard she might be offered Larry King Live when he retires which HE NEEDS to. Talk about boring!!! Katie was scrutinized for every little thing she did, from the get go far more than a man would have been. it was totally unfair. She became like a stepford wife giving the news so afraid of making a mistake she is now a ROBOT. I think that is why she is boring. She should have stuck with the a.m. show, or just doing interviews. That is her thing. But cut her a brake. She is to afraid of making a mistake.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments