Izzard to Cross-Dress Over into Politics?

4/20/2008 5:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

eddie izzardEddie Izzard's looking to become the next big transvestite on the political scene. Take that, J. Edgar Hoover!

"The Riches" actor, 46, told Newsweek he wants to get into European politics, and said, "I think the stakes are if we don't make the European Union work, then the world is screwed. End of story."

Izzard to save the world? In heels as well! Kinda looks like Angela Merkel, doesn't he?

Click to view gallery!

FlBiker

Ahhh, nice penis m'aam?

hmmm..

He looks like Pink LOL!

FlBiker

#2 socalgirl

I didn't think Pink was that feminine ;)

Goober

i wonder if IT has had ITS penis lopped off yet

JL

Andrea Merkel?? If you're referring to the German Chancellor it's ANGELA Merkel you idiots.

Bunnie

And we care why?

tba

He's very funny as a stand-up comedian...It's too bad you don't see more of his stand-up specials.

Kelli

She is a very attractive lady...nice to meet you madame..

jengirl

is that pink's mom, or dad?

Ian Kemp

Anybody else noticed noticed how TMZ's comments are becoming dumber....come on Harvey, is this the best you can do..?

Lenn K.

This is why the terrorist what to kill us. They think that Muhammad might get the same idea and become Michelled.

sandykay

I think most people would think he is a joke. no vote from me.

MsMellow

Eddie Izzard is one of those people who has a quirky way of looking at things and is one of the most intelligent people I have listened to. He is well versed in world politics- watch his Dress to Kill stand up - just one example. I realized that he knows much more about world politics, history and the hypocrisy of religions than most so-called scholars and the idiots who are in power now. I enjoy Eddie as a comedian and actor - he is my absolute favorite comedian- and I don't want to lose him to politics. He would be judged as a "freaky" transvestite (although he is an EXECUTIVE transvestite) before anyone ever let him open his mouth to speak- although I doubt he would really care. Of course, a lot of the posts seen here have that same hillbilly mentality.

honesty

I have listened to Izzard's stage shows for years. In between the laughter he makes quite a bit of sense(he does hold a Doctorate from University of East Anglia in Norwich, England).As for him being a transvestite, at least he is straight forward about it, and honest about it., Now J. Edgar Hoover hid his dress wearing away, while abusing other people who were gay. lesbian, or a cross-dresser. Hoover was a big, strange, self-hating, sadistic, power hungry sicko. Izzard is just a guy who likes to dress pretty, joke about it in front of large audiences, and gets paid huge amounts of money for it, while taking all the wild girls home at night. Maybe we are the crazy ones.

Ashley

Eddie Izzard is well educated and a genius. IfI were in a position to vote for him I would. He holds no sacred cows and demonstrates a broad and balanced understanding of the golbal context.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments