Shamrock Says UFC Lepre-Conned Him!

4/19/2008 1:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UFC fighting legend Ken Shamrock is suing the company that runs the show, for allegedly jock blocking his un-retirement.
Click to view docs!
In a lawsuit filed in Nevada, Shamrock claims after a controversial fight against Tito Ortiz in early 2006, which Ortiz won, defendant ZUFFA, a parent company to the UFC, made a two-fight deal with Shamrock. Under the deal, Shamrock would fight Ortiz again. Shamrock also agreed to yet another fight with someone else, but he had the option of not fighting the second fight in the deal if he chose to retire after the Ortiz bout.

On October 10, 2006, Ortiz beat the crap out of Shamrock. Immediately after losing, Shamrock announced his retirement.

In June, 2007, Shamrock had a change of heart and wanted to go for that second fight under the deal, but ZUFFA said it was over. There's this whole technical thing about confidential documents and other stuff, but the bottom line is ZUFFA didn't provide Shamrock with the second fight so he's pissed.

BTdubs, Shamrock is only one of three men to ever be inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame.

Angie

wait, im confused.
did shamrock retire and opt out of the second fight? then change his mind? then get pissed when a second fight didnt happen?
hes suing for this??? seriously?
HE RETIRED. its not like they just screwed him out of a fight. he decied not to do it.
good lord.

trippyhippy

Shamrock needs to just stay retired. He is tarishing his image with each loss and half ass fight.

RJ

Ken - you got owned by Tito last fight (and I don't like Tito). Stay retired and keep what community respect you have left.

Party 'till you die!

All Scamrock had to look forward to was another extreme beating at the hands of whoever he faced! He and his brother, Frank, are nothing but a bunch of loud mouth bullies who talk a big game and then get their asses kicked. Ortiz HUMILIATED him TWICE and yet his gums keep flapping. They are the 'Cobra Kai' ( sorry, Karate Kid reference) style of people who do not train with honor and teach that settling things through violence on the streets is the way to prove things! For them, violence is ALWAYS the answer and supersedes the true honor and humility that many who practice the arts are all about! They are everything that is bad about the arts! Yeah, he is a 'legend', but this is mainly due to timing issues of being around for a while. UFC president Dana White does not like serial losers and outright thugs and it is easy to see why he passed on this fight. I'll be happy if this tool ever gets a clue and retires. Unfortunately, his family will continue to train students without the moral framework that legitimate instructors work so hard for. They are nothing more than a bunch of well known thugs who train others to be thugs themselves. They are not well liked, or respected by any legit instructor anywhere. They give a bad name to the entire sport and system of all arts everywhere!

DaRampage

FYI to the fine guys at TMZ there are FIVE (5) members of the UFC Hall of Fame: Royce Gracie, Dan Severn, Ken Shamrock, Randy Couture and Mark Coleman.

wtf

WoooooHooooo I can't wait for Serra to get his ass beat tonight.

jennifer2000

Oh Pleeeeeeeeezzzzee ! UFC is so fake and staged ! They practice every fight like dancers rehearsing a dance number. I've even seen some UFC o"fighters" spit fake teeth out into the octagon to make it "LOOK REAL" gimmie a break ! I out weigh this lepercon Shamrock by about 20lbs ! I bet I could whoope his butt. Just like a Cop my flab is like a bullet proof vest that blocks punches and kicks. I would "IMPOSE MY GUT" !

sandman

The guy is SUCH A JOKE! At this point perhaps age has just caught up with him? He looks tough, talks tough, but he no-sooner gets in the ring and all the tough talk only end up with him getting the crap knocked out of him within seconds! Time after time talk talk talk pose pose pose, it always ends the same way within seconds. He's done done done. No one takes him seriously anymore but himself. A promoter could't suggest Shamrock had a fight in him with a straight face at this point, so why bother? He's done done done. Try 'Circus Wrestling/'WWF Shamrock? Only in that ring/circus could you be assured any chance of victory. You got the moves and the acting down pat, and it's time for a new career don't you think (or couldn't you take a hint)?

wtf

Gibby you're a freaking idiot and have no idea what you are talking about.

totoafrica

I'll tell you what Gibby, I fight MMA, and I'll prove to you it's real. I will fight you for free at the place of your choice. I have a 8-1 record, and am in the 205 weight class. You post any contact info I can have for you. I want everyone on this blog to watch him get his ass beat, and then say its fake. Please, give me some contact info you internet tough guy. Get out of your parents basement, and fight me.

GEB

Whoa I like Ken Shamrock. I hope he get's this case settled alright. Oh and I can not WAIT for Serra vs. St. Peiree 2 tonight. That is going to rock. Hey "Brawling and Leglocks baby, Brawling and Leglocks", a Ken Shamrock quote. Oh and btw, Ken and Frank are adopted brothers. And I do not beleive they train together anymore although they did at one time. Just to clarify.

DD

Shammy, the only place you deserve to be is in the "Hall of Shame". Take your loss(es) like a man & grow up. It may be too late to redeem yourself as a son & husband, but for your own good, work on redeeming yourself as a professional. Stop the whining.

CARLYWOOD

I RAN INTO SHAMROCK A COUPLE YEARS AGO IN CLEVELAND, OH...HE SLIPPED HIS ROOM KEY TO ME...AS IF!! ME AND MY FRIEND TOOK HIS CLOTHES AND DRIVERS LICENSE TO PROVE WE WERE THERE...WE ALSO FOUND OUT, HE HAD A WIFE, KIDS, AND YA A COKE HABIT...SO IF HE WINS..IT'S FIXED....

Jennifer2000

MMA fighters don't make random challenges or solicite "STREET FIGHTS" that terminate fighters under MMA rules & regulations.

A "REAL MMA FIGHTER" would state the where he trains and offer the invitation to "roll for a round or two" with the "IDIOT GUT"

haystak707

Ken Shamrock is actually one of five hall of famers (not 3). The other four people are: Royce Gracie, Dan Severn, Randy Couture and Mark Coleman. Also Shamrock is a hog but Chuck would destroy him!